Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2016, 07:11   #541
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt View Post
I think for tata this is the last of the 'similar to existing' looking series. Zest, bolt and now this. The close resemblance to the aria in profile , stance and front orvms etc is still there , even the way the rear corner roof forms a triangle of sheet metal.
Creating a 'different' looking vehicle from the aria was the biggest challenge to the design team. I dont think they have done enough.
Check out VW, Audi, Skoda and other manufacturers across the world. They do maintain a design language across all their models. No one's complaining.

The Hexa does look 'different' with an imposing street presence compared to the Aria. Based on required cost inputs and without going overboard, i think the Hexa is a very decent job, considering existing tooling investments.
discoverwild is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 11:45   #542
BHPian

Hexa definitely looks imposing and I am sure a lot of people are waiting for Tata to launch this car. Looking at the noises made by their chairman and md they seem to be really focusing on a quality product. They should also focus on customer interaction and have dedicated teams for such products probably like Nexa. Price will be the key. Hope they don't make the mistake they did with the Aria and pitch it against the XUV rather than Innova. Innova customers will never ever look at the Hexa.

Last edited by Palio_2005 : 9th September 2016 at 11:49.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 14:00   #543
BHPian

[Check out VW, Audi, Skoda and other manufacturers across the world. They do maintain a design language across all their models. No one's complaining )

If tata had a brand similar to the 3 you have mentioned then I would agree.

It's about where they need to go from where they are today.
Old 9th September 2016, 14:06   #544
BHPian

Aria was leagues beyond the Innova. Pity that there wasn't a favourable launch to it. Nevertheless, HEXA, if supported with the right support contracts & services will provide all the cars in the under 22L bracket, a run for their money. It is all a question of "IFs & WHEN".

For us, it is important that we have an unbiased opinion/ approach towards the car. From the looks of it, it is no doubt generating a lot of expectations.

Diwali isn't far away

Quote:
[Check out VW, Audi, Skoda and other manufacturers across the world. They do maintain a design language across all their models. No one's complaining )

Does JLR not qualify here?

Last edited by Aditya : 9th September 2016 at 14:49. Reason: Back to back posts merged
m3_07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 14:32   #545
BHPian

I am completely sold on the looks. Fact of the matter is, I liked Aria too (after the price drop) for what it offered. If I need as big a car, then this is definitely my car. But right now, I am certain that only the Tipo can replace my Linea (whenever it is time)

I don't really understand why people try hard to look for similarities. If it more apparent, like the case of Bolt, I can understand, though.
Old 9th September 2016, 18:47   #546
Distinguished - BHPian

How is this for a desktop wallpaper?

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-tatahexadesign5.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 19:16   #547
Senior - BHPian

For all those who complain about Hexa design similarities with the Aria! According to me they did a wonderful job redesigning the vehicle inside out. Design looks very neat and clean!

pic credit: respective owners
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-ariahexa.jpg  

Latheesh is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 19:50   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
For all those who complain about Hexa design similarities with the Aria! According to me they did a wonderful job redesigning the vehicle inside out. Design looks very neat and clean!

All credit goes to PRATAP BOSE - Head of Design, TATA MOTORS.

Kudos to Mr. Bose
Nilay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 20:11   #549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For all those who complain about Hexa design similarities with the Aria! ...
While the Hexa looks so much better than the Aria, my complain of TATA not always going the extra mile holds. They could have very well re-designed the ORVM. While it may not be a pain area, that simply doesn't gel with the more boxy looks of the Hexa and reminds the well educated one among the masses of the Aria.

Something in the lines of a Safari would have definitely added the extra zing!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 9th September 2016 at 20:13.
Old 9th September 2016, 20:24   #550
BHPian

Quote:
I think for tata this is the last of the 'similar to existing' looking series. Zest, bolt and now this. The close resemblance to the aria in profile , stance and front orvms etc is still there , even the way the rear corner roof forms a triangle of sheet metal.
Creating a 'different' looking vehicle from the aria was the biggest challenge to the design team. I dont think they have done enough.
Quote:

Well, it is not just the 3 Germans. ANY manufacturer from Maruti Suzuki to Honda to Renault-Nissan does this. Parts sharing, panel sharing is very common nowadays. I dont think the brand image is a deciding factor here. I agree that Tata used the Indica / Vista design language way too far - but that was more about the shape of the car and grille design. That received criticism and lot of it - well deserved and rightly so.

Personally, when it comes to Hexa, I feel Tata has done an excellent job in transforming the Aria to Hexa. Anyone non-enthusiast with a not so keen eye will not be able to find that Hexa is a re-designed Aria. Much better effort compared to what Honda did with Mobilio to BRV or the S-Cross Euro face-lift.
Vigkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 20:53   #551
BHPian

I totally Agree.. that the Designers at TATA have done a Commendable Job.. redesigning the Aria into HEXA.

Here Is, One of the TATA HEXA-Designer.. Sanjay Urikoth's- Blog

http://sanjayurikoth.blogspot.in/?view=snapshot
Do Check-Out his Radical TATA Design's..
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-eagle_black_front-02.jpg  

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-eagle_blue_1.jpg  

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-sketch-both.jpg  

kalleo4 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 21:50   #552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If you see their cars for what they truly are, you'll notice that they are almost where they need to be. It's only in the Indian perspective that they may not get their due because 'phoren' is decidedly better.

I can relate to that, as I face the same thing in my industry as well.
Old 9th September 2016, 21:56   #553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post

It is indeed a decent job. Probably the front indicator is the only visible carry over. At the same time, I feel that the rear design have the same flair as the front styling. Do they have different designers who are in change of front and back . Somehow the design language is not the same. But the overall styling is miles ahead of Aria's.
Old 9th September 2016, 21:58   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
If you see their cars for what they truly are, you'll notice that they are almost where they need to be. It's only in the Indian perspective that they may not get their due because 'phoren' is decidedly better.

I can relate to that, as I face the same thing in my industry as well.
I see that your profession is 'research'-being a graduate student myself, I couldn't agree more! We suffer from a bit too much of an inferiority complex.
OT things aside, lets hope this car is well finished. Not only in terms of interior trims, also in terms of mechanicals and electricals.
We were interested in the Aria, and during the test drive we found it to be quite a nice car for the price. However, the doors were misaligned and the AC vents were loose. The sales-guy said that "Tata cars mein yeh to hota hain=This happens in Tata cars". That was a big turn off.
I was very glad to see that the Zest and the Tiago were really well-finished. No visible rough edges-except a few panel gaps.
I really,really hope the Aria does well. There needs to be an alternative for people who want the space of the Innova and the road presence of a XUV. The Hexa is very imposing and in black, with good alloys, it would look smashing.
Let's hope for the best.
Thanks.
Nissan1180 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 23:37   #555
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalleo4 View Post
...Here Is, One of the TATA HEXA-Designer.. Sanjay Urikoth's- Blog

http://sanjayurikoth.blogspot.in/?view=snapshot...
Thanks for sharing. Was going through the article scanned and put up on the website and extracted below points & pics. All credits to the original owner. Some of these are already known & discussed.
  • First TATA to get a variable rate dampers to optimise low & high speed ride
  • 6-7 combinations of mood lighting
  • Hill descent & creep control
  • Four mode multi drive system which alters the performance & driving characteristics
  • Instrument cluster is a 3.5" TFT color screen (First in a TATA)
  • 10 speaker JBL system. The below pic is of a speaker mounted on the top of the dash in the front, we could expect a sub-woofer too I guess. (4 speakers + 4 tweeters on the doors + centre speaker + sub-woofer)
  • 6 airbags, ESP & TBD
  • The varicor 400 engine develops 234 Nm @ 1000 rpm, 400 Nm @ 1700-3000 rpm mated to a 6-speed gearbox (dubbed G6450 rated for a max 450 Nm)
  • TATA's (GM developed) 6 speed auto to debut in Hexa
  • The console can accommodate a 7" screen as well, may be for future upgrade
  • Will come on both 6 & 7 seat configurations
  • TATA approached European vendors of premium manufacturers to get the best seats (comfort). The Hexa middle "captain" seat comfort in the 6-seater variant is rated above (previous gen) Innova
  • The 3rd row seat has been moved further backward to release more knee room at the cost of luggage space in the boot
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-hexa_01.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-hexa_02.jpg

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 9th September 2016 at 23:46. Reason: Refined the post
swiftnfurious is online now   (18) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks