Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2016, 23:57   #556
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

I would be concerned about this. In my humble opinion, one of the reasons why XUV500 does not sell more than its current numbers is the lack of boot space. Does any one know the boot space capacity of the Hexa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
  • The 3rd row seat has been moved further backward to release more knee room at the cost of luggage space in the boot
Old 10th September 2016, 00:15   #557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I would be concerned about this. In my humble opinion, one of the reasons why XUV500 does not sell more than its current numbers is the lack of boot space. Does any one know the boot space capacity of the Hexa?
IIRC Aria had a 'healthy' amount of boot space with all its seat up. In fact that is why it is possible in the first place to move back the last row seats and release more leg space. If there is a sliding mechanism, then it won't be a problem.

Last edited by ashis89 : 10th September 2016 at 00:17. Reason: Correcting my post
Old 10th September 2016, 00:19   #558
MHG
BHPian

Quote:
But this might be the differentiator between a 5+2 seater like the Innova (and 95% of Indian 3-row cars) and a true 7 seater where the 3rd row is good enough for my XL sized legs.

As things stand, luggage space in most 5+2 seater cars is nowhere close to sufficient if the car is embarking fully loaded (6+ passengers) on an outstation trip and rooftop luggage boxes are almost mandatory. Pushing the 3rd row further behind to accommodate adults there at least makes the car a lot more versatile.
Old 10th September 2016, 00:20   #559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No official figures released yet, but you can be rest assured that it's as humongous as the Aria's (and much better than the XUV500).

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-20151012021557_h9.jpg
(Source)
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 04:21   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
(and much better than the XUV500).
The XUV500 has a boot?!

Just kidding. The last row of the Hexa would have been pushed a few cms to ease leg room. The last I checked the Aria, it had enough boot space to move house, when compared to the XUV. I doubt if that would have reduced by much.
discoverwild is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 10:15   #561
BHPian

Quote:
I guess it was picked from 1year (sep'15) old article, Which is older than what we saw in Expo. So we need to wait and see on what things changed after getting it displayed in Expo.
Old 10th September 2016, 10:27   #562
BHPian

Quote:
  • 6-7 combinations of mood lighting
  • Four mode multi drive system which alters the performance & driving characteristics
  • 10 speaker JBL system. The below pic is of a speaker mounted on the top of the dash in the front, we could expect a sub-woofer too I guess. (4 speakers + 4 tweeters on the doors + centre speaker + sub-woofer)
  • The 3rd row seat has been moved further backward to release more knee room at the cost of luggage space in the boot
Thanks, just went back to the initial coverage by GTO and pics by Viddy and they have posted clearer pics of the same.
GTO also mentioned that there are 8 mood lightings - 4 linked to the drive modes and an additional 4 customizable ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
No official figures released yet, but you can be rest assured that it's as humongous as the Aria's (and much better than the XUV500).
Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
The XUV500 has a boot?!
Absolutely, the XUV suffers from zero bootspace with all 3 rows up. Compared to that, the HEXA has a huge boot even with the last row up, so moving them back a few cms may not do much harm.

Pics have been picked up from the initial post from this very thread
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-9b.jpeg  

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-dsc04639.jpeg  

uday.ere is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 10:30   #563
BHPian

(Does JLR not qualify here?)

Yes that too . But please don't mix the tata brand for the jlr one. Things couldn't be farther.

Latheesh, the image comparison you put up shows shows more similarity than difference , even the alloys similar. And the front view shows even less different except for the cosmetics. An accessory job. We might have given kudos to an accessory wala as well. I think taking great efforts to talk and explain the design language will not convince prospective customers as much as the actual vehicle 'pull' will. Detailed uncompromising passionate action. No blog or articles will be required for that. Just a production ramp-up contingency plan, when the waiting list grows.

I hope I'm wrong in this case case and the product rings the cash registers.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th September 2016 at 15:53. Reason: pls > please.
Old 10th September 2016, 11:00   #564
Senior - BHPian

Courtesy article in Motoroids and pictures there-in the black Hexa looks so menacing and on the other hand the blue one looks so very elegant. Same car in two different colors can impress very different characters.

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-hexatuffexteriorblack-full.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-hexaexteriorrearview1024x576.jpg

Edit: Further pics and info can be read in this article ---> http://www.motoroids.com/upcoming-la...28Motoroids%29

Last edited by AutoIndian : 10th September 2016 at 11:06.
AutoIndian is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 13:12   #565
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I would be concerned about this. In my humble opinion, one of the reasons why XUV500 does not sell more than its current numbers is the lack of boot space...
Am not too sure the limited boot capacity is a problem for XUV. If you take any 7 seater, it's in the same ball park figure (Fortuner / previous Innova, Ertiga, Captiva etc). Aria had it better than rest of the 7 seaters though.

If one thing needs an improvement in XUV, that's a sliding middle row to liberate more room in the 3rd row, when required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHG View Post
But this might be the differentiator between a 5+2 seater like the Innova (and 95% of Indian 3-row cars) and a true 7 seater where the 3rd row is good enough for my XL sized legs...
What I read is, while the space is better, it's still not a comfortable place for tall adults for long journeys, as you sit with your knees pointing upwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
... If there is a sliding mechanism, then it won't be a problem.
A sliding 3rd row would definitely be great to have.

Quote:
...The last row of the Hexa would have been pushed a few cms to ease leg room...
The seat has been pushed back by 50 mm IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Beast View Post
I guess it was picked from 1year (sep'15) old article, Which is older than what we saw in Expo. So we need to wait and see on what things changed after getting it displayed in Expo.
Yes, it was - Sep 15 article. I doubt anything on this front has been changed as the vehicle in the report looked production ready. My assumption is they were testing the new Varicor 400 engine & gearboxes (both 6 speed manual & AT) extensively to ensure the mechanicals are sound. That's exactly where the Aria had issues (mechanical bits).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt View Post
...the image comparison you put up shows shows more similarity than difference , even the alloys similar. And the front view shows even less different except for the cosmetics. An accessory job.We might have given kudos to an accessory wala as well...
The Hexa has undergone a massive change, much more than any road side accessories guy can do. Almost all body panels are new, except for 2 or 3. Anyone who looks at the car to find the differences from Aria can make that out. For those who look to see the similarities with Aria, these changes may not be visible.

If you come across an accessories guy who can do such a job, please do list them at the t-bhp directory here. Am sure the Aria owners would like to get a transformation job done to make it the Hexa and you'll have their gratitude for a life time.

Quote:
.... I think taking great efforts to talk and explain the design language will not convince prospective customers as much as the actual vehicle 'pull' will. Detailed uncompromising passionate action....
TATA has 3 types of customers.

1. Loyal ones - they'll buy TATA mostly out of their love & respect for the brand. These guys buy the product with more of their heart than head. They easily forego some of the problems / niggles with the product.

2. New Customers - These guys never owned from TATA before but are willing to give it a shot, only if TATA provides a convincing product. They buy the product with more of their head than the heart. A whole lot of Tiago consumers fall here.

3. Never Customers - These guys will NEVER ever touch a TATA come what may! You try to drag them to the car or try to explain them for days / years, they'll always say "The first gen Indica is such a bad car. I have sat in one". These are the ones who have never seen the interior of a new gen TATA (last 5 years). Unfortunately, the 3rd set of customers form the biggest pie for TATA who'll never try to spend even a minute in their new cars to appreciate what TATA has achieved, neither will they let someone else willing to take a plunge.

Quote:
Apologise for the back to back posts , an error in the option selected ...
Please always "report a post" for immediate action (The white triangle under your Avatar).

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th September 2016 at 13:57. Reason: As requested. :)
swiftnfurious is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 14:17   #566
BHPian

(The Hexa has undergone a massive change, much more than any road side accessories guy can do. )

Well you ought to go through the last few pages of auto magazines to find that out what accessory shops can accessorise nowadays. But in the end, I agree, The hexa would be the cheapest route to achieving this.

Changing so many panels , if that is the case, and still ending up with something similar looking where you need to positively analyse the differences and pat yourself on the back for them is ..not smart, shall we say, to put it mildly.

Thank you for the guideline on the posting button.
Old 10th September 2016, 19:06   #567
BHPian

Quote:

The Hexa has undergone a massive change

3. Never Customers - neither will they let someone else willing to take a plunge.
Aptly Said. TM is working hard to woo the 1st & the 2nd category. The 3rd ones will have to have a change in mindset to be open to assess. TM for sure would not want to focus here, as their priorities are to get back to their loyal customers & work hard to create a delight for the new ones

Quote:
Well you ought to go through the last few pages of auto magazines to find that out what accessory shops can accessorise nowadays. But in the end, I agree, The hexa would be the cheapest route to achieving this.
If life was so simple, we would not have highly paid designers working in the sheet metal shops. It would always have been our friendly junkyard dudes on company's roles. With all respect, if you like the car - you look at it (we aren't even discussing buying), if you do not like it, give space for people who like it. We will need to respect each others space.
m3_07 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 07:29   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If pictures on the last few pages of magazines are where you find good jobs done, I'm afraid we have lost the plot on you. Tata, in this case.

Calling the Hexa a cheaply accessorized Aria is actually putting down a lot of people's efforts and a company's willingness to get beaten and yet try and bounce back.

Try buying a piece of metal and then try getting it bent in the shape you want to. After that's all done and the panel is exactly the way you want it to be, try adding a crease line to improve on your design. You might probably then understand what it takes. And that too, on a single piece. Imagine this panel is in production and you have already invested millions on its tooling. Think what adding a single crease line would need.

All of us can lay back and wish on or wish out a product right off the shelves with considerable ease as we have no attachment or input into it.

I design a particular panel for my business, a very small scale (deliberately keeping it vague). I started work on it 2009 and have been improving it with every iteration (production batch) to its current levels, where I could proudly say that my design is up there with some of the best in the world, in terms of output and looks. Sadly, our Indian mentality tends to look down on a localized product and choose a foreign one. I do have some faithful customers who believe in me and my offering. I still do what I've been doing all along. Provide the best I can at the most affordable (not cheap) price.

Excuse the long rant, but I guess Tata and I are in similar boats, if not the same.
discoverwild is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 08:00   #569
BHPian

Quote:

Calling the Hexa a cheaply accessorized Aria is actually putting down a lot of people's efforts ....

Excuse the long rant, but I guess Tata and I are in similar boats, if not the same.
It's an inane characteristic to highlight any short comings in anything; it's the way we are. We do this inadvertently and maybe even subconsciously.
I'm not an expert in human behavior but we just tend to make value judgements and most of the times stick with it - so I feel there are bound to some of us who will appreciate the efforts of people, some who wouldn't care and some who will be naysayers.
Does that mean we're wrong - it's a perspective thing!
I feel TML have done an excellent job at refreshing it's portfolio (are definitely moving in the right direction).

Good luck to them, I'm looking forward to the Hexa.

Cheers,
Aayush
aayushnair is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 08:58   #570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayushnair View Post
It's an inane characteristic to highlight any short comings in anything; it's the way we are. We do this inadvertently and maybe even subconsciously.
I'm not an expert in human behavior but we just tend to make value judgements and most of the times stick with it - so I feel there are bound to some of us who will appreciate the efforts of people, some who wouldn't care and some who will be naysayers.
Does that mean we're wrong - it's a perspective thing!
I feel TML have done an excellent job at refreshing it's portfolio (are definitely moving in the right direction).

Good luck to them, I'm looking forward to the Hexa.

Cheers,
Aayush
Exactly why I said this "All of us can lay back and wish on or wish out a product right off the shelves with considerable ease as we have no attachment or input into it."
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks