Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2016, 13:33   #796
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

This is what I posted in August

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I do not think Hexa is going to hit market in Sept/Oct. May be they will launch but start delivery by late 2016 or early 2017. But we can expect Kite Sedan in September.
Earlier plan was Kite5 sedan first and Hexa early next year. Let us wait and see what they are going to do!

Last edited by Latheesh : 10th October 2016 at 13:35.
Old 10th October 2016, 16:00   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Heard it from the horse's mouth - Mayank Pareek - on CNBC TV18. TATA Hexa launch will be in Jan-17...
I'm feeling very bad by this delay. And going thru this punishing wait, just to seek "a better product" with more value, makes me feel let down. Ofcourse, who cares about peoples aspirations.

Getting something when you want, is crucial. Lesson learnt, if something is not in the market, never wait more than a month or two based on rumors / spy pics / alleged insider "birdie" information. Toyota builds aspiration, and delivers. People who I considered less value driven, have been enjoying a trustworthy product from a competent company.
WorkingGuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 17:01   #798
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are my two cents.

Tata is taking THIS long to launch what is essentially a proper face-lift of a car launched in 2010, with an engine and gearbox that have already been in the market for an year now (granted, the AT is new). All this talk of "ironing out the remaining niggles" is plain stupid. We are at the stage where just about everything there is to know about the Hexa is already out in the open. All this delay does is show you the kind of confidence, or the lack of it, they have in their own product.

Not cool.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 17:13   #799
BHPian

TML is taking too long between showcasing production ready vehicles and actual production. People are losing interest in the product be it Hexa, Nexon or Kite 5. The competition is running away with sales and profits. Already it is a loss making company and with such delays will affect their image further.
Old 10th October 2016, 17:15   #800
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is what Mayank Pareek said to ET Now earlier today:

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-untitled.jpg
Old 10th October 2016, 17:20   #801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
I'm feeling very bad by this delay. And going thru this punishing wait, just to seek "a better product" with more value, makes me feel let down. Ofcourse, who cares about peoples aspirations.

Getting something when you want, is crucial. Lesson learnt, if something is not in the market, never wait more than a month or two based on rumors / spy pics / alleged insider "birdie" information. Toyota builds aspiration, and delivers. People who I considered less value driven, have been enjoying a trustworthy product from a competent company.
WorkingGuru - sorry to hear about your long wait but we should note that this "excitement" and "anticipation" of launch is to a large measure created by enthusiastic folks like us in these threads. I went through a similar phase in the run up to the Storme launch.

Be patient for another 2-3 months and you will be rewarded with a much better product at a better price than the company you mention above who has been "delivering"
Old 10th October 2016, 17:51   #802
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Be patient for another 2-3 months and you will be rewarded with a much better product at a better price than the company you mention above who has been "delivering"
Better product. Better price. Both are relative terms.

Unfortunately, the pace of TML is so lumbering that by the time they come out with their new and improved products, the competition is usually ready with an entirely new generation of cars. This story has been repeated so many times now. That "better product at a better price" becomes an also-ran by the time its is finally launched and is soon rendered irrelevant in the market.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 18:52   #803
Distinguished - BHPian

Hexa's prices revealed way ahead of launch?

Cartoq's sources claim an introductory Rs 17.49 lakhs price tag, ex-showroom Pune, for the top-end Hexa XT seven-seater manual gearbox equipped variant, which is slightly cheaper (around 35,000 rupees lesser) than the corresponding XUV500 W10 AWD variant.

Quote:
The top-end variant will have a 4×4 transfer case and the 6 speed G-85 manual transmission as standard. The top-end version of the Hexa will offer 6 airbags and ESP. Tata plans to position the Hexa as a spacious, more powerful alternate to the XUV500, a strategy not dissimilar to what it adopted with the Aria. However, the top-end Hexa will be a full lakh more expensive than the top-end Aria Prestige 4X4 model it replaces.

The automatic version of the Hexa, dubbed XTA, will be rear wheel driven. Initially, Tata won’t offer a four wheel drive transfer case on the automatic variant. The top-end Hexa XTA 4X2 will be priced about Rs. 5,000 cheaper than the 4X4 manual variant. Expect prices to start from 17.44 lakh rupees, ex-showroom Pune. In comparison, the Mahindra XUV500 W10 AT variant is priced at 17.76 lakh rupees.

Notably, the Hexa will be about 2 lakh rupees cheaper than the Toyota Innova Crysta, making it a value buy. As the prices reveal, the flagship Tata crossover will undercut both the XUV and Innova Crysta in terms of positioning.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 19:14   #804
BHPian

XUV 500 W10 M/T has got electric sunroof feature which alone is a 50k worth feature, IIRC Sun roof feature is not available in top end M/T 4x4 variant of Hexa.

Hence pricing just 35k below give no competitive advantage to Hexa.

Tata wake up. Do not make Aria pricing blunder to chase you like Ghost
harimakesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 19:42   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
XUV 500 W10 M/T has got electric sunroof feature which alone is a 50k worth feature, IIRC Sun roof feature is not available in top end M/T 4x4 variant of Hexa.

Hence pricing just 35k below give no competitive advantage to Hexa.

Tata wake up. Do not make Aria pricing blunder to chase you like Ghost
I would rather have the usable boot space and the generally better interiors over a sunroof any day!
esoticoreventon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 20:01   #806
Senior - BHPian

Bad delay, Tata needs to take the market seriously, else people will write them off. The success of Tiago wasn't just because of "Impact Design", it was 95.5% due to killer pricing for a car thats differently designed than a Tata Indica.

Although I understand Hexa could probably be a brilliant product, the company's attitude has been lax in terms of delivering what they've showcased 3 years back at the Geneva Motor show. I doubt if Tata Motors is capable of taking the Hexa brand to even 60% its true potential.

My suggestion is, incase they're planning a price similar to an established brand like XUV5OO, the after sales needs to be vouched for by the parent company. Include a 5 year / 2L km warranty & Gold AMC as standard. Let them deal with their service centers, good or bad. Well maintained cars will prevent this brand from being a depreciation disaster & help hold resale value 6-7yrs down the line.

Btw, Cartoq also says :
Quote:
...and the crossover’s launch will happen in the next few weeks. Tata showrooms around the country will soon begin pre-bookings.
I don't think they're well informed this time.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 10th October 2016 at 20:16.
GrammarNazi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 20:24   #807
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
The success of Tiago wasn't just because of "Impact Design", it was 95.5% due to killer pricing for a Tata car thats differently designed than an Indica.
And the quality of it too, if I may add. But this factor comes into play only once the prospective customer reaches the showroom. Its the price that made them drive upto the showroom to take a look at the car.

It's going to be the same for Hexa as well. If they price it out of the game, customers will not even shortlist it, no matter how brilliant it is over the competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Gold AMC as standard
I doubt anyone would consider buying the Hexa without one, given the issues Aria owners faced, and the TATA reputation or the lack of it. IIRC, 3 year 40k kms gold AMC for Aria costed 40k. Should be similar or more, for Hexa. Bringing the OTR value similar to the Mahindra, if the above Cartoq prices are to be believed.

I'm particularly worried about that complex adjustable suspension setup, and how it fares over Indian roads. TATA seem to be doing a lot of homework to get things right. But still safer to have an AMC contract.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 10th October 2016 at 20:28.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 20:48   #808
Distinguished - BHPian

Delay is bad, specially with Hexa. I have been thinking of a 7 seater, and finally closed in between XUV500 & Safari Storme. I had to drop the plan as i didnot see much value for 18 lakhs that the two cars demand. I did buy a kwid 1.0 but the itch of buying a 7 seater is still there.

I was waiting for Hexa launch so that I can wait for 6 months and see how ownership reports are. Then, may be by March or April 2017, I thought of biting the bullet. There are a lot of customers like me who dont want to risk being Guinea pigs.

But as things stand as of now, I think it may take June/July to know how good the hexa really is. And pricing it on par with XUV500 is a blunder in my opinion. Aria took the beating, now I pray Hexa doesnt follow.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 10th October 2016 at 20:51.
Old 10th October 2016, 20:55   #809
Senior - BHPian

True CrAzY dRiVeR, on quality. I stressed on Design because I read up in this thread that Mayank Pareek attributed Tiago's success mostly to this "Impact Design" concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
...I'm particularly worried about that complex adjustable suspension setup, and how it fares over Indian roads. TATA seem to be doing a lot of homework to get things right. But still safer to have an AMC contract.
You stole my words! A 5-Link suspension is a complex system, and to implement it commercially is a seriously tough task & TBH I don't think Tata is capable of managing its QC effectively, leave alone handling problems with it in the after sales.

They can't afford another goof-up like how the Dual-Mass Flywheel that cropped serious problems in the Aria. Eventually after customers went through hell, Tata had to cut a sorry figure & replace subsequent units with a Single Mass Flywheel. It is THE reason any informed person prefers TATA's extended warranty & AMC plans.

I generally say "Anyway, Lets See", but these aren't problems one can put off that way. For the sake of Tata's future continued existence & smooth functioning, the Hexa brand mustn't tank at any cost.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 10th October 2016 at 21:03.
GrammarNazi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 21:01   #810
Senior - BHPian

There's been so much of talk & heartburn over the new Hexa launch and price prospects.
The general takeaway from both camps (the pro and anti Tata) is that pricing will be the single biggest factor that will decide its fate and that it has to be priced sensibly - read substantially lower than the Crysta and lower than the XUV.
The question is what should be the possible launch price?
I wish there was some way a poll could be added to this thread (Mods ).
It would give interesting insights.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed