Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2016, 10:41   #1051
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

A friend said Tata Hexa will be like the Land Rover of the 15 -20 lac segment. It will have the looks, the capabilities, the desirability factor and ...the ofcourse the niggles and the reliability of a LR.
rrsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 10:44   #1052
Distinguished - BHPian

Some pics from Day 2 of the Media Drive, courtesy Twitterati:

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-cvf9il3vyaavari.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-cvggik4waaanrwo.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-cvf5fpoueaa417f.jpg

The Hexa with the "TUFF" bodykit. Pics courtesy Konark Tyagi:

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-cvgrg5exgaakr_.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-cvgsoviwiaavkzl.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 10:48   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The MUV side profile becomes more apparent with lighter colours. Darker shades fare much better.

Also, pardon my ignorance. Can see two adjustment levers for the second row seats. Is that for accessing the third row? Or does it mean that the second row gets lumbar support as well?
I was also wondering the same, but I guess the lumbar support knobs are on the inside of the seats, no?

If indeed it is adjustable lumbar support for the pilot seats, that would be great! But, I doubt it, it's most certainly the lever to tumble the seat for 3rd row access.

On a different note, the tail lamps and especially the rear turn indicators look awesome.
Old 19th October 2016, 10:52   #1054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
That ain't the point of the OP is my understanding. For a given budget & (in this context) Indian climatic condition, people would prefer to have a great system than a sunroof.

Secondly, installing after market system is one thing, but something well integrated & acoustically optimized is another.
I feel it will be difficult for an aftermarket installer to achieve the same level of perfection than a professionally designed sound system which is integrated right from the design stages of the car.

I have listened to the Tiago's sound system and was impressed. I wish the Hexa's one trumps that.
Old 19th October 2016, 10:53   #1055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Tata Hexa Bookings To Start In November; Deliveries In January 2017

Tata has finally begun the media drives for the Hexa and have revealed all the specification and the features. The bookings for the Hexa will open on 1 November, 2016 but the deliveries will only begin in January next year.
Exp. Price - ₹ 13 to 18 L expected.
Launch - January 2017...
No other company has given such a long lead time for competitors to react.

Quite unwise actually, if Toyota or Mahindra announce offers, those who've been on the fence, holding back from them could ditch TATA & choose the car brand they've been aspiring for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viraj_s85 View Post
...Any idea if HEXA has cornering headlights & Cooler Box (I am just trying to compare the features of XUV since I found these 2 things quite usable for long drives)

Tata sure has created a buzz with HEXA, The fact that on forum such as "Team-BHP" HEXA page has over 1000+ comments compare to New T-Fort says a lot...
No cornering head lamps, they cost a hefty bit & I don't think Tata has anticipated economies of scale like Mahindra did.

I guess team-bhp has more threads & posts on Tata than any other brand. Overall it seems many many members want Tata to succeed, and are a crowd readily waiting to amplify & cheer anything good that Tata does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igp_79 View Post
while we are on the list of missing features, another missing feature that the competition has, I think is the electrically adjustable seats. At least the expo display cars hadn't any. so feature wise, the Xuv 500 and the crysta have keyless go, power driver seats. and the xuv goes one up and has a sunroof too.
Toyota has a knee airbag too (7 airbags standard across variants IIRC * ). Both the brands seem to have focused abit more on the driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish5225 View Post
But both of them dont have the supposedly awesome sound system which hexa has! To me that makes more sense than a sunroof or a powered seat.
Good, but maybe that wasn't as big a priority. They'd have definitely done some user-research & learning from their buyers all these years.

My experience is that in a car with 4-5 or 6 people, atleast 2-3 people will have a completely different taste in music, and often it's those people who'll feel left out from the "traveling" experience if majority choose another genre.

Feature loading is one thing, there has to be a USP that customers find beneficial over the years. Like someone said that he considered cooler box was very useful, so over time, the car designed with such priorities in features is going to be appreciated more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
That is a visible misfit/uneven gap. Hope such things are fixed.
The front center speaker right? I felt the itch to post that too but thought it'd be considered as bickering .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
...Indian climatic condition, people would prefer to have a great system than a sunroof.
For Indian traffic conditions, people should prefer battle tanks. But they prefer something fancy.

Quote:
Secondly, installing after market system is one thing, but something well integrated & acoustically optimized is another.
True.

Quote:
Let me raise the question again, are MRF Wanderer 19" tyres available in market? I couldn't find any online. If no, are they being specifically developed for Hexa?
Not available. I've checked everywhere. Check with dealers who sell for BMW X5 or Porche Cayenne. A set of 5 rubber tyres would cost ~1.3L in the retail market.

NB : If anyone buys Hexa, please ensure your insurance covers the tyres & stay careful about sharp edged potholes. It's probably designed for low speed on "rough" roads, don't take it for granted & allow the car to pass small but sharp-edged potholes at higher speeds.

*Edit : Crysta base variant gets 3 airbags, not 7. Not 100% sure if the 3rd airbag is the driver knee airbag.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 19th October 2016 at 11:14.
WorkingGuru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 11:00   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Also, pardon my ignorance. Can see two adjustment levers for the second row seats. Is that for accessing the third row? Or does it mean that the second row gets lumbar support as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
I was also wondering the same, but I guess the lumbar support knobs are on the inside of the seats, no?

If indeed it is adjustable lumbar support for the pilot seats, that would be great! But, I doubt it, it's most certainly the lever to tumble the seat for 3rd row access.

On a different note, the tail lamps and especially the rear turn indicators look awesome.
Yes they are lumbar support knobs even the Aria pure LX comes with lumbar support for its middle row even though it being a bench seat!

Last edited by damodar : 19th October 2016 at 11:08.
damodar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 11:03   #1057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
The front center speaker right? I felt the itch to post that too but thought it'd be considered as bickering .
Yes. Somehow the image did not get attached.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 11:04   #1058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Toyota has a knee airbag too (7 airbags standard across variants IIRC). Both the brands seem to have focused abit more on the driver.
Crysta - Base variants get only 3 Airbags not 7.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 11:07   #1059
BHPian

Quote:
No cornering head lamps, they cost a hefty bit & I don't think Tata has anticipated economies of scale like Mahindra did.
I don't think the XUV's cornering headlamps too are anything complex or expensive. It is not a real cornering headlamp like the one in say a skoda superb which is motorised and where the beam actually moves according to the steering angle. But the one in XUV is just an offset bulb which turns on/off when you turn the steering. I think they call it "Static bending projectors".
anish5225 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 11:28   #1060
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think the XUV's cornering headlamps too are anything complex or expensive. It is not a real cornering headlamp like the one in say a skoda superb which is motorised and where the beam actually moves according to the steering angle. But the one in XUV is just an offset bulb which turns on/off when you turn the steering. I think they call it "Static bending projectors".
Yes infact many cars like our Skoda Laura and Yeti use the fog lamps as cornering lamps and don't have dedicated cornering lamps. They are quite effective and switch on when the steering is turned.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 11:49   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Not available. I've checked everywhere. Check with dealers who sell for BMW X5 or Porche Cayenne. A set of 5 rubber tyres would cost ~1.3L in the retail market.

NB : If anyone buys Hexa, please ensure your insurance covers the tyres & stay careful about sharp edged potholes. It's probably designed for low speed on "rough" roads, don't take it for granted & allow the car to pass small but sharp-edged potholes at higher speeds.

To be honest I do not believe the price of tyre should be of concern. Hexa uses 235/55 R19 which outside India costs about 140 pound (UK).Pricing should be in similar lines in India as well.
Old 19th October 2016, 12:12   #1062
Senior - BHPian

Request to anyone with good photoshop skills:

1) can you color the D pillar in body color.
2) Can you take a blue Hexa and give it a white/ silver roof

thanks
Srinivas
Old 19th October 2016, 12:35   #1063
Distinguished - BHPian

Sound system in the Hexa - locations of the speakers/tweeters/sub-woofer and amplifier inside the cabin.

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-untitled.jpg

A slow-motion video showing the Hexa rolling out of the venue in one smooth, sweeping motion:

https://twitter.com/TataMotors/statu...897728/video/1

RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 13:49   #1064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
A friend said Tata Hexa will be like the Land Rover of the 15 -20 lac segment.

It will have the looks, the capabilities, the desirability factor and ...the ofcourse the niggles and the reliability of a LR.
18-20 Lakhs!!!!

Personally to me the XUV or any SUV seems more desirable than the Hexa/Aria... somehow I just can't get out INNOVA out of my head when I see the Hexa/Aria.

Old 19th October 2016, 14:06   #1065
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I feel it will be difficult for an aftermarket installer to achieve the same level of perfection than a professionally designed sound system which is integrated right from the design stages of the car.
Depends on the budget. I would give a rough estimate of about 30k for the Hexa system, not considering the economies of scale they have. The level of perfection you speak about might be able to trump aftermarket systems done for 60k budget?

But above it, the equipment simply becomes a limiting factor. Visit any of the ICE threads and you know what the ICE community thinks of JBL. But yes, it is way better than the unbranded speakers other manufacturers provide for their cars.

Quote:
Feature loading is one thing, there has to be a USP that customers find beneficial over the years.
I'm wondering - after taking such a long preparation time for this launch, couldn't TATA come up with one major USP over the competition that gets the market talking?

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-cuy64pxgaaz40y.jpg

They say power packed, but the weight nullifies the power figures making it the lowest power to weight in the segment. 4*4 is welcome, but hardly would be talking point given 90% customers would never even do soft reading. 6 speed TC gearbox again is common and both Innova and XUV offer automatic variants already. The much hyped about drive modes do nothing much than alter the engine maps, and Innova also offers eco and power modes.

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-cuyp5mwiaacr7a.jpg

They say feature loaded, but again offer as per segment expectations only and also miss out any other niceties like sunroof, big touchscreen etc. ABS with EBD, 6 airbags, climate control, rear camera, parking sensors etc are all expected and won't raise eyebrows.

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-cuzliyvmaervfl.jpg

They say adrenaline pumped, but again no major highlights other than the Harman ICE. 19 inch wheels are only going to raise eyebrows thanks to the 1L plus replacement cost for tyres alone. Mood lighting, AT sports mode etc are expected, and no one would think twice about tail lamps as a major features.

As an underdog entry in the segment, and one launch that took so much of time to market - they should have had features that are totally new and gets the market talking. Something like what the Endy did to the well established Fortuner. Unfortunately, that's not the case here.

It's still a good product offering good quality over it's competition, but that won't get the sales counters ringing. Unless they price it much lower than the others and make the price its primary USP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Yes they are lumbar support knobs even the Aria pure LX comes with lumbar support for its middle row even though it being a bench seat!
That's a very welcome addition. Seriously considering this car if my parents join us in future. I don't think any other car offers such a nice backseat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
1) can you color the D pillar in body color.
TATA spend the last few years trying to mask that pillar in black to make the side profile different from Aria, and you want to unmask it.

Will give it a try in photoshop once I'm back home from office, if others haven't done it already by then.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 19th October 2016 at 14:08.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks