Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2016, 18:36   #1081
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
The quoted weight of 2280kg of Hexa is for the 4x4, the 2 wheel drive should be around 120kgs lighter i.e 2160kg. This is the difference between the two variants in the existing Aria. Hexa 4x4 seems to have gained 55kg when compared to Aria 4x4 model.
I noticed these figures buddy, but I sure hope the Hexa 4*2 is not 120kgs lighter than the 4*4. It is a known fact that TATA compromised the structural stability of the 4*4 version when the 4*2 came out, to make it cheaper, lighter and more fuel efficient. The same is documented in the opening statements of our official review as well.

I hope they don't repeat this mistake with the Hexa. Also remains to be seen how much the AT variant weighs.

Quote:
Now I have used the Aria PureLX model for 24000km in 18 months and I did not feel the lack of power anytime. The old Innova was better in the initial 0-40 run but after that the VGT turbo of the Aria simply runs away.
Old Innova was 105 PS.

New Innova is 148ps and 172ps
for the 2.4 and 2.8 AT variants respectively.

The comparison with old Innova doesn't stand relevant anymore, in terms of power. Moreover, Innova weighs 1805 kgs topping out at 1820 kgs for the 2.8 AT.

Quote:
I can say the USP of the HEXA will be it's ride quality and seating comfort. The Innova Crysta is the comparable model to the Hexa not the XUV. .
Hope so. But again, Crysta is a different animal compared to old Innova. As per Team Bhp review - "Highway stability is rock solid" for the Crysta.

Whatever USP is there for the Hexa in this department, I hope it's good enough to make people look away from the Crysta. Toyota has made a huge leap while TATA has delayed it just a bit too much after revealing their cards.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 19th October 2016 at 18:41.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 19:01   #1082
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Whatever USP is there for the Hexa in this department, I hope it's good enough to make people look away from the Crysta. Toyota has made a huge leap while TATA has delayed it just a bit too much after revealing their cards.
Totally agree. The hexa should have arrived before the Crysta. It had a huge advantage then compared to the old Innova.
But now, its too late to beat them on looks or features. Tatas will have to play the VFM card.
m8002? is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 19:16   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Totally agree. The hexa should have arrived before the Crysta. It had a huge advantage then compared to the old Innova.
But now, its too late to beat them on looks or features. Tatas will have to play the VFM card.
I am inclined to think otherwise. Just think about. Even if Hexa were to be announced before Crysta, with Crysta around the corner, people will wait anyway to see what it was like. Unfortunately for Tata, that's what the current situation is like. Just comparing with Crysta, they have to play VFM and they have plenty of room to do so.
prakash_ajp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 19:22   #1084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
I am inclined to think otherwise. Just think about. Even if Hexa were to be announced before Crysta, with Crysta around the corner, people will wait anyway to see what it was like. Unfortunately for Tata, that's what the current situation is like. Just comparing with Crysta, they have to play VFM and they have plenty of room to do so.
+1

No one knew at that time what the Crysta would cost. If Hexa would be priced in the range that is being speculated now, everyone would have given it a thumbs down. Now with Crysta moving up the price charts, it opens up a nice gap for the Hexa to fit itself in.

BTW, some mouthwatering pics from Overdrive. The last row seating however seems inadequate at first glance (do not know the height of the person in the pic).

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-11.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-2.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-3.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-4.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-5.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-6.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-7.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-8.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-9.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-10.jpg

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-12.jpg

Source: http://overdrive.in/news/image-gallery-tata-hexa/

Copyright respective owners.

Last edited by sachinayak : 19th October 2016 at 19:35.
sachinayak is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 19:23   #1085
BHPian

_
Quote:

Old Innova was 105 PS.

New Innova is 148ps and 172ps
for the 2.4 and 2.8 AT variants respectively.

The comparison with old Innova doesn't stand relevant anymore, in terms of power. Moreover, Innova weighs 1805 kgs topping out at 1820 kgs for the 2.8 AT.

Hope so. But again, Crysta is a different animal compared to old Innova. As per Team Bhp review - "Highway stability is rock solid" for the Crysta.

I mentioned the old Innova in the context of weight of the Hexa being seen as a negative. The 600kg heavier Aria compared to the 1600kg old innova was quicker and gave more mileage in similar scenarios.
That said there is no denying the power of the Innova Crysta but these vehicles can't be driven like a Duster/Creta. And I believe most of the Innova buyers would seek comfort rather than outright performance. The Hexa even if it's slower by couple of seconds but is more comfortable then it should have some cred in the market. But yes the price will be crucial in deciding the Hexa's fate.
I have read about a lot of premature break pad wear and insufficient braking in Crysta so don't know how well the owners will extract it's full potential.

Last edited by damodar : 19th October 2016 at 19:46.
damodar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 19:35   #1086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
So, that answers the question about chilled glove-box and nice to see it is illuminated too.
Old 19th October 2016, 19:39   #1087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Tatas will have to play the VFM card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Just comparing with Crysta, they have to play VFM and they have plenty of room to do so.
In fact one thing that will go for Tata this time around is market acceptance of Rs 13 - 18 lakhs for the MPV segment. This was the biggest struggle that Aria had to face when it was launched. It was competing head on with Innova which was launched at much lower prices. (Inflation aside). Add to that the reliability issues it had.

Hexa is an opportunity for Tata to stake their claim in the 15 lakhs bracket. I am tempted to look at this car even after disastrous experiences with couple of Arias. Yes there are creating a buzz in the market. . This is one handsome ride. How they will convert this to sales needs to be seen.

One Simple tool to get the tongues of the people wagging, Have a pan India rally with these 20 odd cars . It will be one hell of an advertisement. Tailgate mounted spare would have just changed the character of Hexa. Even now the back looks beautiful compared to the crysta

Off topic: Any Idea where the shoot is happening in Hyderabad. Some of those places look interesting for a day trip
indian21r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 19:45   #1088
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hexa even if it's slower by couple of seconds but is more comfortable then it should have some cred in the market. But yes the price will be crucial in deciding the Hexa's fate.
Agreed.

Quote:
I have read about a lot of premature break pad wear and insufficient braking in Crysta so don't know how well the owners will extract the full potential.
That's worrying info about the Crysta indeed, but braking is one department I'm worried about the Hexa as well. Because Aria had no dearth of horror stories when it came to braking.

Hope TATAs do a much tighter QC check this time around. As many others mentioned, even I would wait and watch how the initial batches fare in quality. Posts like below could become a serious blow to the confidence of prospective owners -

1. Aria brakes failed on Mumbai Pune expressway.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ownership.html

2. Aria stranded three times in the first year, once due to brake failure.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-accident.html

3. ABS sensor error multiple times in Aria.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...a-pride-4.html

4. Leaking brake fluid in Aria -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...report-12.html

5. Leaking brake lines in TATA Aria -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3371906

6. Aria brake fluid leak and ABS unit warranty replacement -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3371906

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 19th October 2016 at 19:47.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 19:49   #1089
Senior - BHPian

- Hexa is longer than Crysta by 47 mm, wider than Crysta by 73 mm, and height is more or less same
- Hexa has bigger alloy wheels and tyres
- Hexa has 10 speaker music system with subwoofer
- Hexa has beefier front and rear bumpers
- Hexa has full body cladding and wheel arch cladding
- Twin exhausts
- Mud flaps, rear hatch cladding, and roof rail

- Crysta has naked wheel wells for front and rear wheels
- Crysta - Thin sheet metals for body - which flexes by a pressing with your finger

All these contributes to weight! We need to check Crysta in detail to find other places where they "saved" cost!

Last edited by Latheesh : 19th October 2016 at 19:52.
Latheesh is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 19:54   #1090
Senior - BHPian

Why has Overdrive used a tall model for the 3rd row pic ? That Sirish fellow is short & he's usually the one they use to describe space.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...po-2016-12.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
...How they will convert this to sales needs to be seen...
Whatever the benefits of Innova over the Hexa in terms of weight, they're both quite definitely comparable products due to many other factors.

If the warranty offered is 4+2yrs or if prices are lower than indicated, then after the initial "enthusiast" / "loyalist" / "blind-faith" buyers, theres a massive possibility they'll catapult into the thousands territory & manage to stay there.

It simply boils down to how many cars Tata anticipates/wishes to sell. They know their business better than us. Lets just sit & drool over the pics
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 20:00   #1091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
If the warranty offered is 4+2yrs or if prices are lower than indicated, then after the initial "enthusiast" / "loyalist" / "blind-faith" buyers, theres a massive possibility they'll catapult into the thousands territory & manage to stay there.

It simply boils down to how many cars Tata anticipates/wishes to sell. They know their business better than us. Lets just sit & drool over the pics
Indian market is primarily a herd mentality market. Tata's need to create exceptional sales in the beginning to even think of taking the fight to Innova. Subsequently if the keep the cars running on the road with good A.S.S, it should surely hover in the 2k-3k bracket.

One more thing they need to get going is have atleast a couple of these at all the Taj Hotel properties. That is a massive advertisement again.

Ultimately it boils down to how reliable they are.
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 20:04   #1092
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
...The last row seating however seems inadequate at first glance (do not know the height of the person in the pic)...
The guy looks like a 6 footer to me. If that's case, the 3rd row will be very apt for most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Why has Overdrive used a tall model for the 3rd row pic ? That Sirish fellow is short & he's usually the one they use to describe space...
They may have to "request" Sirish to be seated now for the OD mag pics! He left OD long time back and is running 'Evo India' mag since. Bert is the lead reviewer for OD then on.
swiftnfurious is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 20:14   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed.

That's worrying info about the Crysta indeed, but braking is one department I'm worried about the Hexa as well. Because Aria had no dearth of horror stories when it came to braking.

[/url]
Most of these problems were in the pre 2012 models. After the failure of Aria, Tata started using the same underpinnings for the Storme. And except for the difference in wheelbase the suspension, gearbox and the 4 disc set up is the same in Aria and Storme. No braking related issues have been reported for the nearly 70-80000 Stormes on road since 2013, so there is no need to worry on that aspect.

Last edited by damodar : 19th October 2016 at 20:22.
damodar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 20:16   #1094
BHPian

Well I wish Tata all the best with Hexa!!!! I think they have a good product and wish they get the pricing spot on. There are a lot of us who would like to see them fail as I can see from the posts
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 20:17   #1095
BANNED

Tata can kill all these enthusiasm in just a moment - by pricing it exorbitantly high like the Creta and SCross 1.6 launches. Hope Tata won't resort to that policy for Hexa. Tata, Please... Price Hexa at rock-bottom levels, and create another Tiago story.

i. If priced attractively, Hexa can garner a lot of private buyers from Crysta by easily filling into the gap created by pushing the new Innova higher.
ii. In that case, only a low-priced Avanza will help Toyota to arrest the downfall in their total sales.
iii. There was a news earlier about a bigger MPV by Suzuki. If it comes, it will be a good competition between that vehicle and Hexa. My predictions.

Let me repeat: Price, price, and price is going to decide Hexa's fate.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 19th October 2016 at 20:24.
romeomidhun is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks