Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2016, 16:03   #1141
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanu@DJ View Post
Overdrive in their first look video comments have indicated...no sunroof on any models...
I think Sunroof is not a standard fitment, but an accessory that can be chosen to be added (at the dealer level most probably) later. This is a brilliant move from the price / logistics perspective since not many choose to have the version with Sunroof.

The piece not being added at the factory also means lesser ex showroom price and lesser OTR (though by not much). I only wish the customers had an option to get it done at the factory after purchasing it (like how Mahindra does customized cars) or this is done by SMEs at the dealer.
swiftnfurious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 16:08   #1142
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
This is a brilliant move from the price / logistics perspective since not many choose to have the version with Sunroof.
Getting the sunroof fixed at the dealer is a very risky proposition. When you cut the roof and install it aftermarket, it will never have a factory finish and would start developing rattles and leaks overtime.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 16:21   #1143
Senior - BHPian

Spec comparison between Hexa and Crysta by Overdrive on the below link:

http://overdrive.in/news/spec-compar...innova-crysta/

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-hexavscrystacomparetable.jpg
SnS_12 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 16:25   #1144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Getting the sunroof fixed at the dealer is a very risky proposition. When you cut the roof and install it aftermarket, it will never have a factory finish and would start developing rattles and leaks overtime.
Completely agree. And also, if the car's roof wasn't designed with a sun-roof, cutting open the roof to add this good-to-have feature might affect the vehicle's structural integrity, thereby risking safety !
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 16:30   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Completely agree. And also, if the car's roof wasn't designed with a sun-roof, cutting open the roof to add this good-to-have feature might affect the vehicle's structural integrity, thereby risking safety !
If I am not wrong, the models with Sunroof have better strength with regards to Roof crush scenario (toppling of vehicle). Primarily because compared to a normal roof, sunroof has it's mechanisms and cross-members which adds to stiffness.
Old 20th October 2016, 16:40   #1146
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's a technical-spec comparo between the 3 arch rivals of this segment:

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-specs.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 16:48   #1147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
If all goes well, I am sure Hexa can eat up the Xylo and Tavera markets to start with. Innova has a strong fan following so might take some time to crack that.
Innova/Crysta are positioned as Family MUVs for regular roads.

Hexa looks like it will handle multiple terrains, hence will be able to target Scorpio/XUV/Innova/Crysta prospects.

Xylo/Enjoy are people movers at a lower price point, preferred by travel agencies - will be hard for Hexa to tap this.

Last edited by gsurya : 20th October 2016 at 16:50.
Old 20th October 2016, 17:20   #1148
BHPian

Saw a camaglagged Hexa on Senapati Bapart Road-Law College Road area last night. I was driving parallel/behind it.
Its "big" but looks better than Innova from the side and back.

Once thing I noticed was the brake lights are super bright! I will be super irritated if I am behind a Hexa in a evening rush hour jam in monsoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Here's a technical-spec comparo between the 3 arch rivals of this segment:
Attachment 1568384
Hexa is 400kg heavier than XUV !! I hope it means thicker sheet metal.
Tata, please get yourself on a diet plan !!

Last edited by freedom : 20th October 2016 at 17:26.
Old 20th October 2016, 17:26   #1149
BHPian

That is quite a buzz hexa has created. Hope Tata does not blunder on pricing. Tata should have launched 4x4 AT as well. Can somebody confirm whether the steering has telescopic adjustment.
Old 20th October 2016, 19:36   #1150
Senior - BHPian

With all the Buzz around the Tata Hexa, This will get noticed just like it's Sibling 'Tiago', but that thing is dependent on the Price, Hope Tata prices it just like the Tiago.

One wish I would like to make is,

Tata, Please don't allow this car for Commercial Registration, that will ruin the Hexa brand completely. People don't want another competent car from you to be a Cab.
Old 20th October 2016, 19:45   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Tata, Please don't allow this car for Commercial Registration, that will ruin the Hexa brand completely. People don't want another competent car from you to be a Cab.
Why not? When their main competitors Innova / Crysta / Scorpio / Xylo / Enjoy all can be cabs? Even Aria is more popular in Leh-Ladakh because of its better high altitude performance.
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 20:17   #1152
BHPian

I don't know what is going in minds of folks at TATA. People are waiting for this product like anything. First time I am seeing bhpians so eager and anxious for a Tata product and yet TATA decides to delay the launch to January 2017.

I see this is a very good product barring the choice of tyre size (in terms of replacement cost). Darker shades make the vehicle look awesome. The black one is simply gangster stuff.

Even after a delayed launch in January I hope this doesn't turn like current Tiago situation. Please press the accelerator pedal TATA.
Old 20th October 2016, 20:48   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
I don't know what is going in minds of folks at TATA. People are waiting for this product like anything. First time I am seeing bhpians so eager and anxious for a Tata product and yet TATA decides to delay the launch to January 2017.
This may not be the car per-se. I think the support staff and dealership experience is what they may be working on. I have bought from concorde ages ago and it was ok. I dont think they have the overall feel and finesse of selling cars crossing 20L yet. This is what I believe they will be looking to fix. I think I had earlier used the NEXA for HEXA phrase
kvish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 21:40   #1154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
AFAIK 4x4 doesn't have Low Range, that is left for Safari Storme. (& I guess because this is an MUV that's primarily for Family & occasional friends/partners - situations where extreme off-roading capabilities are not needed).
This is where a 4x4 AT would have been beneficial. Almost all Torque Converters will have torque multiplification in the range of 1.5 to 2.5. A torque multiplication ratio of 2.5:1 will be similar to a low range transfer case.
Holyghost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 21:50   #1155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Seen an aftermarket Webasto sunroof fitted almost end to end on a friend's Terracan which had run about 1L kms. Had no issues or leakages whatsoever. And this was about 12 years back. Let's not jump the gun before we even know what's happening.

Last edited by discoverwild : 20th October 2016 at 21:57.
discoverwild is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed