Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2016, 22:26   #1156
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Seen an aftermarket Webasto sunroof fitted almost end to end on a friend's Terracan which had run about 1L kms. Had no issues or leakages whatsoever. And this was about 12 years back. Let's not jump the gun before we even know what's happening.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...ance-tips.html

Feel free to go through the article and various user experiences scattered over the forum. It's not "jumping the gun", but a general recommendation irrespective of brand.

Qouting from the article -

Quote:
In no uncertain terms: DON'T! A sunroof should be integrated into the structure of the car's roof panel, ideally at the factory level. Also, the seals of an after-market unit will never be that good. Cutting a roof in your car is a hit and miss job – one sneeze leads to many drops. Besides, an open after-market sliding roof is a drag aerodynamically as it slides over the roof. Remember, fitment is not reversible, unless you remove the roof panel and weld a new one on.
PS- Good for your friend that he got to enjoy a good fitment.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 22:33   #1157
Senior - BHPian

When I said 'let's not jump the gun', I meant that we haven't yet heard what Tata has to say in this matter. Everything is hearsay. We don't know if it's dealer fitment or company fitment. We know zilch so far.

So, let's not jump the gun.
discoverwild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 22:48   #1158
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
When I said 'let's not jump the gun', I meant that we haven't yet heard what Tata has to say in this matter. Everything is hearsay. We don't know if it's dealer fitment or company fitment. We know zilch so far.

So, let's not jump the gun.
99% of this thread is about discussing hearsay. Chill.

Anyways, this is not hearsay.

The discussion was triggerred by the Hexa displayed by TATA themselves with the 'TUFF' accessories. These are optional accessories that will be made available to costumers right from launch, and sunroof is one of those.

More details can be had here -

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/10/t...-images-245405

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 20th October 2016 at 22:52.
Old 20th October 2016, 23:01   #1159
Distinguished - BHPian

Exteriors of the Hexa "TUFF", shared in a live video by Bunny Punia of AutoBlog & Gaadi:

Closer look at the Hexa, including the interiors, again by Bunny Punia:

RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 23:50   #1160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
This may not be the car per-se. I think the support staff and dealership experience is what they may be working on. I have bought from concorde ages ago and it was ok. I dont think they have the overall feel and finesse of selling cars crossing 20L yet. This is what I believe they will be looking to fix. I think I had earlier used the NEXA for HEXA phrase
TATA has tasted a bit of success for Tiago, however let me tell you the dealership experience has not improved. I am saying this from my personal experience. Neither do I believe the situation will improve when Hexa is launched. Tata tried hard to change dealerships with Zest launch.

My post was directed towards the fact that people are interested in products but they are not available to them. Renault dealership experience is not that good but the presence of products like Duster and Kwid at the right time in showrooms gave them success.
Old 20th October 2016, 23:57   #1161
BHPian

Video from yesterday visit!

Last edited by bageherath : 21st October 2016 at 00:26.
bageherath is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 08:06   #1162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Hexa is 400kg heavier than XUV !! I hope it means thicker sheet metal.
Tata, please get yourself on a diet plan !!
A lot of that weight is down to the fact that, Hexa is a proper 'body on frame' UV and XUV is a monocoque.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 08:43   #1163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
Video from yesterday visit!
One thing I noticed in both the videos here is the huge panel gap with the fenders and the bonnet. Was the Bonnet open by any chance? If not, that is too big a gap to have.

Hope TATA presented the 7 seater version too during the Media Drive.

Last edited by nkrishnap : 21st October 2016 at 08:43. Reason: Removed the video links
Old 21st October 2016, 09:01   #1164
BHPian

What media embargo??? every one is dropping a subtle hint.

The more I see, the more i am getting confused. What is it that the Safari can do which the Hexa cannot do??? Only driving capabilities is what i am looking at. Not interested into the features & the build part of it. Help me with this.
Old 21st October 2016, 09:29   #1165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
One thing I noticed in both the videos here is the huge panel gap with the fenders and the bonnet. Was the Bonnet open by any chance? If not, that is too big a gap to have.
With clamshell bonnets, it is difficult to achieve tight panel gaps.

Tata Aria:

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-tataaria13.jpg

Honda BRV:

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-hondabrv07.jpg

Mercedes E Class (W212):

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-images.jpg

I guess manufacturers persist with this design because clamshell bonnets look cooler and gives a muscular appearance to the car.
SmartCat is online now   (22) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 09:29   #1166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
What media embargo??? every one is dropping a subtle hint.
This is what is called a striptease

Last edited by gsurya : 21st October 2016 at 09:37.
gsurya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 10:30   #1167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
TATA has tasted a bit of success for Tiago, however let me tell you the dealership experience has not improved. I am saying this from my personal experience. Neither do I believe the situation will improve when Hexa is launched. Tata tried hard to change dealerships with Zest launch.

I think all car manufacturers should just give dealerships to Bhpians. I'm sure that way it will be a lot better.

Be it Toyota or Mercedes, I'm never satisfied with their service. I give in the car for service and every time I get it back with all settings changed. The Air Con will be set to minimum, AC vents will be in all different directions, all seats will be fiddled with, music will be on full blast, fingerprints everywhere including the roof lining. Then they use a sick cloth and make everything sticky.

I mean they return the car in a much worse state than I gave it in. We (Dad and I) always used to complain, but now we've given up because the mechanics and service advisors are thick skinned and will never understand. They're so good at spoiling things that they even erased the seat memory in our LC200. Like who does that? Only complete morons do.

Very few dealers are actually passionate about running the dealership, others are just there to make some money and you can't even call them business men because they're that bad.
Shivjeet is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 11:17   #1168
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
A lot of that weight is down to the fact that, Hexa is a proper 'body on frame' UV and XUV is a monocoque.
Yes. This is proper body on frame construction. Will feels like an SUV and not like a sedan.
Old 21st October 2016, 11:26   #1169
BHPian

As per my understanding, embargo was imposed till today(21st October). So, why there aren't any reviews yet?
Old 21st October 2016, 11:34   #1170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya.bhat View Post
As per my understanding, embargo was imposed till today(21st October). So, why there aren't any reviews yet?
The Embargo is till 10 Pm today!
I think Autocar will be the first to air their Video Review of the Hexa at 10:30Pm on the ETnow channel. I do hope that the TBHP team will also be able to have their review out soon!

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks