Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2016, 21:37   #1636
Team-BHP Support

I got a call today from Tata company and was told they are expected to get TD vehicles around 1st week of December at a dealer designate near my location.
Old 16th November 2016, 09:00   #1637
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016

All the media reviews are posted at - http://hexa.tatamotors.com/reviews
m3_07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 18:37   #1638
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
TATA has not announced anything on the 4x4 auto variant at all. So take the news from SA with a pinch of salt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Went to Trivandrum Motors today with my buddy to enquire about the Hexa, especially about the 4x4 auto variant, since he very much wants it.

The SA said it would be only launched by 2018, but two TD vehicles (a manual and an auto) will be coming by the last week of November and they had deposited the money for the same.
A guy from Tata was interviewed in the Overdrive TV Review and he clearly mentioned that they have not put the Terrain Response Type of Feature in the Auto variant due to the Auto box complexities and the fact that it is designed to handle various situations automatically. He said that was not the case in the Manual and hence it was provided with this feature. (It almost seemed as if he was implying that the Manual would have been too barebones without it.

The above implies absence of 4X4 in the Auto variant. Though I would love to be wrong from TATA's point of view.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 08:06   #1639
BHPian

Spoke to the sales rep in Gurgaon again. The test drive will not happen in November for sure. Keenly looking forward to it.

Even 4x2 manual has a rough road setting but that would be only tweaks in the ESP and engine. Is that so? I am assuming this rough road setting in 4x4 calls on the torque on demand also.

Should I test drive safari storme varicor to get a feel of the engine?
Old 17th November 2016, 08:15   #1640
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
Not a bad idea since the engine and the gearbox have been carried over from it. However, I m not sure about the gear ratios.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 08:49   #1641
BHPian

Quote:

What if you end up falling up in love with the Safari?? Believe me, its gonna be a lot of fun & you, in my opinion will be able to judge this better once you drive the Hexa too.

For me, i am totally biased with the safari, for having been driving it for 8 years now. Heart says upgrade to safari 4x4 (every 1 in the family too is of the same opinion). However, mind says to wait for the Hexa TD.

Folks register yourselves for the Hexa experience at your City - http://hexa.tatamotors.com/hexaexperiencecentre

Last edited by m3_07 : 17th November 2016 at 08:54. Reason: typo
m3_07 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 09:36   #1642
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
What if you end up falling up in love with the Safari?? Believe me, its gonna be a lot of fun & you, in my opinion will be able to judge this
I can understand your bias over the safari. Being another diehard safari lover, I love the car for all it's positives, be it space, comfort, ruggedness or cruise-ability.

But to be honest, I don't think Safari can sway customers away from Hexa, keeping in account how hard Safari is, to live with, inside the city.
I am not referring to the size as hexa is longer. But the driving dynamics of Hexa has been reviewed and all reviewers were all praises for hexa that it did not feel like a big car at all. On the other hand, Safari clearly feels like one big car while driving, more so in urban limits.

Another important point is the ambience inside the car. Hexa is leaps and bounds ahead of any safari that is made today. I would rather feel plush and cozy after spending 16-17 lakhs, than feeling like being seated in a 2003 Safari with facelifted interiors.

IMHO Safari Varicor 400 and its 4x4 variants are over priced. I believe/hope Hexa's mid variants undercut that price, otherwise, I am just drooling at another Aria I wish i bought.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 17th November 2016 at 09:41.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 09:57   #1643
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Spoke to the sales rep in Gurgaon again. The test drive will not happen in November for sure. Keenly looking forward to it.

Even 4x2 manual has a rough road setting but that would be only tweaks in the ESP and engine. Is that so? I am assuming this rough road setting in 4x4 calls on the torque on demand also.

TD it to get a feel but don't treat it to be the actual performance. Hexa will be much better than the Storme. In fact, from what I hear, the Hexa will be better than the prototype vehicles given for the media drives. You can expect several of the negatives points identified during those drives, to be absent in the actual vehicles. Rectifying and improving those is taking time and hence, the delay in getting TD vehicles to the showrooms.

I hope Tata doesn't send those pre-production units as TD vehicles as it will create a negative impression for a potential customer. Remember, the initial lot Tiago TD vehicles had problems regarding AC and gear stick vibrations. They were eliminated to a great extent in the subsequent batches. But those who took the TD in the initial batch were disappointed. This shouldn't be repeated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The above implies absence of 4X4 in the Auto variant. Though I would love to be wrong from TATA's point of view.
From what I hear, the 4X4 Auto is very much on the cards and is being worked upon. They hope to introduce it in 4-6 months at max.

Last edited by ashis89 : 17th November 2016 at 10:00. Reason: Multi-quoting another reply
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 11:29   #1644
BHPian

Got a call from Concorde motors in Pune. When I asked for a TD, I was told that this will start only in middle of December. While personally, I am okay with this, what I fail to understand is why does Tata give a date (November in this case) and then not meet it. They could have said December in the first place. This is what starts creating doubts in people's mind. When I asked whether the deliveries are still targeted to start in Jan, I was told yes. They will start delivering in January. But looking at the delay to get the TD vehicles, I have my doubts whether the deliveries will start in January.
Old 17th November 2016, 11:50   #1645
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
All the media reviews are posted at - http://hexa.tatamotors.com/reviews
Team-BHP's special preview is there as well!

Click on "Read More" to come to this very thread, directly to Viddy's concise, crisp first drive report on Page 80 (Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016)!

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-untitled2.jpg

Quote:
Folks register yourselves for the Hexa experience at your City - http://hexa.tatamotors.com/hexaexperiencecentre
Dates & venues:

25th - 27th Nov 2016 = NCR
23rd - 25th Dec 2016 = Bangalore
6th - 8th Jan 2017 = Chennai
20th - 22nd Jan 2017 = Hyderabad

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-untitled.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 17th November 2016 at 12:01.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 12:00   #1646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
While personally, I am okay with this, what I fail to understand is why does Tata give a date (November in this case) and then not meet it. They could have said December in the first place. This is what starts creating doubts in people's mind. When I asked whether the deliveries are still targeted to start in Jan, I was told yes. They will start delivering in January. But looking at the delay to get the TD vehicles, I have my doubts whether the deliveries will start in January.
I agree with your consent but a manufacturer needs to be very careful when it sends it's vehicles to customers, and especially with a company, which is trying very hard to improve the customer's perception about their products.

Secondly, even if it be demo or TD vehicle, their Service staff should be very much ready to handle any kind of abuse a customer does to the vehicle, especially TD vehicles and not to mention in record time than usual.

To avoid such niggles and take care that potential customers don't walk away disappointed from the Dealership, these delays are expected.

Coming to deliveries, the time gap between a media event and launch is to built inventory to be ready for demand of customers and also to remove any important niggles highlighted by media reviewers.

Last edited by Sudeep_Kimster : 17th November 2016 at 12:02.
Sudeep_Kimster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 12:04   #1647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Dates & venues:

25th - 27th Nov 2016 = NCR
23rd - 25th Dec 2016 = Bangalore
6th - 8th Jan 2017 = Chennai
20th - 22nd Jan 2017 = Hyderabad
Surprised and disappointed to see nothing for Mumbai/Pune :(

By any chance, is this just the first set and other cities to be set up later?
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 12:07   #1648
BHPian

Hey guys any update as to the launch of the TUFF edition of the hexa. It doesn't look like it will be launched at the initial stages may be 6-8 months down the line after the January launch. That black colored set up looks mean like a FBI or SHIELD car.
Old 17th November 2016, 16:22   #1649
BHPian

Just booked a car yesterday - Concorde Mumbai sent their guy over for the discussion etc. to my office (nice touch which I liked. Don't have the time to traipse all over town when I can't even see the vehicle). The 11K is - as everyone's pointed out - refundable.

The sales guy came in with not just collateral but also the training manual (weird, but I got decent info from it). TD will be started in Dec Week 1 / 2 is what he's said. He told me I was booking #120 or so for Concorde in Mumbai, but who knows? Anyway, deliveries will start in around Jan Week 2 and I'm frankly not too fussed given how long we've already waited. Further, I heard from my consulting colleagues (doing TML projects) several times over the year that while the car has been ready for ages, the time taken has been to ensure a bullet-proof end product. That's something I can abide by.

They'd all told me (most of them have had multiple TDs internally over the last several months), the AT is what should be gone for and all the reviewers have agreed too, which is why I opted for the XTA. It's 2WD, but I think I can live with that, since the last time I went off-roading was...well, apart from driving on the roads of Mumbai, never. Also, I've been all over Ladakh in a 2WD Xylo so I don't really think I'll have any major issues.

Pricing is interesting, as the sales guy indicated ~INR 17L for the XTA (Mumbai Ex-Works). At that price, it's a winner (possibly), but I'm not taking his word for it just yet, since TML have clearly not made it official.

The training manual had a bucket-load of information and was very detailed including spec comparisons against the XUV500 and the Crysta. They've clearly gone to town in trying to train the sales guys on how to take on the direct competition.

All in all, looking forward to the TD and will hopefully not decide to recoup the 11K booking amount.
imidnightmare is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 17:44   #1650
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Folks register yourselves for the Hexa experience at your City - http://hexa.tatamotors.com/hexaexperiencecentre
I LOVE the last point - adopting a pet. Brownie points for the one who gave this idea. Just hope TATA sponsors a good health check for the strays too, before handing them over to the new parents!

What are the chances of a TD if one gate crashes on the D-day? I once gave my number to the TATA SA after Nano TD and the number was just wasted after that with all stupid calls coming in!

And the registration doesn't allow without a number either!
swiftnfurious is online now   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed