Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2016, 15:58   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2016

Thanks a ton Vid6639 and GTO for the super quick review and details on the new offerings from Tata. Awesome pictures says it all.

Well done TATA on the fabulous job with NEXON and HEXA and Bolt Sport looks awesome in the new avatar (with the body kit on).I wish them lots of luck with these beauties and may these new age cars bring lots of volumes to them.

A question though, I did not notice any specific pics of Tata Safari Storme. I hope the beast is on display in a avatar like last time (Safari Ladakh Edition).

Cheers!
Old 4th February 2016, 16:04   #17
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
Thanks a ton Vid6639 and GTO for the super quick review and details on the new offerings from Tata. Awesome pictures says it all.

Well done TATA on the fabulous job with NEXON and HEXA and Bolt Sport looks awesome in the new avatar (with the body kit on).I wish them lots of luck with these beauties and may these new age cars bring lots of volumes to them.

A question though, I did not notice any specific pics of Tata Safari Storme. I hope the beast is on display in a avatar like last time (Safari Ladakh Edition).

Cheers!
they have some highly wacky version on display this time for safari storme.
Old 4th February 2016, 16:10   #18
BHPian

I love the way the Nexon looks. I would not change anything in the actual model. I have seen worse on our roads (some Mahindra and Maruti models come to mind)!
Old 4th February 2016, 16:11   #19
BHPian

This news came in as a shocker to me

Tata motors to start a new sports division
Quote:
The basic idea is to in some years build a brand similar to the M or AMG division that solely look at enhancing stock cars into performance monsters. However the plan is sound and Tata Motors wants to execute it in a phased manner growing slowly as the product range also increases to provide a canvas on which to paint their aspirations
Source:http://overdrive.in/news/2016-auto-e...orts-division/

I hope they know what they are doing.
Old 4th February 2016, 17:01   #20
BHPian

Looks like TATA is finally going to turn the tide in their favour. It's after a long time that people are excited to see the offerings of TATA. But they need to convert this good hype/response to reality in showrooms and roads. With ZICA going to get delayed, they need to advance HEXA/NEXON but not sure if they are well equipped to do that.
Before anything of this, can they please start restructuring their marketing team? That is the need of the hour else these vehicles are also going to go the same way Bolt/Zest is going which is really sad!!

Is there any roadmap for Kite 5 in 2016? Did not find news regarding that.
Old 4th February 2016, 17:03   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Kite 5 sedan looks awesome. Still if I were to select between kite 5 & zest, i will go with Zest because of better rear space and engine. The Nexon looks good . I believe that the production version will be even more modified based on the feedback they receive during the auto expo.
I would have loved The body of Kite S with the existing Zest Engine.
Or say if Zest had been launched with the body of Kite S - it would have been really smoking. I say this being an owner of Zest.
Roadilicious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 17:04   #22
BHPian

Apparently TATA motors had the largest stall at the event and their stall was designed by Wizcraft

Good effort. It shows. Definitely a stylish stall.
But, for once, it's not just an empty vessel.
They have some serious fire power in their arsenal here !

NEXON is said to be production ready!
I think I am going to plonk myself at the start of the queue if this is what they are going to sell!
Definitely better than the Brezza. (safe to assume they will be matched in terms of pricing?)
Also read somewhere that those white bits are customizable? Like some of the bits with the Zica.
Where is Tata going with this?
This can be a hit - because they everyone has a 'unique' car (sort of) - different from the one next door. A bit of subtle mods? - Personalised to make you stand out from the other.
Interesting indeed!
Won't it shoot up costs for the parent company?
Or if it's everything at the dealer level - then again they have will have a tough time because all their dealers are not upto mark.
Definitely liking Nexon.

HEXA
FINALLY! - 6 airbags, cruise control and so tech being shared from LR.
Makes me want to stop waiting for the next version of the Safari and go for this right away!
Looks lovely in the black 'TUFF' avatar too.
Somehow I am still in love with the Safari Ladakh Edition - if only some of these bits could make it over to the Safari in it's next iteration.
Pricing seriously will be critical for the Hexa.

Kite 5
Call it whatever you want - definitely one of the best looking CS out there.
SMOOTH. Like GTO said, can notice some Jag bits in there.
ANd it's offering so much MORE than the Zica! (or whatever it will be called now).
Absolutely in LOVE with Kite 5.
I would rather pay 50k more and go for that over the Zica (if the Bolt & Zest pricing is any indication)

Let's hope they launch soon. & hope they get their A.S.S. sorted at all levels pronto! It's great sometimes, some places and sometimes it's just frustrating.

Marketing definitely needs a shot in the arm.
They sponsored an entire show 'Zica from Tata Motors' presents .......
& all you saw were 4 glimpses of the Zica in the commercials, more commercials of Made of Great and Nano GenX!
& to make matters worse KUV100 ads followed suit in the same show.
Someone should have done a slightly tighter job of marketing there!

Nevertheless, great going by TATA.
This is a fantastic line up and good to see concepts finally becoming production cars.
A nice diverse portfolio (without worrying about cannibalization) will definitely make a strong point for itself.
& who cares about the 'Taxi' tag.
Yesterday from my window - I notice (at a popular pick up point) - 11 black & yellow taxis in a queue - 8 Hyundai Santro, 3 Hyundai i10.
& in the same span - 3 new (White) Hyundai Xcent with yellow plates (probably Uber).

So... where is TATA a 'taxi' anymore?
& how come no one really minds buying Hyudai still.

All the best TATA.
Made of Great... indeed.

Last edited by Dr.Suraj : 4th February 2016 at 17:12. Reason: Formatting
Dr.Suraj is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 17:17   #23
BHPian

Wow, Tata is on a roll and how!?

Awesome stall they have going there and exciting products lined up. I just hope this wave of new launches and excitement turns the tide in their favor. Tata has really gone ahead and put some hard honest effort into the passenger car market in the recent times and they deserve to get more credit for that.
Those smoked alloys on the Bolt Sport is easily one of the best I've seen in a long time. It's just drool-stuff.
Old 4th February 2016, 17:39   #24

Guys,

I think it is certain that the BOLT sport will be launched with a Sports/Racing oriented division from TML. Reports in the internet says the same as well (may be rumored).
Notice the logo on the steering wheel :

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2016-sportyperformancehatchdashboard.jpg
Roadilicious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 17:45   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_safari View Post
The 1.5L diesel metione on TATA's auto expo website, where did it come from? Is it a Peugot engine or self developed ? Any idea about it guys ?
I believe it is the in house built Revotorq engine family. Essentially 4-cylinder version of the diesel engine (3 cylinder one) on the Zica.
Old 4th February 2016, 19:11   #26
BHPian

Is this the TATA ZICA based Aktiv Crossover ??

Source:

http://overdrive.in/news/2016-auto-e...er-on-display/

---

Came across this article while surfing, no idea if its the real deal or a rumor !

TATA Motors to Spin off a new Sports Division

Source:

http://overdrive.in/news/2016-auto-e...orts-division/
[b]
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2016-zica.jpeg  

Last edited by noopster : 5th February 2016 at 15:42. Reason: Posts merged
TheStranger is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 19:23   #27
BHPian

They've been organizing Truck racing for some time, so hope that experience helps them enter a bigger field.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T1_Pri...g_Championship
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visran View Post
This news came in as a shocker to me
Tata motors to start a new sports division
Source:http://overdrive.in/news/2016-auto-e...orts-division/
I hope they know what they are doing.
Old 4th February 2016, 20:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

Unbelievably good styling on the Zica sedan. Really proud to see an Indian company getting its act together and making something that is truly world class.
Old 4th February 2016, 20:42   #29
BHPian

Proud is a word a lot of folks have used when describing what TATA have shown at the Expo. But when people have to shell out the money, pride is the last or no there is the PDI checklist.
They have got the buzz but need to work as a team. And the dealers are a part of it.

I would one day want to tell my grand-kids one day how Nexon changed TMC forever. Hope that happens. The automobile has the potential

Last edited by shivasi : 4th February 2016 at 20:44. Reason: language
shivasi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 20:49   #30
BHPian

That's a good range of products on display from TATA - very good job.

They have covered almost all the hottest segments in the market right now - Zica (hatch), Bolt Sport (hot hatch), Nexon (Compact SUV), Kite 5 (Compact Sedan), Hexa (MUV/SUV).

Nexon might pose serious threat to Vitara Brezza if released in the version shown in the pic and if TATA market it properly.

Hexa, if price right, could be a serious contender to the new Innova Crysta - that looks fabulous.

But I don't share the same sentiment with Kite 5 where market is moving away from CS and when they already have Zest which is struggling. Instead they could promote Zest aggressively which is already a good product.

Hope they are able to convert all these hoopla into sales now - this is where they are lacking, may be they have to hire a good marketing team.

Most Viewed