Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2016, 00:39   #16
BHPian

Re: Honda @ Auto Expo 2016

A half-hearted attempt by Honda with BRV.
Does not look much different from mobilio Rs. They should worked on the interiors of mobilio and lowered the price, might have worked.
If they plan to take on the creta/duster/tuv/vitara brezza with this offering, they definitely are over confident. Indian consumers have matured, they know what quality is, which seems to be missing from BRV.
Also, why use the older steering wheel from honda city/civic/jazz?
Aksthedreamer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 01:18   #17
BHPian

I wonder why Honda even bothered to show up at the Auto show? The BR-V's interiors look like they are competing with the Datsun Go+ and the Honda Accord with a 2.4 L Petrol Engine will have a small market. They just picked the rest of the cars from the closest showroom and put them here. What's the point?
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 09:56   #18
BHPian

Truly madly deeply disappointing. Few expectations i had from their stall:
1. CRV Diesel
2. BrV - maybe more on the engine and drivetrain
3. Hybrids from Honda
4. Vezel

on a lighter note - personally loved their stall for one thing - no girls standing around. if you see suzuki, toyota etc photos there is an unnecessary lady standing with her hands clasped. have always wondered why does anyone need them
Old 5th February 2016, 10:13   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

The new accord looks good. But whats with the alloy wheel design, be it the BR V or the accord, looks too after market. Accord back on same means, a worthy competitor for the Camry.
Old 5th February 2016, 11:06   #20
BHPian

Do we know if it's a 2.4L petrol? I read elsewhere its a 2.0 hybrid unit putting out 189 bhp. I'm reading conflicting reports about engine configuration in the Accord.

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th February 2016 at 16:02. Reason: As per PM. Thanks!
Old 5th February 2016, 12:30   #21
BHPian

I am sold on the BRV for sure. Even with cheap looking interiors, I am used to my Innova's interior, which aren't any better looking either( 2010 model). Neither are my A4's interior's posh in anyways.
I sit behind and I look outside whilst in transit, so the interiors don't matter to me to a larger extent.

To the people comparing it with Creta, Brezza, Duster, etc let me give you my point of view. I will choose the BRV, because it is a 7 seater. The other are 5 seaters. That in my opinion is the only selling point of BRV. And in pictures atleast, it looks better than the Mobilio/Ertiga, so why not?

I will be the first in line to put my money on the auto Petrol BRV, since I am tired of my gas guzzling Diesel Innova.
riteshritesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 12:55   #22
Senior - BHPian

TO say that I am disappointed is an understatement. Shows lack of seriousness and commitment to the Indian market (or is it complacency?)
- No Jazz RS
- No facelift for Brio or Amaze
- No hybrids or turbo-petrols on display
- No Vezel
- No disel CRV
- No Civic
- Poor interiors of the BR-V (when will they dump the Brio platform?? )
Only saving grace is the new Accord which looks good and hopefully will come with a hybrid.
When the competition is coming out all guns blazing, such a lackluster show from Honda. Look at the stalls form Maruti/Tata/Hyundai/Mahindra etc etc.I wonder why they participated.
Old 5th February 2016, 15:07   #23
BHPian

Honestly, I'm really disappointed with Honda. The Auto Expo is where you're supposed to put your best foot forward, and this is how they present themselves.

The interior quality of the BR-V is another disappointment. Looking at the pictures, it looks comparable to the Duster, and not the Creta. But I'm pretty sure the production model will be better. Also, it'll surely get beige interiors and not the current black theme.

But if they don't, I really hope that the BR-V fails, and Honda learns their lesson.

The Amaze needs it's mid life facelift, and the Brio/Mobilio (which collectively sell less than 1k units a month) should be phased out IMO. The Mobilio being phased out may also improve the BR-V's prospects.

The only saving grace is the Accord which looks really good. Since the diesel is not going to be launched, I hope the hybrid and V6 make it, along with the 2.4 petrol.
Old 5th February 2016, 17:10   #24
BHPian

Was eagerly waiting for Amaze facelift.. dissapointed :(
Old 5th February 2016, 17:23   #25
BHPian

The only things that looked remotely what you'd call Honda like were the Jazz concept which looked like a proper tintop racing concept and that mad RC213V based thing (don't know whether to call it a car or a 4 wheeled bike).

The BRV somehow looks a bit like a slightly taller and better looking Mobilio.

And as for the MP4 - 30 the less said the better.

I mean I'm a Formula 1 fan and a McLaren fan (More of a McLaren Mercedes fan to be honest) but that car was such a disappointment that I wouldn't be wrong in saying that fans are as sick of it as Alonso and Button were.
Old 5th February 2016, 23:16   #26
BHPian

Utterly disappointed with Honda India for this dismal show. Is this the same company that gave us the New Accord in 2004 and the 8th gen Civic in 2006? With no diesel option they killed two iconic products in India and watched as competitors gobbled up their market share in these segments. And a decade letter this is what they come up with at the Auto expo

I am sure a lot of people were expecting the 2016 Civic which regenerates the brand excitement. I for one am very very unhappy as this probably means that we should not expect the new Civic anytime soon.
Old 6th February 2016, 10:53   #27
Senior - BHPian

Yes. Add me to the "Disappointed" list. Where is Civic? After the Lancer became Unicorn (extinct and imaginary) my next option was Civic. The new Civic is just the right recipe for me. So sad. No other car in that price bracket matches Lancer/ Civic. Sigh.!
Old 6th February 2016, 14:57   #28
BHPian

Well, Honda has one best selling product - the City. With BRV, they have the chance to have two; if they price it competitively. The front end has lot of character, the three rows of seating and excellent boot space definitely differentiates. Amaze and Brio look too compromised in my opinion. Honda has been known for sporty (at least in looks) fun to drive products. I sincerely hope they replace the Amaze and Brio to get them up there. Also they need to do something with the Jazz to make it sportier - better engines with a proper 6/7 speed auto gear box (not the CVT) - who would n't love that hot hatch with paddle shifts?
Old 6th February 2016, 17:51   #29

To be fair to Honda, I think one of the reasons why they are pushing too hard for new products could be their production constraints. Their capacity is around 2.5 lakh cars per year. A new facility is in the offing, which may increase it to 3.0 lakh per year. With a sales of around 17-18 K cars per month, they are just about near their capacity. Honestly, they can't have too many best sellers in their stable.
naphill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 21:10   #30
BHPian

The BRV seems to be a great option if the Petrol version comes below 10 lacs on the road. When do you guys think the complete pricing details and bookings for the BRV start? Looking for a car for my father in law, and he is completely sold on it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed