Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2016, 07:26   #31
BHPian

Re: Honda @ Auto Expo 2016

I thought Vitara Brazza was a good launch but BRV looks much better. Yes it is not as funky looking at the Maruti and yes the side shot makes the car look like and MPV rather then a SUV but yes the car has not got premium interiors but it has a Honda engine, 2 extra seats, Honda reliability. If they price this one right I am sure this is gonna be a hit.
Old 7th February 2016, 07:34   #32
Senior - BHPian

I wonder why Honda is even bothering to showcase cars like Brio, Amaze & City in their standard Avatar at a Auto Expo. People get to see such cars regularly on the road. Nothing but fillers, maybe the space could have been utilized for better things like the new Civic etc.
Old 7th February 2016, 11:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

I wanted to get the new Innova but am afraid it will be priced beyond my budget. The fixed middle seat of the Lodgy makes it a no for me. I don't like Hyundais and the Creta at best is a 5 seater. S-Cross looks too dated for a 10L+ car and is only 5 seats. So I am truly interested in the BR-V as a premium 5 seater than can double up as an occasional 7 seater with decent looks, having good fuel efficiency and Honda reliability.
Old 7th February 2016, 11:52   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargavd View Post
The BRV seems to be a great option if the Petrol version comes below 10 lacs on the road. When do you guys think the complete pricing details and bookings for the BRV start? Looking for a car for my father in law, and he is completely sold on it.
Mobilio V petrol costs 9.31L ex-showroom Pune, while V(O) costs 10L ex-showroom. Considering the BRV offers more equipment, better interiors and a more differentiated front end as compared to the Mobilio - I suppose we can safely assume it would cost atleast a lakh more than the Mobilio.
Old 7th February 2016, 15:55   #35
BHPian

A lame show by Honda this time. Really disappointed with the BRV. Honda tried pulling a fast one by using the cheap Brio platform, for Mobilio, and still haven't learnt a lesson and trying it again with BRV. Result is a very ugly car. Cant decide if its a MUV or a SUV - totally confused exterior. The side view looks ridiculous and whats with that 'broken' window line! Only saving grace is the 7 seater thing. And they'll price this thing at a premium for sure.
Old 7th February 2016, 16:24   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
So I am truly interested in the BR-V as a premium 5 seater than can double up as an occasional 7 seater with decent looks, having good fuel efficiency and Honda reliability.
If the display car was indeed the production version, "premium" is not a word I would associate with it - not by a long shot. The interiors are very dull, and some components like the roof lining and the sunshade flaps are alto-quality.
Eddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 18:03   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
If the display car was indeed the production version, "premium" is not a word I would associate with it - not by a long shot. The interiors are very dull, and some components like the roof lining and the sunshade flaps are alto-quality.
Are they even cheaper than Duster interiors? I have seen a Duster from inside and I just could not believe they were charging this kind of money for such interiors.
Old 7th February 2016, 19:54   #38
BHPian

Well, I am supposed to visit the Auto show tomorrow, yet, looking at the photos of Honda cars in this thread.The only one that seems to catch my attention is the Honda Accord.

Having driven one --Honda Accord 2007 AT-- extensively , the new one looks sumptuous . I sincerely wish that they offer the new one with at least the rev-happy 2.4 L clubbed with conventional AT which seems to reside in the Honda Accords that have been sold in India. I fear, anything less than 2.4 L and/or CVT plonked to it!, and I would not even look at it.

Additionally, I wish they do something about the braking of the Accord,it was never confidence inspiring --and the ABS would take away whatever confidence you had with the braking.
Old 7th February 2016, 23:14   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Are they even cheaper than Duster interiors? I have seen a Duster from inside and I just could not believe they were charging this kind of money for such interiors.
Not that bad, slightly better but far from premium.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 12:45   #40
Senior - BHPian

Seems like Honda came to the Auto Expo just for the sake of representation. Really did not have anything new to offer not even body kitted current offerings!

On the BRV front, doesn't it look like a stretched Mobilio especially with the raked rear door glass etc. Not inspiring at all and looks very much MPVish than a SUV.

The other global offerings such as Accord are neat and understated.
Old 9th February 2016, 13:23   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
On the BRV front, doesn't it look like a stretched Mobilio especially with the raked rear door glass etc. Not inspiring at all and looks very much MPVish than a SUV.

The other global offerings such as Accord are neat and understated.
Same thoughts here. On first look, I thought it indeed was Mobilio. With this interior quality, I don't think it will challenge Creta. Only advantage it has is the 7 seats whereas the competition offers only 5 seats, but what will be the fate of Mobilio.

The least they could have done is bring some different colors of their existing line-up. Amaze seriously needs a facelift, that interior is the worst in the segment which lead me to reject during my car purchase.

But with City selling like hot cakes and occupying almost 50% of their production capacity, I don't think they will change unless they planned to spruce up their production capacity.
Old 19th February 2016, 18:27   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda BR-V to launch on March 3, 2016

The BR-V will come with a seven-seat layout; expected to use tweaked versions of Honda’s existing 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...16-399161.aspx
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 18:52   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda BR-V to launch on March 3, 2016
So, Honda is launching it before the launch of Suzuki Brezza and will they be able to garner some sales from the people who are looking at Brezza?

I know that both are in different segments, but there surely would some overlapping in price between the lower variants of BR-V and the higher variants of Brezza.
Old 19th February 2016, 19:13   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Link seems to be taken off. Any news on auto transmission variants?
Old 17th March 2016, 11:01   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishhm74 View Post
Link seems to be taken off. Any news on auto transmission variants?
Yes as it was actually the Amaze facelift launch.

Honda to launch the BR-V on 1st May.

http://motoroctane.com/news/19022-ho...-in-early-2016

Last edited by volkman10 : 17th March 2016 at 11:03.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed