Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2016, 23:13   #166
BHPian

Re: Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Congratulations!! Enjoy the drive. Waiting for more pictures. White looks really cool, love this alloys better than the lower version.
My review is up. Happy to answer queries and would love to hear feedback on the review as well

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4016810
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 01:05   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Many congratulations for the xLine xDrive sir ji. Looks lovely !

Which dealership did you get the car from? BMW Lucknow, BMW Kolkata or BMW Ranchi? If it is from BMW Ranchi, then would like to know the sales experience as the dealership is new in Ranchi at the moment.
Thanks sir ji I took all other BMWs from Navnit Motors, Mumbai but took this from Ranchi. A friend who used to work in Kolkata earlier had shifted to Ranchi I took it from him. As per the showroom experience let me point out there's no showroom as of now and they just have a couple of cars displayed in a covered area in Radisson Hotel's entrance where sales person will attend you if you have any queries. Coming to my sale experience it was super smooth. I booked it on 18th June and got it delivered on 24th right on time of my grandparents anniversary. Still awaiting the final reg from them apart from that everything went super smooth
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 16:54   #168
BHPian

Would you suggest doing a under-body protection from 3M for a brand new X1? Will it make the corrosion protection warranty from BMW void?

On similar lines, any paint protection suggestions? Is it worth doing car detailing using 3M, Crystal Serum, Ceramic Pro etc?
Old 25th August 2016, 18:11   #169
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Would you suggest doing a under-body protection from 3M for a brand new X1?
Why will you need this? I don't think this will be necessary. However, if you are particular about car paint, do check for clear 3M wrap. I have seen more number of people opting for these of late, probably some new tape as referred by fellow member - Sahil

3M has a new PPF Pro film releasing shortly, am waiting for it to arrive and have it fitted on both bumpers, mirrors and side skirts.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4039808
Old 26th August 2016, 11:58   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Would you suggest doing a under-body protection from 3M for a brand new X1?
Not required as it is already well protected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Will it make the corrosion protection warranty from BMW void?

On similar lines, any paint protection suggestions? Is it worth doing car detailing using 3M, Crystal Serum, Ceramic Pro etc?
Go for PPF on bonnet and front bumpers but wait till the new film is available at outlets. Totally, worth it unless you have a white car as it will pale with time and show up on white background.
Old 12th September 2016, 15:44   #171
Senior - BHPian

I have booked mine in Mediterranean Blue with Beige interior. This will be my 7th car and the only one getting registered in my name. The new Elantra launch delayed my decision because that looks like a sexy sedan with every feature one wants. But I never had an SUV till date and always wished for a change. Wishing my decision is not regretted later !

As the blue/beige is not in the stockyard, they have promised that it would get into production line on 14th September, reach Bangalore by 18th and be ready for delivery max by 22nd. Its a first hand experience for me to hear from any manufacturer that my car is produced, registered and delivered all within 10 days !!!!! I wish if I had some spare time to go to Chennai and see it in real. Hopefully for the next Bimmer

100s of hours of reading reviews, watching videos and understanding of Ecosport to Evoque officially comes to an end here
shajufx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 19:38   #172
BHPian

Quote:
But I never had an SUV till date and always wished for a change. Wishing my decision is not regretted later !

As the blue/beige is not in the stockyard, they have promised that it would get into production line on 14th September, reach Bangalore by 18th and be ready for delivery max by 22nd. Its a first hand experience for me to hear from any manufacturer that my car is produced, registered and delivered all within 10 days !!!!! I wish if I had some spare time to go to Chennai and see it in real. Hopefully for the next Bimmer

100s of hours of reading reviews, watching videos and understanding of Ecosport to Evoque officially comes to an end here

Congrats Shaju. I am sure you will not regret the decision. I too had a similar experience of having my car being manufactured and going to be delivered in 10 days. Feels like you are getting a freshly baked cake 😀.
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 19:54   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Congrats Shaju. I am sure you will not regret the decision. I too had a similar experience of having my car being manufactured and going to be delivered in 10 days. Feels like you are getting a freshly baked cake
Thanks Brother, you are always there to guide, I was inspired for the Msport but did not want to stretch my old wallet ! Banks do not have Diesel loans
Old 12th September 2016, 20:54   #174
BHPian

Quote:
I have booked mine in Mediterranean Blue with Beige interior. This will be my 7th car and the only one getting registered in my name. The new Elantra launch delayed my decision because that looks like a sexy sedan with every feature one wants. But I never had an SUV till date and always wished for a change. Wishing my decision is not regretted later !

Congrats Shaju! I went through a similar research process and finally decided on X1. Will be taking delivery of my X1 sdrive xline on Wednesday. Which variant did you go for ?
Old 12th September 2016, 21:24   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

3M has a new PPF Pro film releasing shortly, am waiting for it to arrive and have it fitted on both bumpers, mirrors and side skirts.
Got it fitted last week. Can't visibly see any difference but they claim it has one extra layer. It costs the same too 500rs per sq.ft.
Old 12th September 2016, 22:29   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohittater View Post
Congrats Shaju! I went through a similar research process and finally decided on X1. Will be taking delivery of my X1 sdrive xline on Wednesday. Which variant did you go for ?
Thank you and congrats to you too. I am not a fan of sun roof and banks do not recognize me as an earning citizen, so opted for Expedition. I have told the dealer to valuate my kidney and invoice the balance. Hope they dont dissappoint me

Please let me know what freebies you got. That's our Indian mind, we will ask for free items even while buying a Bentley, although items may not be worth 100 rupees
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 00:39   #177
Senior - BHPian

I heard that only the M Sport version comes with leather seats and all other variants have Art Leather. Is this true. The pricing of the base variant is quite attractive. The new X1 looks like a proper SUV now.
Old 7th October 2016, 06:10   #178
Team-BHP Support

My experience of their art leather is that it's pretty rubbish. Also not easy to change because of airbags etc. So pls take a considered call before picking any variant with art leather. It may not be something you can change easily later.
Old 7th October 2016, 14:00   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
My experience of their art leather is that it's pretty rubbish. Also not easy to change because of airbags etc. So pls take a considered call before picking any variant with art leather. It may not be something you can change easily later.
True but if you want leather seats then you're forced to also take:
- M Sport kit inside and outside
- Paddleshifters
- Bigger iDrive screen
- Sunroof
- Different alloys
- 4WD
and a few other things you may not really want.
Old 7th October 2016, 14:34   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
My experience of their art leather is that it's pretty rubbish. Also not easy to change because of airbags etc..
I find it OK. Not that bad as it sounds
Are there airbags in the seats? I am not sure. You may not find the leather provided in the msport also that great. Global choices are absent here. My idea was to go for premium quality stanley or similar after the stock leather gets faded. BMW should provide customization options for all such things in India as they do globally.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks