Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2016, 02:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Saw on TV that the rear seat can slide front and back just like front seats, cool feature.
Just saw on brochure too, its mechanical shift with 130 mm range.

Last edited by carwatcher : 6th February 2016 at 02:10.
Old 6th February 2016, 06:15   #17
BHPian

Re: Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Have they increased the trunk space compared to the old model or is it the same?
Old 6th February 2016, 09:21   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsank78 View Post
Have they increased the trunk space compared to the old model or is it the same?
I reckon it is bigger. It's quite big for a SUV of that size/league. Would be good to compare the boot space with larger rivals like the Fortuner to see the real difference. Finds might be surprising as the bigger SUV's have the last row seat as a hiderance when folded for boot space. My hunch is the space might be nearly at par as the x1 has no obstructions in the boot besides the parcel tray that can easily be removed
Old 6th February 2016, 10:15   #19
BHPian

Sweet! Finally BMW does justice to this car. X1 (current gen) wasn't up to par. X3 was a far better car. Now this is close to X3. This might give a tough competition to Q3 even though I feel it is a bit high priced.

The front profile for M Sport looks awesome. Looks good in blue.
Old 6th February 2016, 12:58   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

My GOD that X1 is desirable

Never had i been that attracted to a X model (other than the X6) like now i am to the X1 M Sport.

Pat on the back to BMW for keeping it feature packed

Last edited by karan561 : 6th February 2016 at 13:00.
Old 6th February 2016, 13:14   #21
BHPian

I have been researching on a new luxury car and din't even think of the X1 at all, infact I had no idea it was launching on the 4th. However looking at what they have done, I have followed every bit about the car and right now am convinced this could be my next car. The car looks really great, infact the best in the X series and the interiors have been lifted by a notch. Q3 is in for a rough time with this. Mercedes must be feeling stupid to have a 134 hp diesel unit in the GLA compared to a 188 on this one.

I'd hoped that the AWD would have been cheaper by 2 lakhs or so however.
I might just wait a bit for some discounts to come up on the car. But the adjustable rear seats is a sweet thing to have in this segment (small SUV).
Old 6th February 2016, 13:44   #22
BHPian

I think the front wheel drive and the transverse mounted engine has made the car look much more proportional than the previous model. The previous X1 had too much of an exaggerated hood length for my liking. Pricing is way too expensive though. With localization and all, why cant they make it more value for money?
MinivanDriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 14:56   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I reckon it is bigger. It's quite big for a SUV of that size/league. Would be good to compare the boot space with larger rivals like the Fortuner to see the real difference. Finds might be surprising as the bigger SUV's have the last row seat as a hiderance when folded for boot space. My hunch is the space might be nearly at par as the x1 has no obstructions in the boot besides the parcel tray that can easily be removed
Thanks. Do you think 2 kids can fit in the trunk for short distance? I have been searching for a 7 seater for long, but not liking anything. If 2 ten year olds can fit easily in trunk for city driving, I can eye this one.
Ehsank78 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 15:31   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Did anyone notice BMW has got rid of the cool joystick and is back to the old school gear lever! Wonder why?
The x1 in India had an uglier looking gear lever before this. I never saw a joystick on an x1
Old 6th February 2016, 17:24   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Do you think 2 kids can fit in the trunk for short distance? I have been searching for a 7 seater for long, but not liking anything. If 2 ten year olds can fit easily in trunk for city driving, I can eye this one.
It's really unsafe to do that. I am not sure if they will fit or not, regardless you shouldn't keep such a thing as an option. Even for a short distance, it's not worth it,you never know what could happen.
Sahil is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 18:46   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
2 kids can be stuffed in into the 3 series trunk quite easily too. It may be a bit difficult to talk to them though, while they're in there

On a more serious note, there may be a 7 seater X1 coming later in the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandher View Post
The x1 in India had an uglier looking gear lever before this. I never saw a joystick on an x1
X1 facelift which was upgraded to the 8 speed transmission had the joystick.

The gearlever is one thing I don't like about the new X1.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 18:51   #27
BHPian

Wow!. The base variant is well equipped with LED headlights, idrive, memory seats etc etc. And its got a mouth watering price tag of 29.9L! The same price as the 118d!!

Did BMW get the pricing of the 118d soo wrong? Or did they get pricing of the X1 soo right? Must be a bit of both!
Can't imagine why anyone would want the 118d when the x1, which is better in every department, is available at the same price!! And please don't say RWD, FWD..blah blah blah!! NOTHING, Absolutely nothing justifies this pricing overlap!!
Old 6th February 2016, 18:58   #28
BHPian

TBH, the car looks much much better than the car it replaces. The old gen X1 was a tad bit too crossover-ish for me. Now, this one cakes as a game changer. It's got the better looks than the Q3 and much better equipped. The GLA doesn't even come into competition here. Kudos to BMW for making such an amazing car.
Old 6th February 2016, 20:29   #29
BHPian

I saw the new X1 at the auto expo. The car is a major improvement over the previous generation. It has a lot of standard features which are missing in the Audi Q3 , namely 1) Front powered seats for both sides( Q3 gets it only in Premium Plus), LED headlamps in all models, Engine Start/Stop button, Rear Centre armrest. And also included is 3D navigation. They could not confirm which company is providing the database for the maps.

They also said that they shall be launching a petrol model shortly. They could not confirm the engine details for the petrol model. What I found really useful was that they had given a donut tyre , and a proper wheel well for the tyre, making the boot space fully usable.

In the diesel format, I think the X1 is a clear winner.
Old 6th February 2016, 21:12   #30
BHPian

Can someone please tell me which one is better, the 8 speed ZF or this new Aisin 8 speed? I have always heard positive about the ZF and I think it is one of the few BMWs to skip the ZF.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks