Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2018, 20:07   #331
BHPian

Re: Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prathiiik View Post
1) You have received a deal of around 2 lakhs from the original OTR. Try bargaining for more, until 40 lakhs or so.

2) You are making the right decision by choosing the X1 over the Tiguan. In my opinion, the X1 is a far better looking car than the Tiguan, is more powerful and the latter also has a very stiff ride quality on the 18 inch rims.

I'd say, go in for the X1!
It took us weeks of negotiations to get him at this price. Are you sure he'll even come down to 40lacs? Because the X1 saw an increase of 90k already in it's ex-showroom price in 2018.
Old 23rd February 2018, 20:41   #332
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

I feel the between the X1 sLine, Endeavour, Fortuner, Kodiaq, Tiguan, GLA & Q3.

I would select:
1) Endeavour or Kodiaq
2) X1sLine or GLA (Feel that though the New GLA is due, if one is just going for the sLine variant it is comparable to the GLA) If going for M-Sport variant than one is talking about a different slab money wise and yes that is a better vehicle but then again close the 5 Series so..
3) Fortuner only for reliability and resale value. It is too bouncy and does not feel premium like the Endeavour. It though does look better in the rear than the Fortuner. The Front and Interiors are another matter though.
4) Q3 is a good vehicle but a bit more cramped in the rear though they have thankfully added the rear armrest.
5) Tiguan is tooo boring. Nothing to excite the heart.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 21:37   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
It took us weeks of negotiations to get him at this price. Are you sure he'll even come down to 40lacs? Because the X1 saw an increase of 90k already in it's ex-showroom price in 2018.

Completely sure! Anyways, trying causes no harm, try getting it down to 40 lakhs. There is scope for further discount.
Old 23rd February 2018, 22:54   #334
BHPian

Quote:
I got a message that 2017 X1 sdrive 20d xline has 5 lakhs discount down in the south with zero negotiation. I am sure that one can stretch it to 6-7 lakhs easily when bargained hard. Based on this info, 2 lakhs for 2018 version sounds a little low. Please negotiate as hard as possible as you aren't going to lose anything and it is pretty usual to bargain while purchasing luxury cars. Also, I am not sure if you will be able to get a 2018 car before April. You should make sure that you don't end up with a 2017 car at a higher price.
Old 23rd February 2018, 23:43   #335
BHPian

Quote:
For the 2018 variant, even the Xline variants get a reverse camera, bigger iDrive (from Msport), and navigation. The things we'll be missing are the M styling and Xdrive. So the Xline makes more sense for me because the kind of driving we'll be doing with it even the Xdrive model will be front wheel driven for us.

But glad to hear that you're having a good experience with the X1 and those RFTs. How are the costs of paid services till now? (because you said you didn't go for BSI)

Got the 1st service done in July 2017 and the overall cost for the service was Rs 16.6K. So if your running is not more than10K kms per annum, you could delay the purchase of your BSI. I will get it before my 2nd service becomes due.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 3rd April 2018 at 13:21. Reason: Trimming quoted post for improved readability
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 00:18   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
I got a message that 2017 X1 sdrive 20d xline has 5 lakhs discount down in the south with zero negotiation. I am sure that one can stretch it to 6-7 lakhs easily when bargained hard. Based on this info, 2 lakhs for 2018 version sounds a little low. Please negotiate as hard as possible as you aren't going to lose anything and it is pretty usual to bargain while purchasing luxury cars. Also, I am not sure if you will be able to get a 2018 car before April. You should make sure that you don't end up with a 2017 car at a higher price.
The original on-road price quoted to us was 46.6L and after 2 weeks of negotiations we came down to 41.5L. I think the best thing for us to do right now is to wait and let them contact us with a better deal. Apart from this, he also offered us 2017 variants at huge discounts (like a Mediterranean Blue XLine at 37lacs on road) but somehow we didn’t go for it because it was just one car with all the dealers in Delhi NCR combined and something didn’t feel right when we had a look at it. It just didn’t feel “new”.

There are no 2018 variants available with the any dealer specially in the colour we asked for which is Platinum Silver (because I feel Blue and White X1s do have presence but are becoming a bit common. Moreover Platinum Silver is easy to maintain). The car is in production at the BMW plant and the dealer said that he can get that for us atleast 10days after booking. Sadly we couldn’t get Mocha interiors or even full black. Full black interiors can only be specced with White and Mediterranean Blue. So we’re stuck with black and beige.
Old 24th February 2018, 10:13   #337
BHPian

I've got the similar deals from both Deutsche Motoren and Libra Autohuas. Have anyone dealt with either of them? Both are close enough for me but now that I've read so much about these high end brands, the dealer too plays an important part post-sale.
Old 24th February 2018, 11:15   #338
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I've got the similar deals from both Deutsche Motoren and Libra Autohuas.
You can connect to Bird as well, they are most aggressive of the lot and again, just negotiate on Ex-works. Take your own insurance and maybe use them for RTO but deal later on when you are done with the deal. Just don't keep any expectations at the time of delivery though
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 13:00   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Friends, whoever had reported a metal clanking noise from the boot earlier, is it resolved ?
Today I got some time to do a complete check on my own. I removed everything from the boot including the top and bottom planks. Made my boy sit in the boot, driving around my society trying to figure out the source of the clanking. Finally we nailed the issue to the boot door. There is an adjustment screw on the tail lights portion which is covered by the hood when closed. Did some fine tuning turning it around, now the noise is muted almost 80%. It comes mild at very bad patches, I think it can be completely cleared at the next service. I feel relieved to find the source of the noise. None of the international forums mention boot door as the culprit. Now things are easier to sort out.

Quote:
For the 2018 variant, even the Xline variants get a reverse camera, bigger iDrive (from Msport), and navigation.
I don't miss the reverse camera at all, because the reverse sensors are so good, I feel more secure with the sensors than the camera.

Quote:
The original on-road price quoted to us was 46.6L and after 2 weeks of negotiations we came down to 41.5L..
Thats already a clean 5 lakh difference I wish if they offered at least half of that at the time of my purchase in 2016.

Naman, don't go for any other brand or make, close your eyes and get the X1 whatever variant you feel happy, its a wise choice. Engine specs are same for all variants. I have taken mine to places where roads don't exist, over speed breakers that are without any shape not touching the bottom anywhere. Its a beautiful car by any standards !
shajufx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2018, 23:41   #340
BHPian

Update:-
Now the final deal offered to us is Rs. 40.5L for 2018 Xline Sdrive 20d Platinum Silver. APart from that extended warranty at Rs. 1.4L for additional 3 years. That means warranty will be now for 5 years. Didn't go for BSI since our running will be quite low.
Note that the utility kit is not included in that 40.5L. The whole kit was for 44.5k but we hand picked what we need. Things included were-
1. Floor Mats (got it)
2. Mud guards (got it)
3. Projector on the front doors to project a BMW logo on the ground when the door is opened, a gimmick to be honest. (Didn't opt for it)
4. Cleaning kit (I like to choose my own products from different brands for cleaning so didn't opt for it)
and one more thing I'm forgetting.

Bonus - I convinced the dealer to throw in a BMW leather key case and an original Austin Yellow BMW M4 1/18 scale diecast model as a "welcoming present".

So all-in-all I think we have pretty good deal now and I guess we will go ahead with it.
namanchaudhary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 09:05   #341
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now the final deal offered to us is Rs. 40.5L for 2018 Xline Sdrive 20d
Is this going to be a company registered in Delhi? Do you have an ex-showroom price? I was checking something for my colleague and found some very tempting offers on both 2018 and some of 2017 leftovers ( 2or 3 cars only).

Last edited by Turbanator : 26th February 2018 at 09:07.
Old 26th February 2018, 10:18   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Is this going to be a company registered in Delhi? Do you have an ex-showroom price? I was checking something for my colleague and found some very tempting offers on both 2018 and some of 2017 leftovers ( 2or 3 cars only).
It is going to be on individual name registered in Delhi. Ex-showroom quoted to us is 34.85L. The dealer said he won't be able to give any further discounts on cheque amount but then we suggested that we'll pay cash for the extended warranty and utility kit and he will extend the further discounts there. (close to 1L as discount)
Even we got mouth watering offers on the 2017 variants but as I said just one Mediterranean Blue with the dealer and as we inspected it, something didn't feel right about that car. There was an offer on 2018 White demo vehicle too. But since it will be our first BMW we went with the brand new one.
With people getting below average post sales service from Deutsche Motoren, we are going for Libra Autohuas and will keep this thread updated regarding my experience.

Last edited by namanchaudhary : 26th February 2018 at 10:19.
Old 26th February 2018, 11:32   #343
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Even we got mouth watering offers on the 2017 variants but as I said just one Mediterranean Blue
Yes, blue was the colour in demand last year and looks nice also. I believe the difference is on idrive on 17/18 Models or anything else?

Last edited by Turbanator : 26th February 2018 at 11:46.
Old 26th February 2018, 17:53   #344
BHPian

Quote:
The whole kit was for 44.5k but we hand picked what we need. Things included were-
1. Floor Mats (got it)

Bonus - I convinced the dealer to throw in a BMW leather key case and an original Austin Yellow BMW M4 1/18 scale diecast model as a "welcoming present".

So all-in-all I think we have pretty good deal now and I guess we will go ahead with it.
The dealer did not agree to give you the mats and key case as freebies?
You can also ask them to provide you the BMW coat hangar.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 3rd April 2018 at 13:22. Reason: Trimming quoted post for improved readability
Old 26th February 2018, 17:59   #345
BHPian

Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Now the final deal offered to us is Rs. 40.5L for 2018 Xline Sdrive 20d Platinum Silver.

Congrats!! Excellent deal you have got there!!

I suggest you opt for the Projector Logo, it is not just a gimmick, it aids vision during ingress and egress in the dark.

Last edited by Prathiiik : 26th February 2018 at 18:08.
Prathiiik is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks