Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2019, 00:56   #451
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
This is something I noticed when my X1 was driven in the rain for around 2 hrs. There is some sort of condensation on the headlights and tail lights. I did some research and found that if the condensation goes away shortly then it's normal.
As you have rightly said, check the car tomorrow morning and see if the condensation persists.

Warm climate and all of a sudden rain happens, air inside head lights and tail lamps are bound to have condensation.

Though I have seen this happening in head lights and fog lamps; 1st time seeing in tail lamps.
Old 27th February 2019, 13:41   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
As you have rightly said, check the car tomorrow morning and see if the condensation persists.

Warm climate and all of a sudden rain happens, air inside head lights and tail lamps are bound to have condensation.

Though I have seen this happening in head lights and fog lamps; 1st time seeing in tail lamps.
Well it disappeared within a 2-3hours only. But the reason I got worried was if the drive would've gone beyond 2hrs. Is there a possibility of seeing that condensation taking a liquid form?
I feel like a nerd asking this is but it is quite inevitable right?
Old 27th February 2019, 20:14   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Insurance is up for 2nd year renewal for X1. Need some help to figure out best VFM option. Kindly help.

As per the quotes received from Dealer; ICICI Lombard have tie up directly with BMW India for pan India cashless facility.

Option 1: ICICI Lombard
Comprehensive + Zero Dep+ Consumables + Engine Cover + RSA 50 Kms
Rs. 59,000

Option 2: ICICI Lombard + BMW Secure
Comprehensive + Zero Dep+ Consumables + Engine Cover + RSA 300 Kms + Key Loss + Tyre Cover + Alloy Cover + Wheel Alignment
Rs. 89,000

Option 3: Bharti AXA via CoverFox
Comprehensive + Zero Dep+ Consumables + Engine Cover + RSA 50 Kms + Key Loss + Return to Invoice
Rs. 80,000

All prices including GST. IDV 25 lac.

[ATTACH=BMW Secure ( Service Product).docx]BMW Secure T&C attached as well.[/ATTACH]

Which insurance company other X1 owners are using?

I travel a lot on highways and Tier 2/3 cities.
Hi,

I suggest you go with Option B.

The claim process is easy and hassle free with ICICI Lombard. I renewed my 2nd year insurance along with the Secure package for Rs. 1,44,531 for the M Sport.
Old 28th February 2019, 00:24   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there a possibility of seeing that condensation taking a liquid form?
I feel like a nerd asking this is but it is quite inevitable right?
Only if water injects in higher quantity which can only be possible if there is crack, which isn't the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milin View Post
I suggest you go with Option B.

The claim process is easy and hassle free with ICICI Lombard. I renewed my 2nd year insurance along with the Secure package for Rs. 1,44,531 for the M Sport.
Did that today. Cost difference wasn't much plus you get direct coverage from BMW.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2019, 00:43   #455
BHPian

Can anyone recommend a good set of carpet mats for my X1? The ones which came stock are black often tend to get dirty and doesn't look good.
There are 5D or 7D mats available from Autofurnish but I have no experience with the brand. 3M offer the nomads/noodle mats.
Please help!
namanchaudhary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2019, 00:30   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone recommend a good set of carpet mats for my X1?
Either the BMW All Weather Mats for 12k or Kagu 3D mats; cost same or lesser.

Quote:
The ones which came stock are black often tend to get dirty and doesn't look good.
Are they velour or all weather mats?
Old 10th March 2019, 11:51   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Are they velour or all weather mats?
The dealer gave the all weather floor mats as part of complimentary accessories when we were cracking a good deal during the time of our purchase. They look great when they're clean but it's getting quite difficult to keep them clean.
Old 14th March 2019, 23:20   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got 1st service done at 9,200 kms and 9 months.

AC cooling restored back to its best but I do get a faint smell everytime I start car for 1st time.

Any solutions to it? BMW Workshop says we will do fumigation treatment and charge you a bomb for it. I declined.
So in continuation to above post, the pungent smell every time I start the AC was something I just didn't like.

So called up my Service Advisor, stating I require to have the AC Micro filter replaced since it was only cleaned in 1st service. Thinking it would resolve the issue at hand.

To which he said BMW has launched a campaign for customers who report the pungent smell issue in X1.

Process is a 3 step depending on whichever step helps to resolve it.
Step 1: Clean AC Micro filter. Check.

Step 2: If issue of pungent smell persists, change AC Micro filter. Check.

Step 3: Still issue persists, final step is do a deep cleaning of evaporator coil.

In my case process till Step 3 had to be done.

Happy to report that issue is finally resolved and AC chilling to bone.

Costs Rs. 15,000. Since it was a BMW campaign and car covered in BSI+RI, there was no charges applicable.

Though car had to kept overnight to do all 3 steps, but end of it result was successful.

Finally car washed and cleaned inside out. All good. Happy with services provided by BMW Infinity Cars, Navi Mumbai.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th March 2019, 20:36   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone recommend a good set of carpet mats for my X1? The ones which came stock are black often tend to get dirty and doesn't look good.
There are 5D or 7D mats available from Autofurnish but I have no experience with the brand. 3M offer the nomads/noodle mats.
Please help!
https://www.amazon.in/WeatherTech-Di...ch+mats+BMW+X1

Try these.

Or you could go to shop no 53 in Palika Bhawan car market opposite Hyatt. A sardarji shop owner. Makes very well fitting custom carpet mats. Has a lot of rubber mats also.

Last edited by MADMAX111 : 15th March 2019 at 20:38. Reason: Additional information
Old 16th March 2019, 00:59   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To which he said BMW has launched a campaign for customers who report the pungent smell issue in X1.
Is this campaign time bound ? My car is due for service in 3000 kms so might wait till then

Also Does anyone know if the cornering light functionality is available on our cars? Didnt seem to see it
Old 17th March 2019, 01:08   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Is this campaign time bound ? My car is due for service in 3000 kms so might wait till then
Nope not time bound. If the issue again happens in my X1, they will do it again.

Quote:
IAlso Does anyone know if the cornering light functionality is available on our cars? Didnt seem to see it
It is very much there. Enabled on these 3 occasions when headlights are on
1. Turn steering in either direction
2. Turn on indicator
3. Engage reverse gear both side cornering LED light lit up
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 10:26   #462
Senior - BHPian

Just found out that they work only when the headlight switch is set to Auto position, feel silly to have missed out on this in over a year of owning the car, the illumination seems a bit far away though

Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-whatsapp-image-20190318-22.02.29.jpeg

Cornering light , the area near the tree is brighter

Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-whatsapp-image-20190318-22.02.29-1.jpeg

Is this the only benefit of the adaptive headlights or is there anything else
bottle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 11:17   #463
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is this the only benefit of the adaptive headlights or is there anything else
Does X1 have the Adaptive LEDs - like in the below image?
Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-adaptive-leds.jpg

If yes, they do a lot more than cornering lights. They implement active cornering where the headlight beam tracks steering movement and always lights up the road ahead. These also have a very interesting feature called VLD (variable light distribution) where the beam height and width varies with speed of the car.

If they are not Adaptive LEDs, then you will have only the static cornering function implemented by the fog lamps and auto leveling of the headlamps which will be up/down movement that the headlamps perform when switched on. This is to set the level of the headlights according to the load in the car.
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 12:57   #464
Senior - BHPian

My X1 is ready to find a new owner :

I didn't expect this coming so soon, its been a pleasure owning this beauty for 2 years 6 months of trouble free drives and a proud ownership. Although it has touched only 8500 kms till date, I have decided to go 2 segments higher to the Porsche line up.

This post is to express my sincere thanks and wishes to the existing owners for all their help and guidance whenever there was any doubts to be cleared. My experience with Navnit Motors, Bangalore has been excellent.

I love this brand, so I picked up a BMW 310 R in place of the X1 There is my ownership thread running on it. I also fell in love with the BMW R nine T yesterday at the showroom, may be something more is coming on 2 wheels !!

Once again, thanking everyone here and wishing all of you a wonderful ownership experience ahead !

In case any of you feel you want to gift a well maintained X1 to your friend or loved one, check the classifieds section.

See you all in the Porsche ownership thread. Coming Soon
Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-x1310r.jpg
shajufx is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 00:15   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Does X1 have the Adaptive LEDs - like in the below image?
Attachment 1860774
Nope.

Quote:
If yes, they do a lot more than cornering lights. They implement active cornering where the headlight beam tracks steering movement and always lights up the road ahead. These also have a very interesting feature called VLD (variable light distribution) where the beam height and width varies with speed of the car.
Plus High Beam Assit. Button on left toggle switch above BC button.

Quote:
If they are not Adaptive LEDs, then you will have only the static cornering function implemented by the fog lamps
Separate LED for cornering function in main headlights. Fog lamps only lit up when turned on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I have decided to go 2 segments higher to the Porsche line up.
Congrats, that's the only rightful upgrade to a Bimmer as of today. Post that only a Lamoborghini Urus or Ferrari Purosangue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
See you all in the Porsche ownership thread. Coming Soon
Cayenne?

Most Viewed