Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2020, 14:01   #526

Re: Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Did a road trip in 2nd week of Dec'19 in X1 Expedition 20d covering multiple destinations. Route looked as

Navi Mumbai-Bangalore-Yercaud-Salem-Kodaikanal-Madurai-Rameswaram-Thanjavur-Trichy-Puducherry-Mahabalipuram-Chennai-Navi Mumbai.
Congratulation for the wonderful trip. Wanted to do one myself but was not sure how the car would handle such a trip. This is inspirational in short. Mine is a 20i -Petrol ,wonder if the power will be enough to handle the roads. So far so good. And like you mentioned power is never enough.
Old 3rd April 2020, 14:06   #527

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Really nice write up, thanks a lot for that. The electric shifter being present on the petrol is news for me.

For some reason I dont see the Youtube link in your post, is this it ?
Yes !that's the one .Thank you.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd April 2020 at 14:25. Reason: Fixing quoted text tag and removing Youtube link from Quotes
Old 30th May 2020, 17:14   #528

Got the high gloss kidney grill installed with the M racing stripes .This in my opinion is the best accessory on the X1 [ATTACH=IMG_E4780.JPG]2011918[/ATTACHNext Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-img_4985.jpg]
Attached Thumbnails
Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-img_e4780.jpg  

Pointerpins is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 19:56   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointerpins View Post
Got the high gloss kidney grill installed with the M racing stripes .This in my opinion is the best accessory on the X1
Where did you get them from and for how much?
Old 2nd June 2020, 21:37   #530
BHPian

Hi all.
I am thinking of buying the X1 petrol sportX variant and would like any inputs on the pros/cons and also what to expect in this respect in terms of ownership costs of maintainence every year. I'm not the type to change a car every 4-5 years, so I'm looking at long term ownership costs as well.
Secondly, is the 4L odd price difference of the xLine justified just for a bigger touchscreen with mapmyindia GPS, Apple carplay, ambient led lights on the interior and fogs + chrome grill on the exterior?
Lastly, if anyone is aware of discounts (the silently offered, hard bargained unadvertised types) on petrol. I'm aware dealers are denying any, citing the new BS-6 facelift model, petrol (which traditionally had lower sales)+ lack of competition from Audi A4 and Merc GLA as of now. Thanks a lot.
Old 5th June 2020, 15:30   #531

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avior View Post
Where did you get them from and for how much?
I got it from the BMW original accessories and got it installed by the service center,its on the website. Cost was about 14K.There are much cheaper options on amazon but the fit and finish are to be verified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen2001 View Post
Hi all.
I am thinking of buying the X1 petrol sportX variant and would like any inputs on the pros/cons and also what to expect in this respect in terms of ownership costs of maintainence every year. I'm not the type to change a car every 4-5 years, so I'm looking at long term ownership costs as well.
Secondly, is the 4L odd price difference of the xLine justified just for a bigger touchscreen with mapmyindia GPS, Apple carplay, ambient led lights on the interior and fogs + chrome grill on the exterior?
Lastly, if anyone is aware of discounts (the silently offered, hard bargained unadvertised types) on petrol. I'm aware dealers are denying any, citing the new BS-6 facelift model, petrol (which traditionally had lower sales)+ lack of competition from Audi A4 and Merc GLA as of now. Thanks a lot.
The 4L cost IMO is totally justified as it makes a world of difference.Things like apple carplay for me was a deal breaker .It changes the way you interact with your phone/car and the seamless connection.The ambient light is to give you that feel good factor and that little something special everytime you step in,specially at night and parkings.The petrol varient in general has been fun and exciting to drive. Trust me you wont remember the money when you finally get the car fully loaded .The BSI covered all the service expenses .Been driving it for 2 years and no additional costs so far except for the extra accessories

Last edited by vb-saan : 5th June 2020 at 17:50. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged; please use edit/multi-quote options when posting back-to-back. Thanks!
Pointerpins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 01:03   #532
BHPian

Has anyone had any issues with rear parking sensors? I'm getting an error code "Parking Assist unavailable" and rear sensors aren't working.
Old 9th September 2020, 14:01   #533
BHPian

Other X1 owners with Pirelli RFT and tyre experts, please suggest if this tyre is safe to use. The tyre still has around 3-4mm thread left and there’s no air leak. Looks more like a surface cut.

Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-img_6687.jpg
Old 9th September 2020, 18:16   #534

Though this seems risky considering the bad reputation of bursting that these tyres have you can take benefit of doubt of the surface cut and continue using if you drive at not so high speeds and if your rides are limited to city area. However if you are planning to go out for out of town highway speed rides this can be a risky proposition. Moreover the downsize spare tyre has limited use.
Old 9th September 2020, 18:27   #535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi58 View Post
Other X1 owners with Pirelli RFT and tyre experts, please suggest if this tyre is safe to use. The tyre still has around 3-4mm thread left and there’s no air leak. Looks more like a surface cut.
If you are having BMW Secure policy, you can claim and get new tyre at 50% depreciation since tread is >=3 mm.

If you do not have BMW Secure
1. If usage of car is within city limits, observe. Since its RFT, no worries if tyre losses complete air.

2. If usage is on highway, I would suggest to replace due to high speeds X1 is capable of.

I would suggest to go for Bridgestone Turanza T001 RFT as they are more durable than Pirelli Cinturato P7 RFT.
Old 9th September 2020, 19:11   #536

I dont understand why BMW is not changing the tyre brand /company considering the number of complaints these tyres have. BMW India's twitter page is full of tyre grievances. I think they give a BMW secure policy for the tyres as they themselves are sure that the customer is going to have to face issues.
My usage is very less but on one occasion a self tapping screw pierced into my front tyre at the parking of a highway hotel. They had newly made the parking shade and the workers left behind some fallen screws for me to suffer.
I had a BMW secure policy and the tyre was replaced at the dealership but the amount that I had to pay and the cost of the secure policy added up to cost of a new tyre considering price of the tyre and installation charges at the dealership. Buying a secure policy didnt help me as I had just one instance. In fact if I were to get the tyre changed outside a dealership I would have saved some time and money. Also it can be an issue if the dealership is far or does not have the tyre in stock.

I dont think Bridgestone sells the size 225/50 R18 in the Turanza T001 series in India
Attached Thumbnails
Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-1599658891138.jpg  

Last edited by CHIRU3011 : 9th September 2020 at 19:20.
Old 9th September 2020, 19:50   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
If you are having BMW Secure policy, you can claim and get new tyre at 50% depreciation since tread is >=3 mm.

I would suggest to go for Bridgestone Turanza T001 RFT as they are more durable than Pirelli Cinturato P7 RFT.
I did not renew BMW Secure because then I will have to buy new tyres from the dealer itself. But even if I had secure, would they replace in pairs?

There's still like 10-12k kms left on these tyres and barely 1.5yr old. These RFT are supposed to have stronger sidewalls right?
Old 9th September 2020, 20:32   #538

Quote:
I did not renew BMW Secure because then I will have to buy new tyres from the dealer itself. But even if I had secure, would they replace in pairs?

There's still like 10-12k kms left on these tyres and barely 1.5yr old. These RFT are supposed to have stronger sidewalls right?
Yeah. Buy most of these tyres burst come from the sidewalls only.
Old 10th September 2020, 10:34   #539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIRU3011 View Post
one occasion a self tapping screw pierced into my front tyre at the parking of a highway hotel.
If the puncture can be repaired; then that's advisable rather than buying a new tyre for every puncture.

Quote:
Also it can be an issue if the dealership is far or does not have the tyre in stock.
2 weeks is maximum time they would take to import it from Germany. First they try to source from other BMW Workshops.

Quote:
I dont think Bridgestone sells the size 225/50 R18 in the Turanza T001 series in India
225 55 R17 is available in Bridgestone Turamza T001 since X1 Expedition came with that size.

Pirelli are too soft and get easily punctured. After change over to Bridgestone, no issues whatsoever.

Quote:
I did not renew BMW Secure because then I will have to buy new tyres from the dealer itself.
You can buy from either BMW dealer or from outside shop. Try different RFT brand. Yokohama and Michelin too make RFT tyres in X1 size.

Quote:
But even if I had secure, would they replace in pairs?
Yes, only if both have a puncture or damage.

Quote:
These RFT are supposed to have stronger sidewalls right?
Yes strong enough to take weight of the car with no air and still drive for 80 kms.
Old 10th September 2020, 12:43   #540

If the puncture can be repaired; then that's advisable rather than buying a new tyre for every puncture.

I too was of the same opinion but the SA advised getting the tyre changed as the puncture was big and also more towards the edge

2 weeks is maximum time they would take to import it from Germany. First they try to source from other BMW Workshops.

The dealership took 3 days to replace my tyre firstly for insurance approval and then to get the tyre from their other branch in the same city

225 55 R17 is available in Bridgestone Turamza T001 since X1 Expedition came with that size.

Ok. From his alloys I could make out that it is not the expedition

Pirelli are too soft and get easily punctured. After change over to Bridgestone, no issues whatsoever.

Great.

You can buy from either BMW dealer or from outside shop. Try different RFT brand. Yokohama and Michelin too make RFT tyres in X1 size.

True

Yes, only if both have a puncture or damage.

Yes strong enough to take weight of the car with no air and still drive for 80 kms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks