Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2016, 08:12   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Ninjax, do you happen to know the on road prices for the lower sdrive variants? Also what is your impression of the gearbox, I believe it is not the zf, but a Japanese one.
Old 1st May 2016, 09:52   #62
BHPian

I happened to visit the showroom in Bangalore yesterday. I only could see the car at the dealer. The test drive car is yet to come. The salesperson said the TD car would be ready coming week when I hope to take a TD. The car looks really impressive (compared to the earlier X1). Interiors are well appointed, leg room is impressive. The seat squab at the rear was less and under thigh support is inadequate. But other than that it is a well rounded SUV. Waiting now to TD. Will post more information post that.
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 20:12   #63
BHPian

Re: Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Hi Ninjax, do you happen to know the on road prices for the lower sdrive variants? Also what is your impression of the gearbox, I believe it is not the zf, but a Japanese one.
The sales guys were telling me that there are 4 variants, the basic starts at 37L with the top of the line m sport edition at 50L. The variant I test drove and actually interested me was the 44L which was awd+twin sun roof+paddleshift . The car is to be officially launched either this week or the next and deliveries by end of may 2016. The gearbox was top notch and transmission was butter smooth and very responsive with negligible lag.
Old 3rd May 2016, 00:55   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Anything in particular to go for the sDrive variant? I am in que to buying the new X1 and cannot find a reason to opt out of xLine xDrive. Please help.

If I get the Estoril Blue M Sport unit, I might get into the M Sport one as well. That car looks beyond anything.
Old 3rd May 2016, 09:59   #65
BHPian

Checked out the xdrive display car at Navnit Motors, Bangalore. The car looks fabulous but still more an estate than an SUV. The steering feels awesome. The seats definitely lack some thigh support. Hopefully the MSport version has better seats. Still confused between this and the X3. Hopefully can make a decision after the test drive.

Cheers,
Aravind
Old 5th May 2016, 20:32   #66
BHPian

Prices for X1 announced in Bangalore. X drive is almost 48L on road.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Price list 05 05 16 New.pdf (48.8 KB, 796 views)
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 12:07   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Prices for X1 announced in Bangalore. X drive is almost 48L on road.
I just glanced at the price list and the new 320d M Sport is almost 59L. Damn! I didn't know the road tax in bangalore is 20%.

As for the X1, M Sport going up to 52.58L. Scary to look at considering couple of years back this was all 530d territory.
Old 8th May 2016, 12:34   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
I just glanced at the price list and the new 320d M Sport is almost 59L. Damn! I didn't know the road tax in bangalore is 20%.

As for the X1, M Sport going up to 52.58L. Scary to look at considering couple of years back this was all 530d territory.

Yes dude. Bangalore road tax is obnoxiously high! The same Msport would probably cost almost a million bucks less in Gurgaon on road. X drive is value for money though it misses out on Sat Nav and reverse camera.
Old 8th May 2016, 12:54   #69
BHPian

I have the prices in Ahmedabad and the ex-showroom is considerably higher than Delhi. The basic variant is still decently priced. Taxes arnt as bad as Bangalore here but the showroom price makes it look a bit too highly priced.

SDrive expedition - 32.2 exshowroom (36 on road)
SDrive xline - 37.6 exshowroom (42.2 on road)
Xdrive xline - 39.7 exshowroom (44.4 on road)
Msport variant - 44 exshowroom (49.2 on road)

Thats a difference of 2.3L, 3.7L, 3.8L and 4.1L respectively on the exshowroom prices from Delhi.
Old 12th May 2016, 11:24   #70
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I like to hear a genuine feedback on the ground clearance on full load. Has anyone here did a TD with 4 people on board ? I believe it has the lowest GC compared to most rivals in the segment. Seriously considering owning one by mid year ! If I fail to get a real time feedback, planning to go with 3 other friends and do a TD through the most potholed stretches of Bangalore.

Recently I see a lot of new speed breakers around my place which do not follow any measurement criteria or shape. Contractor had to be called back at one spot by the residents to chop one down to half. It's still scraping the sedans !! Another weird change I find in Bangalore is the multiple speed breakers all around a railway cross. Why people do these things ?
Old 13th May 2016, 14:08   #71
BHPian

BMW have gone and increased the price of the 3 top variants keeping the base at the same. So the prices we had during the launch were 29.9,33.9,35.9,39.9 have now become 29.9,34.9,36.9,40.9. The changes could have been because of the duty during the budget however I am pretty sure the prices were the former when I checked them around about 1-2 weeks back on their site.

Test drove the Sdrive Xline model yesterday. The car is perfect in size of the city and could easily do a job on the highway.

Positives:

Looks amazing.
The sunroof is humongous giving a great feel to the cabin.
The interiors in terms of styling are a big upgrade on the previous generation. Even the 3 series interiors feel a bit dated compared to the one in X1.
Great turning circle.
Throttle response felt good.
The rear seats are by far the best in the class and even better than C. Great thigh support and amazing legroom.
Great boot space as well.
The ambient lighting is a charm.

Negatives:
The quality of the materials felt a bit average compared to the Mercedes cars.
At very low RPM I felt a bit of jerk possibly something to do with the gear shifting.
I think they have overpriced the 3 variants except the base model.

@shajufx: I was told that the car sits pretty high just that the some rear and front bumper support sat a bit lower hence the lower GC (I do not really believe him however).

Last edited by kartavya : 13th May 2016 at 14:17.
kartavya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 15:58   #72
Team-BHP Support

Took the X1 for a 15 min spin today. It was the all wheel drive variant X line version. Here are my impressions -

Space is really really good. Legroom seemed just slightly less than my X3, so yes it is very good. Cabin width did feel less than the X3. But on the whole far more spacious than the previous gen. I'd say in terms of cabin space, leaving the boot out its at 85% of the X3.

The interiors felt nice and modern, well laid out. The panoramic sunroof is massive, stretches to the back rest of the rear seats. The rear seats btw seem to have great thigh support. Materials were on par with the 3 series, which is very much acceptable, and feel solid. No CD player in this.

Coming to the drive, lets just say I wasn't disappointed. It was peppy, and had punch. The new engine feels much more silent and refined in this, much more than the new 3. The Aisin gearbox seems to have been tuned in a slightly less sporty manner than the earlier ZF, but still its very useable and will not leave you wanting. When it comes to spirited driving there is no comparison to the earlier car, but I would still say this is better than the Q3. Ride quality too was good, not as good as the X3 but better than the 3 series. Sharper bumps could be heard more than felt because of the run flats.

All in all, its definitely my choice between the Q3 and GLA. Really a great package, and I wouldn't hesitate or think twice before picking this up if I were in the market.
Akshay1234 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 17:04   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Took the X1 for a 15 min spin today. It was the all wheel drive variant X line version. Here are my impressions -
With the new X1, the X3 2.0 is almost redundant now. Even the boot space should be good with the X1 as the spare tyre is stored under the boot floor unlike the X3 which, of course does not even get a spare and owners wanting the security of a spare are forced to store it on top of the boot floor and lose a good chunk of space.

Only areas where the X3 scores is a bit more car width, RWD bias for the X drive and the ZF gear box. In all other areas I think the X1 scores. But the big question is, does it have the BMW DNA? Things like : FWD Mini Platform, Aisin gear box will not please the purists.
Old 14th May 2016, 15:19   #74
BHPian

Just had a Good 20 km + test drive of the X1.
i am currently in the market for a car and finalising between the 320d and c class. my initial impression.
The car has good space, much better than before. the engine well is a gem of an engine and the gear box is perfectly matted to it. gave very good performance and pick up.
the interiors are pretty much 320 d type.
few observations, the seats are small in size, i think even the front seat width was small, so was the rear seats. better than others though and very comfortable.
main grouse was the Tyre noise coming inside the cabin was very high. dont know if it was because of the run flats but was unacceptable for a 30 + lakh rupee vehicle. it was so bad that it was a deal breaker for me otherwise would have definitely considered the X1.
now back to the previous 2 options. on the positive side i am sure that there was some issue with the tyres i.e. alignment or some other reason the dealer has informed that they would look at the issue and have offered a test drive next week again.

on the drive i really liked the way it moved. it was able to keep up with a jaguar xf on the highway and was very sure footed negotiating a curve at even 110 +. potholes dismissed with out a problem and we had 3 on board.
Old 14th May 2016, 15:24   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvluv View Post
Just had a Good 20 km + test drive of the X1.
i am currently in the market for a car and finalising between the 320d and c class. my initial impression.
The car has good space, much better than before. the engine well is a gem of an engine and the gear box is perfectly matted to it. gave very good performance and pick up.
the interiors are pretty much 320 d type.
few observations, the seats are small in size, i think even the front seat width was small, so was the rear seats. better than others though and very comfortable.
main grouse was the Tyre noise coming inside the cabin was very high. dont know if it was because of the run flats but was unacceptable for a 30 + lakh rupee vehicle. it was so bad that it was a deal breaker for me otherwise would have definitely considered the X1.
now back to the previous 2 options. on the positive side i am sure that there was some issue with the tyres i.e. alignment or some other reason the dealer has informed that they would look at the issue and have offered a test drive next week again.

on the drive i really liked the way it moved. it was able to keep up with a jaguar xf on the highway and was very sure footed negotiating a curve at even 110 +. potholes dismissed with out a problem and we had 3 on board.
The tyre noise is probably because of the run flats which one should probably swap for tubeless at delivery itself as BMW's now have spare wheels.

Are Mumbai dealers quoting a waiting period on the X1 mid model? What are the ex-showroom Mumbai prices?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks