Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2016, 07:41   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Guys I had gone ahead with booking the Msport version 2 weeks back in Mediterranean blue. This after confirming with the dealer on whether the Color was available
Hi, we were supposed to meet right?

Glad to hear your booking is done. Med blue is actually for all other variants except mSport. Estoril blue is the exclusive color for mSport. White is a nice choice. Any specific reason for opting MSport?

I dont like the seat material used in other variants. Not sure if they will give me the pure leather with red stitching on X Drive X Line.

Expecting to visit the showroom by month end. TD is still pending.
Old 17th June 2016, 09:13   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Hi, we were supposed to meet right?

Glad to hear your booking is done. Med blue is actually for all other variants except mSport. Estoril blue is the exclusive color for mSport. White is a nice choice. Any specific reason for opting MSport?

I dont like the seat material used in other variants. Not sure if they will give me the pure leather with red stitching on X Drive X Line.

Expecting to visit the showroom by month end. TD is still pending.

The catalog says all colours available in Msport and Estoril blue is one additional for Msport only. Msport has additional features like larger Screen with Sat navigation, head up display, better seats (pure leather against leatherette in others). What irritated me was while the catalog shows something, actually there are only 2 Colors in Msport.

Thanks for reassuring on White. Now on 2 minds since Color preference is not there. Should I cancel or opt for white?
Old 17th June 2016, 09:23   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The catalog says all colours available in Msport and Estoril blue is one additional for Msport only.
Thanks for reassuring on White. Now on 2 minds since Color preference is not there. Should I cancel or opt for white?
White will look nice, there is no doubt. Forget the catalog color options. They don't have any colors other than brown, white and blue. I don't like brown, so my choices are like bread or rice, nothing else to eat!

I went up all the way to GLC and Evoque and now back to X1 again Still not sure what I want. A3 has better leather than X1. I don't understand why these brands take Indians for a ride avoiding all the quality provided by brands that cost half. May be they think just the logo is enough here, people are blind on everything else.
Old 17th June 2016, 17:31   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thinking of asking more discounts/accessories from the dealer for this confusion.
Did you manage to get any discount already?

Quote:

I went up all the way to GLC and Evoque and now back to X1 again
GLC and Evoque are a segment higher than the X1, would be great to hear why you still pick the x1 compared to them?

Last edited by Sahil : 17th June 2016 at 17:34.
Old 17th June 2016, 18:05   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
GLC and Evoque are a segment higher than the X1, would be great to hear why you still pick the x1 compared to them?
That's the issue when you don't have a fixed budget ahead
I started reading about Ecosport and went through S Cross, A3, Q3, X1, GLC, Evoque and even F Pace for which even the launch date is not known to the dealer here ! Right now I don't even know what I want. This will be my 7th car in 13 years and I want it to be different from the crowd and something that will make me feel proud of the ownership. I am spoiled by the wheels taking me around in Muscat, usually a Cayenne S (my profile pic) a Range Rover Sports or A8. So, its not easy to decide !

A choice of X1 will be purely on the basis of 'saving some bucks' for something else ! Writing a cheque or transferring online does not pinch much, but when you see that much cash in physical form, it's a natural pull back to bare basics, because I am not eligible for a car loan in India
Old 18th June 2016, 23:42   #126
BHPian

Quote:
I don't understand why these brands take Indians for a ride avoiding all the quality provided by brands that cost half. May be they think just the logo is enough here, people are blind on everything else.
Hi, this was precisely my thoughts after taking various test drives of new X1 . I just could not convince myself that it was a BMW product . I am sure after driving this u too would have serious doubts on whether its worth buying . IMO a Sub-standard product of BMW ...
Old 19th June 2016, 09:40   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddndrive View Post
I am sure after driving this u too would have serious doubts on whether its worth buying . IMO a Sub-standard product of BMW ...
I just attended the X1 launch last night which our Bangalore dealer did for a second time. Saw around 50-60 people and lots of kids busy with starters and drinks that was available in plenty right from 7pm to 10pm. I never attended any launches till date except a Jeep and Cherokee multiple terrain driving experience in the open in Muscat mid 2014. There was no free food

I saw and touched the first X1 in real last night and I must say it looks good. As I mentioned in one of the old posts, seat material is very average. They don't have pure leather in other variants than MSport, even as an option. I would never buy this leather due to my regular skin issues. No clue if they can provide good quality fabric in the mid variant too.

I will take a call by month end. Decision will be after closely checking other alternatives like GLA and Q3. Used market is also very vibrant in Bangalore with dozens of Mercs, BMWs and Audi.
Old 19th June 2016, 13:40   #128
Team-BHP Support

I really think the new X1 in size and spec is capable of comparison with the GLC not GLA. And on that rupee for rupee, the X1 blasts the GLC on the value proposition.
Old 22nd June 2016, 19:04   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Guys I had gone ahead with booking the Msport version 2 weeks back in Mediterranean blue. This after confirming with the dealer on whether the Color was available or not. Now after 2 weeks they come back and say that Msport in India is available only in Mineral White and Estoril Blue. This is just ridiculous. I had looked at Estoril blue in person and didn't like it. How about White? Will it look good in Msport? Thinking of asking more discounts/accessories from the dealer for this confusion.
Congrats on the booking!

Also note that the white they mention for the Msport, is the Mineral white and not the Apline white.
I liked it best in White in person which was there in the showroom, did a TD of the Med. Blue, and there was also an Estorial Blue MSport there.
Old 28th June 2016, 13:20   #130
BHPian

I checked out the new X1 over the weekend. I found the front seats to hard and narrow. So much so that the seats on an Ertiga had better cushion and comfort. Not sure if its just me. This has been noted in this review as well

http://www.cnet.com/roadshow/auto/2016-bmw-x1-review/
Old 30th June 2016, 21:49   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post
Congrats on the booking!

Also note that the white they mention for the Msport, is the Mineral white and not the Apline white.

I liked it best in White in person which was there in the showroom, did a TD of the Med. Blue, and there was also an Estorial Blue MSport there.

Thanks. Yes it is Mineral White. It does look good, atleast I have begun to convince myself that 😊

Saw this review on Autocar, a 3 way comparison between X1, Q3 and GLA. X1 comes as the winner.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...on-402441.aspx
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 07:16   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Yes it is Mineral White. It does look good, atleast I have begun to convince myself that 😊
Have you actually booked? I am still in two minds. There is not a single YouTube review I have not seen till date, including other languages. Everything looks positive but I still long for bit more luxury and comfort. So I have decided to take a look on GLC as well. If I don't find it worth the extra money, then X1 is the only choice.

Please keep updating your progress, it will be a real time guidance for others.
Old 2nd July 2016, 11:24   #133
BHPian

does BMW X1 base (expedition) model come with navigation and music system?

According to the specs, M Sport version comes with "Navigation plus" and I am wondering if other versions get a basic satnav or something.

Since the brochure says "Hifi loudspeaker system" is absent in the Expedition variant, does that mean it gets a basic audio system?

Also, I read UK/Aussie BMW X1 reviews that says about the increased ground clearance (183 mm) of the new X1. It probably looks like BMW "artificially" lowered the claimed GC in India to 165 mm, but I believe it should be 183 mm or more for all practical purposes. Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by ece2k2 : 2nd July 2016 at 11:27.
Old 2nd July 2016, 19:04   #134
BHPian

Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Quick update guys. The Sales Associate called me and said that the vehicle has been received today from the factory. So thought of having a look at the yard and also doing the PDI. Had a 45 minute check of the vehicle. At the end was satisfied and no concerns observed. Could not check the complete functioning of the I drive since all software was not downloaded. The associate told that they would be doing a complete check over the next 2 days and then would be downloading all the software. Thanks to the checklist, was able to have a comprehensive check of the vehicle.

In sunlight Mineral white looks awesome, especially for Msport with the Msport logo standing out prominently. Was though a little disappointed with the interiors being beige. I wanted mocha or black, but the associate mentioned that that combination was rare for India as most preferred beige. Maintenance is going to be a nightmare in monsoons. The tyres were Bridgestone RFT, again would have loved to have Pirellis instead 😔

The vehicle was manufactured in June. Had a look at the Form 20 which confirmed the same. It is 16th June to be precise. The car had just 3 kms on the odo as well. The vehicle is likely to get registered on Monday and there will be another couple of days for dealer PDI and other checks. Hoping to get the car delivery mid next week. Posting some pictures I managed to click.

Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1467466386.255908.jpgNext Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1467466415.218587.jpgNext Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1467466434.904646.jpgNext Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1467466455.240881.jpgNext Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1467466485.794864.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1467466331.886970.jpg  

Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1467466349.809809.jpg  

Last edited by nurni76 : 2nd July 2016 at 19:06.
nurni76 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 19:12   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
does BMW X1 base (expedition) model come with navigation and music system?

According to the specs, M Sport version comes with "Navigation plus" and I am wondering if other versions get a basic satnav or something.

Since the brochure says "Hifi loudspeaker system" is absent in the Expedition variant, does that mean it gets a basic audio system?

Also, I read UK/Aussie BMW X1 reviews that says about the increased ground clearance (183 mm) of the new X1. It probably looks like BMW "artificially" lowered the claimed GC in India to 165 mm, but I believe it should be 183 mm or more for all practical purposes. Correct me if I am wrong.

Apart from the Msport version, no other variant gets the navigation package. The expedition variant has a music system with 6 speakers while the other models get 7.

I did check on the GC and the associate again mentioned that it is 165mm and that it was mentioned to them in their training. It would have been wonderful to have 183mm. Guess the previous generation X1 had 183 mm GC.
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed