Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2016, 10:31   #136
BHPian

Re: Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
I did check on the GC and the associate again mentioned that it is 165mm and that it was mentioned to them in their training. It would have been wonderful to have 183mm. Guess the previous generation X1 had 183 mm GC.
I still doubt if the real GC is 165 mm - it could just be the official figure to avail some benefits. If you look at international sites like http://www.bmwblog.com/2015/07/17/20...1-first-drive/ and http://www.motortrend.com/news/2016-...-drive-review/, it is evident that the new BMWs GC is 7.2 inches or 183 mm. I don't think any manufacturer would deliberately reduce the GC for Indian roads.
Old 3rd July 2016, 11:06   #137
BHPian

The GC issue might just be due to the less than 180 mm rule we have in our country that cuts down taxes/ duties (??).
Old 4th July 2016, 00:00   #138
Senior - BHPian

Even Mahindra Scorpio GC is rated at 165 mm due to addition of some part to reduce the duties, which doesn't mean, it can't undertake off roading.

Same goes for BMW X1.

Quote:
Quick update guys. The Sales Associate called me and said that the vehicle has been received today from the factory. So thought of having a look at the yard and also doing the PDI.
Congrats on the X1 M Sport. Do share more pictures and try to start an ownership thread as well.
Old 4th July 2016, 01:12   #139
BHPian

My xLine xDrive in Patna.... Got it delivered last week.... Overall pretty impressed with the car, chose it over 2L X3, RR Evoque and Q5
Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-1.jpg

Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-2.jpg

Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-3.jpg

Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-4.jpg
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 06:33   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Even Mahindra Scorpio GC is rated at 165 mm due to addition of some part to reduce the duties, which doesn't mean, it can't undertake off roading.

Same goes for BMW X1.

Congrats on the X1 M Sport. Do share more pictures and try to start an ownership thread as well.
Thanks. Yes will try and start an ownership thread once I get delivery of mine. Just that these days am quite busy with work and finding time is going to be tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
My xLine xDrive in Patna.... Got it delivered last week.... Overall pretty impressed with the car, chose it over 2L X3, RR Evoque and Q5

Attachment 1524108

Attachment 1524109

Attachment 1524110

Attachment 1524111

Congrats on your priced possession. Hoping for more pictures and a detailed review.
Old 6th July 2016, 11:02   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the car. Looks best in White to me.

Are those the stock tires with white lettering or you changed the stock run flats???

Am I the only one, to prefer the looks for the xDrive more than the M sport? I really found the rear diffuser ugly on the M sport compared to the xDrive.
Old 6th July 2016, 20:46   #142
BHPian

Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Got delivery of my Msport today. Am yet to really have a feel of the drive. There are lots of things to figure out in the car and will spend time over the weekend understanding the same. Some initial pictures. More will follow as I start unravelling details. Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1467818140.542858.jpgNext Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1467818160.506311.jpgNext Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1467818187.276012.jpg
nurni76 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 20:53   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got delivery of my Msport today. Am yet to really have a feel of the drive. There are lots of things to figure out in the car and will spend time over the weekend understanding the same.
Congratulations!! Enjoy the drive. Waiting for more pictures. White looks really cool, love this alloys better than the lower version.
Old 6th July 2016, 22:15   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post
Congrats on the car. Looks best in White to me.

Are those the stock tires with white lettering or you changed the stock run flats???

Am I the only one, to prefer the looks for the xDrive more than the M sport? I really found the rear diffuser ugly on the M sport compared to the xDrive.
Thanks! OT, but co-incidentally your username is same as the name of the primary user of the car who's my 'nanu' (granpa) in Patna though needless to say its also my daily drive when I'm in town

And yes I somewhat agree, I could have bought the M - Sport as well but I the painted plastic parts makes it look more 'estately' then SAV / SUV which it pretty well succeeds in looking in the x-line avatar. As for the tires, I have put in tire stickers and they are stock RFTs which I wont be changing as they are covered under insurance.
Old 6th July 2016, 22:25   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got delivery of my Msport today. Am yet to really have a feel of the drive. There are lots of things to figure out in the car and will spend time over the weekend understanding the same. Some initial pictures. More will follow as I start unravelling details.
Nice! Congratulations!

I see the colour is Mineral White and not Alpine White which is the case with most other BMW models. Mineral white is metallic whereas Alpine white is just a pure white non metallic paint. I love those alloys too. What is the interior colour combo?
Old 6th July 2016, 22:29   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! OT, but co-incidentally your username is same as the name of the primary user of the car who's my 'nanu' (granpa) in Patna though needless to say its also my daily drive when I'm in town

And yes I somewhat agree, I could have bought the M - Sport as well but I the painted plastic parts makes it look more 'estately' then SAV / SUV which it pretty well succeeds in looking in the x-line avatar. As for the tires, I have put in tire stickers and they are stock RFTs which I wont be changing as they are covered under insurance.
I can't afford the M-sport :( though the only thing I like extra on that is the the nav. system. I can only afford the sDrive. I think I will retain my Grand Vitara and use it for the rainy season. Looking forward to book mine during the Diwali season. Have a great drive, I love the car.

Wish you and your "Nanu" tonnes of safe miles.

PS. Just noticed the extra White cladding on the m-Sport...
Cheers,

Last edited by nanu28 : 6th July 2016 at 22:32.
Old 6th July 2016, 22:46   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Nice! Congratulations!

I see the colour is Mineral White and not Alpine White which is the case with most other BMW models. Mineral white is metallic whereas Alpine white is just a pure white non metallic paint. I love those alloys too. What is the interior colour combo?

Thanks. Yes it is Mineral white which actually looks better than Alpine IMHO. The interior is black and Canberra Beige including the upholstery, which I actually wanted to be Mocha or black. Yes the alloys are really classy compared to the Xdrive. Some of the other cool features include a larger screen with Navigation, leather seats with extra thigh support, heads up display that is super cool to use and the Msport steering wheel that is really sporty looking.
Old 6th July 2016, 23:24   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post
I can't afford the M-sport :( though the only thing I like extra on that is the the nav. system. I can only afford the sDrive. I think I will retain my Grand Vitara and use it for the rainy season. Looking forward to book mine during the Diwali season. Have a great drive, I love the car.

Wish you and your "Nanu" tonnes of safe miles.

PS. Just noticed the extra White cladding on the m-Sport...
Cheers,
Haha thanks You should expect good deals around Diwali too. My personal suggestion would be you go for xDrive as the system is really quick to react and already tested in the outskirts of the city within a week of delivery. IMHO, a 40L+ SUV which is not really a complete SUV from inside isn't something I'd suggest. All the best with the buying decision.
Old 7th July 2016, 21:08   #149
BHPian

guys, any idea if there is a possibility to squeeze out some discounts/freebies with the new X1? Planning to get the expedition (base) model. Thanks!
Old 7th July 2016, 21:21   #150
BHPian

Quote:
My personal suggestion would be you go for xDrive as the system is really quick to react and already tested in the outskirts of the city within a week of delivery. IMHO, a 40L+ SUV which is not really a complete SUV from inside isn't something I'd suggest.
What was your impression about the ground clearance? Is it adequate?. 165mm in the spec really puzzles me.
Question in my mind is, why should I spend few lakhs extra on xDrive if I can't even get the car out of tarmac.
I am yet to test drive X1, so my comment is merely based on spec and experience with other cars with similar ground clearance.
May be an initial ownership review from you would convince me

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks