Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2016, 22:45   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
My xLine xDrive in Patna.... Got it delivered last week.... Overall pretty impressed with the car, chose it over 2L X3, RR Evoque and Q5

Attachment 1524111

Have not had much time to spend on the car, but was curious to know how is the BMW logo getting projected from the door on the floor? Where is the setting for that?

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th July 2016 at 16:16. Reason: Shortening quoted post...
Old 8th July 2016, 01:05   #152
BHPian

Re: Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

is it possible to purchase 6 years extended warranty without opting for any BSI pack?

BMW website says "BMW Extended Warranty can be combined with all BMW Service Inclusive packages. It cannot be ordered separately", but the dealership told me otherwise. Am I missing something?
Old 8th July 2016, 16:08   #153
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
is it possible to purchase 6 years extended warranty without opting for any BSI pack?

BMW website says "BMW Extended Warranty can be combined with all BMW Service Inclusive packages. It cannot be ordered separately", but the dealership told me otherwise. Am I missing something?
Extended warranty can definitely be bought separately. I suggest you send a mail to BMW, who will take care of the dealership.

On another note - I saw the X1 M sport today in estoril blue. Wow it looks great, and this would certainly be my pick if I were buying an X1.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 16:17   #154
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
...curious to know how is the BMW logo getting projected from the door on the floor? Where is the setting for that?
Probably something like this : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3988826
Old 8th July 2016, 18:15   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Extended warranty can definitely be bought separately. I suggest you send a mail to BMW, who will take care of the dealership.

On another note - I saw the X1 M sport today in estoril blue. Wow it looks great, and this would certainly be my pick if I were buying an X1.
Estoril Blue was my initial choice when I saw reviews and Pictures. However, I did not like it as much when I saw it live and for my wife it was strict No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Ok, this is an accessory. I thought it maybe inbuilt. Anyways, if it is an accessory, I would stay away from it as it looks too tacky IMHO.
Old 8th July 2016, 21:52   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

A really punishing review by Jeremy Clarkson on the new X1. I was excited about the car but sobered down quite a bit after reading this.
The Clarkson review: 2016 BMW X1 xDrive25d
http://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews...-x1-xdrive25d/
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 22:31   #157
BHPian

Even the US review hasn't favored X1 much. It is the xDrive 28i though.

I kind of got my answer on xDrive from the various video reviews in youtube and Jeremy Clarkson's review.
sj_koova is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 22:56   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Have not had much time to spend on the car, but was curious to know how is the BMW logo getting projected from the door on the floor? Where is the setting for that?
It's OEM LED door projector which replaces the puddle lamps on the door. Costed me 22k for a set of 4. Just incase you'd be interested to get it the part number is 63312414105. Needless to say, cheap knock-offs are available on eBay and aliexpress for 5k a pair but no clue how the quality is and also the OEM one has 4 changeable images - BMW lettering, BMW Logo, X Logo and ///M logo. Hope this helps
Old 8th July 2016, 23:22   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Well, it is BMW's official website that created this confusion by saying "BMW Extended Warranty extends your statutory right to claim for vehicle defects, meaning that you can submit claims even after the initial period of 24 months. If repairs are necessary within the agreed duration/mileage, the costs are covered. BMW Extended Warranty can be combined with all BMW Service Inclusive packages. It cannot be ordered separately."

Quote:
While I really like MSport features, it is way out of my budget.
Old 8th July 2016, 23:48   #160
BHPian

While the new X1 is pretty good as a car, I am just not getting a premium experience from BMW. Infact it has been pathetic compared to my past experience with Maruti/Ford/Fiat. Here are a few things that didn't go well so far:

1. Spec sheet hard copy given by the dealer clearly said Mineral White color option was available for all variants. But when I was about to book the car, I was told that it was an error and Mineral White is reserved for M Sport variant. I understand that errors can happen, but I felt that this was way too basic to be missed.

2. BMW's website claims that extended warranty cannot be ordered separately(http://www.bmw.in/en/topics/owners/s...ml%C2%A0%C2%A0), whereas the dealership is happy to sell the extended warranty separately without BSI. I emailed BMW a couple of days back asking for clarification and I am yet to get a response from them.

3. BMW dealership wants me to pay for the temporary registration at Chennai before moving the car to my city (Coimbatore) for permanent registration. According to the dealership, this is because BMW doesn't include Coimbatore as its billing point. Infact the dealership went on to add that Merc has Coimbatore as one of its billing point and their cars don't need a temporary registration. In spite of having a dealership at Coimbatore, I don't know why BMW doesn't bother to include Coimbatore as its point of billing. It just doesn't make sense for a customer to pay extra for BMW's deficiency.

4. On top of this, BMW dealership has quoted Rs.42,000 for temporary registration at Chennai. When I checked the Tamilnadu RTO website (http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/eng%20cc/rc1.html), it clearly says that the temporary registration costs around 2% of life time tax. Life time tax for X1 expedition works out to Rs.4,66,473 and I am not able to understand why I am supposed to pay a lot more than 2% (~Rs.9500) for temporary registration.

I am really hoping that BMW has some reasonable explanation for my concerns.
Old 9th July 2016, 07:53   #161
BHPian

Quote:
While the new X1 is pretty good as a car, I am just not getting a premium experience from BMW. Infact it has been pathetic compared to my past experience with Maruti/Ford/Fiat. Here are a few things that didn't go well so far:

1. Spec sheet hard copy given by the dealer clearly said Mineral White color option was available for all variants. But when I was about to book the car, I was told that it was an error and Mineral White is reserved for M Sport variant. I understand that errors can happen, but I felt that this was way too basic to be missed.

I had a similar experience on Color. When I initially saw the vehicle brochure, it said MSport was available in all Colors and so booked the Mediterranean blue. For 2 weeks there was no news and then when I enquired, he said that BMW says the MSport only comes in Estoril blue and Mineral White. I was really frustrated with this and raised a hue and cry with the dealer. The dealer said that the brochure provided was an international one and in India only limited Colors were available. I then looked at multiple reviews and videos and was satisfied on Mineral white's looks and thus switched to that. There is a lot of information gap with these dealers or BMW is not sharing enough with the dealers I presume. Mineral white actually looks very good compared to Alpine IMHO.
Old 9th July 2016, 09:41   #162
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer said that the brochure provided was an international one and in India only limited Colors were available. I then looked at multiple reviews and videos and was satisfied on Mineral white's looks and thus switched to that. There is a lot of information gap with these dealers or BMW is not sharing enough with the dealers I presume. Mineral white actually looks very good compared to Alpine IMHO.
I received the very same answer from my dealer. But the spec sheet clearly said BMW India at the top. So it is an Indian specific one and it is clearly an error on BMW's part. For a premium company like BMW, I don't think it is acceptable if they print some misleading information on their spec sheet. In fact BMW website's X1 spec sheet has finally got updated, but the dealers are still circulating the erroneous one.

I shot an email to BMW India a couple of days back expressing all my concerns about the poor pre-sales experience. I haven't got any clarification or explanation from BMW until this moment. Based on my experience so far, I am getting a feeling that the after sales experience is going to be a nightmare - especially if I am going to retain the car for 10 years.

Last edited by ece2k2 : 9th July 2016 at 09:45.
Old 9th July 2016, 11:50   #163
BHPian

Quote:
For a premium company like BMW, I don't think it is acceptable if they print some misleading information on their spec sheet. In fact BMW website's X1 spec sheet has finally got updated, but the dealers are still circulating the erroneous one.

You would be surprised to know that BMW isn't the only one. If you see any of the Mercedes Brochures/online material they have the map of India totally wrong . They have Pune above Mumbai, Ahmedabad in Rajasthan somewhere. I even called up the dealer but they don't care. Its in all the printed materials. Mercedes brochures which have a spec sheet are also international version so sometimes the car you get skips on a few things. Go to the Mercedes website right now and you will see the India map totally wrong.
kartavya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 12:14   #164
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
My xLine xDrive in Patna.... Got it delivered last week.... Overall pretty impressed with the car, chose it over 2L X3, RR Evoque and Q5
Many congratulations for the xLine xDrive sir ji. Looks lovely !

Which dealership did you get the car from? BMW Lucknow, BMW Kolkata or BMW Ranchi? If it is from BMW Ranchi, then would like to know the sales experience as the dealership is new in Ranchi at the moment.
Old 16th July 2016, 23:39   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
You would be surprised to know that BMW isn't the only one.
BMW went ahead and fixed the webpage

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks