Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2016, 08:54   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvluv View Post
So after many months of deliberation and consideration finally booked a X1.
Congrats

Quote:
there was a tough fight in the end between Q3 and X1, but X1's space and feel made it for me. though Q3 was also very close since the price with discount was very attractive.
The discount is attractive as the model is being discontinued and the new Q3 is coming.

Quote:
next began the dilemma between the expedition and the sDrive. currently booked a expedition let the mind win over heart this time. will take delivery in the 2nd week of Jan mostly.
I would say expedition. You can buy an Expedition and for around 2.25 L the dealer will swap the wheels and paint the back parts to silver and it will look like a S-Line. However you will still miss out on the Sunroof, Ambient lighting, Paddle shifters and electrically folding seats. So if you can afford, spend the extra money and get the S-Line.

Quote:
Just a question, has any one changed the tyres and feed back of the same. I have gone through all the threads while there has been talks about the change I did not see any feedback on some one who has actually changed.
Are you referring to changing the tyres to normal tubeless?
Old 30th December 2016, 09:01   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Congrats

Thanks
Quote:
The discount is attractive as the model is being discontinued and the new Q3 is coming.
yes the discounts really made it value for money, but like you mentioned the model being discontinued also weighed heavily on the mind.

Quote:
I would say expedition. You can buy an Expedition and for around 2.25 L the dealer will swap the wheels and paint the back parts to silver and it will look like a S-Line. However you will still miss out on the Sunroof, Ambient lighting, Paddle shifters and electrically folding seats. So if you can afford, spend the extra money and get the S-Line.
Agree, like it said money is not an issue but spending extra 6 lacs for these did not appeal to the mind. the heart is a different matter altogether. I am still contemplating to switch to the S-Line. lets see if the heart wins or the mind.

Quote:
Are you referring to changing the tyres to normal tubeless?
yes, I am referring to the tyre change from RFT to tubeless.

Last edited by nvluv : 30th December 2016 at 09:04.
Old 30th December 2016, 09:02   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Damn, you beat me to it. I just copied the Bavasound link and was about to post it along with my query and what do I see? .......However the dealer told me not to waste money on it. The did it for one of the customers (320D) and he was so disappointed that he wanted to return it.
My SA still tells me the speakers are HK but I don't find it that impressive. I am holding my plan because yet to find a feedback from India. There is also another catch in the form of customs and duty. Usual table shows around $300 as duty but it's a highly unreliable figure as any other thing in our country. Few US forums tell it won't be a huge upgrade although we are spending a lot.
Quote:
Just a question, has any one changed the tyres and feed back of the same. I have gone through all the threads while there has been talks about the change I did not see any feedback on some one who has actually changed.
You don't need to. RFTs are good and you won't even feel the difference. So why all the hassle ?
Old 30th December 2016, 09:11   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
My SA still tells me the speakers are HK but I don't find it that impressive. I am holding my plan because yet to find a feedback from India. There is also another catch in the form of customs and duty. Usual table shows around $300 as duty but it's a highly unreliable figure as any other thing in our country. Few US forums tell it won't be a huge upgrade although we are spending a lot.

You don't need to. RFTs are good and you won't even feel the difference. So why all the hassle ?
The only reason I was thinking of the same was due to the ride comfort. given that the expedition has a smaller rim I could go for a size upgrade and from what I read the ride comfort would be at a different level altogether.
Old 30th December 2016, 10:37   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only reason I was thinking of the same was due to the ride comfort. given that the expedition has a smaller rim I could go for a size upgrade and from what I read the ride comfort would be at a different level altogether.
I am of the opinion a 17 inch or 18 inch wont make any difference in our country where 80% of the roads are pot holed, unscientific and non existent. I must also add, I have taken my X1 to the worst roads in Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala including unpaved village roads without any shape or levelling. Only a tire dealer can convince you on the 'dreamy' and 'extra smooth' drive on the potential upgrade, because he is the only one who will benefit from your upgrade

Here is my machine completing 3 months, run-in period completing !
Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-bmwx1-copy.jpg

Last edited by shajufx : 30th December 2016 at 10:43.
shajufx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 11:38   #216
BHPian

thanks shaju for your reply and congratulations on completing 3 months.
Old 30th December 2016, 18:57   #217
BHPian

Quote:
So after many months of deliberation and consideration finally booked a X1. there was a tough fight in the end between Q3 and X1, but X1's space and feel made it for me.
Congrats!! I'm also comparing the x1 with the q3 but agree that x1 wins hands down on the space and feel. If it's not too much, can you share what kind of discounts you were getting for both. Even though I see you're in Mumbai, and I'm in Delhi, it will give me an idea of what to expect. I'm currently getting about 4.25 lacs on the x1 for sline and I think 5 lacs for the q3 premium
Thanks
Old 31st December 2016, 11:45   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsoboy View Post
Congrats!! I'm also comparing the x1 with the q3 but agree that x1 wins hands down on the space and feel. If it's not too much, can you share what kind of discounts you were getting for both. Even though I see you're in Mumbai, and I'm in Delhi, it will give me an idea of what to expect. I'm currently getting about 4.25 lacs on the x1 for sline and I think 5 lacs for the q3 premium
Thanks
Hi, around 4 for x1 expedition and 8 for Q3 premium with sunroof. these are from on road cost perspective.
Old 31st December 2016, 11:53   #219
BHPian

Quote:
So after many months of deliberation and consideration finally booked a X1. there was a tough fight in the end between Q3 and X1, but X1's space and feel made it for me. though Q3 was also very close since the price with discount was very attractive. next began the dilemma between the expedition and the sDrive. currently booked a expedition let the mind win over heart this time. will take delivery in the 2nd week of Jan mostly.

Good choice. Congrats on your booking. Actually in my opinion there is no comparison between Q3 and X1. X1 wins hands down. The drive and handling are much better. The Q3 may score slightly more only in interior quality and that too only marginally. BMW has improved its interior design and quality in X1. I don't think you need to worry about the tyres for now. The RFts are good though slightly on the noisier side.
Old 31st December 2016, 12:15   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Good choice. Congrats on your booking. Actually in my opinion there is no comparison between Q3 and X1. X1 wins hands down. The drive and handling are much better. The Q3 may score slightly more only in interior quality and that too only marginally. BMW has improved its interior design and quality in X1. I don't think you need to worry about the tyres for now. The RFts are good though slightly on the noisier side.
thanks, Actually road noise is the major reason I plan to change the tyre. the added bonus would be the comfort. Also given that there is a spare tyre there should be no problems.
Old 31st December 2016, 13:02   #221
BHPian

Quote:
thanks, Actually road noise is the major reason I plan to change the tyre. the added bonus would be the comfort. Also given that there is a spare tyre there should be no problems.

Still it is not worth changing the tyres as the RFTs are safer. Besides the spare tyre is pretty much useless being a space saver of 135/90R18 profile. You may not gain much by swapping tyres is what I feel.
Old 31st December 2016, 13:29   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
....Besides the spare tyre is pretty much useless being a space saver of 135/90R18 profile. You may not gain much by swapping tyres is what I feel.
Fello BHPian. Hold that comment till such time you actually use the space saver tyre at the time when it is truly needed. I travelled with my 7 years old daughter from Delhi to Lucknow. Had a flat midway. Drove to a safe spot, switched the space saver, got the puncture fixed and swapped at my convenience. Not a sweat.

It's practical and it's reasonable. Rest we can always debate.
Old 31st December 2016, 14:33   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
Fello BHPian. Hold that comment till such time you actually use the space saver tyre at the time when it is truly needed. I travelled with my 7 years old daughter from Delhi to Lucknow. Had a flat midway. Drove to a safe spot, switched the space saver, got the puncture fixed and swapped at my convenience. Not a sweat.

It's practical and it's reasonable. Rest we can always debate.

Thanks dude. Happy to note that it is of practical value, though hope not to encounter a Similar situation
Old 4th January 2017, 08:21   #224
Senior - BHPian

Took delivery of my X1 yesterday. Was too late to take snaps so will do that shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I got a 3D black mat from Amazon and it gels well with the shape of the floor.
Can you post a link and some photos.
Old 4th January 2017, 08:34   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of my X1 yesterday. Was too late to take snaps so will do that shortly. Can you post a link and some photos.
Congrats and welcome to the club. I picked from here : Santech Trading 3D Car Foot Mat {Black} Floor Mats and Santech Trading Logo Keyring for BMW X1 https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01N08J34M/..._gvgBybWCZVPSS
I didn't like their name plate on the driver side mat, was easy to remove.
shajufx is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks