Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2017, 12:06   #226
BHPian

Re: Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Not sure about the maxpider, but someone who has them saw mine and said its very much similar quality. Silver plate can be removed, I find it as a nice touch at the same time giving an extra grip to my shoe while driving and protecting that area which has the maximum foot movements. Dealer charges around 10k for the plain rubber mats which is not even 3D.
Thanks Shajufx, while booking the car, I had told the dealer to provide me rubber mats as well, however they gave me universal rubber mats, not customised ones. They look cheap and don't fit the front two sides at all. They were quite big. I did get the original fabric mats though.

I had a couple of other concerns:

1. I noticed the front passenger side seat belt warning sound does not engage. Is it the same with you ? I have the Sdrive Xline variant.

2. I could not locate a boot lid opener button inside the driver cabin. Do you have to use the key fob every time you want to open the boot from Inside ?

Anyone else with the Sdrive Xline version having the same issues can please share your thoughts.

Thanks !
Old 31st January 2017, 12:21   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aypatel View Post
.....they gave me universal rubber mats, not customised ones.
1. I noticed the front passenger side seat belt warning
2. I could not locate a boot lid opener button inside
Rubber mats given by the dealer is a waste of money, it does not serve any purpose. I dont find any passenger side belt warning. Its only for the driver. There is no boot lid open button inside, you have to unlock the car from driver side and use the boot handle itself to open, or the key button. I understand these things are missing only in the Indian version, whereas global versions come with rear camera, boot close button and many other things which are not even available here as option.
Old 31st January 2017, 13:24   #228
VSD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aypatel View Post
I had a couple of other concerns:

1. I noticed the front passenger side seat belt warning sound does not engage. Is it the same with you ? I have the Sdrive Xline variant.

Thanks !
Most CKD variants by BMW do not have seat belt warning system for passenger side seats. I had the 325i CBU and it had the warning sound for passenger seat whereas my 525d didn't.
VSD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 17:52   #229

Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1485865316.895814.jpg
Here is the first picture of my X1
Arunkcv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 09:08   #230
Senior - BHPian

Last weekend drive to the Hills, 10 hairpin bends, foggy morning with drizzle, X1 did an excellent job, never realized I reached the top quicker than ever Falling in love with this machine as days pass !
Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-img_9408.jpg

Last edited by shajufx : 1st February 2017 at 09:09.
shajufx is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 01:07   #231
BHPian

Hi, Can anyone please confirm the true ground clearance of the new X1. Some places mention it as 165 and other 183 mm. Confusion that companies in India are now actually reporting lower GC than actual for excise / tax benefit.

Also is the M sports version lower than the X Line / Expedition version or all versions of X1 being offered in India have same GC? Thanks.
Old 14th February 2017, 09:06   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackyash View Post
Hi, Can anyone please confirm the true ground clearance ...165 and other 183 mm......companies in India are now actually reporting lower GC than actual for excise / tax benefit. Also is the M sports version lower than the X Line.....
I had the same confusion last year as indian review sites have multiple numbers mentioned, most of them have messed up the GC of the new and previous X1. All the variants of the 2016 X1 in India has 165mm GC and every spec like CC, BHP, body dimension etc are all the same across variants. Why would a company show lower than actual GC ? What tax benefit they get by doing that ? If that is the criteria, Endeavour, Fortuner etc would be the highest tax and Lambos and Ferraris would be the lowest tax
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 17:42   #233
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod: Some extended discussion on the aftermarket 3D floormats has been moved to this thread (3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats).
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2017, 21:23   #234
BHPian

Hi all, just an update for prospective buyers. MY17 models of the X1 (X-line upwards) now come with a reversing camera with obstacle tracking.(Not sure about Expedition).

Could someone upload a picture of the 7th Speaker on the Dash? I TD'd a MY17 vehicle and believe BMW may have cut corners on the system to make space (cost-wise) for the camera as there isn't a price hike as such.
sidparekh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 08:06   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidparekh View Post
Hi all, just an update for prospective buyers. MY17 models of the X1 (X-line upwards) now come with a reversing camera with obstacle tracking.(Not sure about Expedition).

Could someone upload a picture of the 7th Speaker on the Dash? I TD'd a MY17 vehicle and believe BMW may have cut corners on the system to make space (cost-wise) for the camera as there isn't a price hike as such.
Did your test drive car have the camera? I just took delivery of mine on 1st Mar and it didn't come with a cam. It's a sdrive xline Feb'17 manufacturing. Unless they've added it x drive onwards.
Ill check with my dealer anyway. Any idea I'd they will offer it as an accessory now?
Old 12th March 2017, 09:07   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsoboy View Post
Did your test drive car have the camera? I just took delivery of mine on 1st Mar and it didn't come with a cam. It's a sdrive xline Feb'17 manufacturing. Unless they've added it x drive onwards.
Ill check with my dealer anyway. Any idea I'd they will offer it as an accessory now?
Yes, the Sdrive XLine I drove had a camera. Navnit Malad is the dealer.

If you don't mind sharing, what kind of deal did you get on yours?
Old 12th March 2017, 09:18   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the Sdrive XLine I drove had a camera. Navnit Malad is the dealer.

If you don't mind sharing, what kind of deal did you get on yours?
I had got about 3.75 off, but that was after a lot of haggling over 2 months. I thought I got a good deal but now I feel short changed
I'm in Delhi and picked up from bird auto gurgaon
Old 12th March 2017, 09:51   #238
BHPian

Quote:

There is rear camera on sDrive xLine. The latest production. But the price also goes up for that spec by 80,000 rupees.

So, no cutting corners. Only charging the end user
Old 13th March 2017, 15:51   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all, just an update for prospective buyers. MY17 models of the X1 (X-line upwards) now come with a reversing camera with obstacle tracking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
There is rear camera on sDrive xLine. The latest production. But the price also goes up for that spec by 80,000 rupees.
I tried looking at BMW India website and there is no information about Reverse Camera in Specification Sheet and price hike in Price List. November 2016 updated.

Does anyone of you have updated specification sheet and price list?

X1 missed out on Reverse Parking camera and CarPlay. Two features I wanted most.
Old 15th March 2017, 09:52   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
I tried looking at BMW India website and there is no information about Reverse Camera in Specification Sheet and price hike in Price List. November 2016 updated.

Does anyone of you have updated specification sheet and price list?

X1 missed out on Reverse Parking camera and CarPlay. Two features I wanted most.
No update on the website, nor do the showrooms have the updated literature.

Regarding price, I wouldn't go by the price list on BMW's website. Dealers have a fresh one from Feb 2017.

About the 7th speaker, I have my doubts, as I couldn't spot the speaker grill. It looked a lot like the Expedition interior with a flat surface with just two vents at the side.

Last edited by sidparekh : 15th March 2017 at 10:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks