Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2017, 11:32   #241
BHPian

Re: Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

There was somebody here who had mentioned an option similar to the Pearl rear view camera buy at half the price. Can you share the details please

Last edited by fatsoboy : 16th March 2017 at 11:43. Reason: Wrongly submitted the post. It was a old post
Old 16th March 2017, 11:59   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsoboy View Post
There was somebody here who had mentioned an option similar to the Pearl rear view camera buy at half the price. Can you share the details please
Who it can be other than me ? That was on another thread though !
Hang on for couple of months, there are many brands coming up with wireless rear view cameras in the market. Its just matter of time, we will have multiple choices.
This Link will show you something for $250
Old 8th April 2017, 20:31   #243
BHPian

I noticed recently that the velor mats are wet on both front sides post a long drive with AC's on once the ignition is off? I noticed it twice ..... Does any of the new X1 owners face similar issue?
Old 12th April 2017, 13:59   #244

Seems like the xDrive20d xLine variant has been taken down silently by BMW India. Couldn't find this variant on the Official website.
Maybe the variant was eating into the sales of the xDrive20d M Sport.
We were in the market for a German AWD compact SUV and were locking in at BMW X1 xDrive20d xLine. Suddenly Audi Q3 2.0 TDI Quattro looks like a better deal considering the price difference.
NBpolo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2017, 13:27   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBpolo View Post
Seems like the xDrive20d xLine variant has been taken down silently by BMW India. Couldn't find this variant on the Official website..
Hmm interesting information.. it is missing in the specification pdf also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
I tried looking at BMW India website and there is no information about Reverse Camera in Specification Sheet and price hike in Price List. November 2016 updated.

Does anyone of you have updated specification sheet and price list?
The latest specification downloaded as of 14th April shows rear view camera for all variants including sDrive. Of course, as mentioned above XDrive xline is missing completely.
Old 17th April 2017, 12:43   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidparekh View Post
Hi all, just an update for prospective buyers. MY17 models of the X1 (X-line upwards) now come with a reversing camera with obstacle tracking.(Not sure about Expedition).

Could someone upload a picture of the 7th Speaker on the Dash? I TD'd a MY17 vehicle and believe BMW may have cut corners on the system to make space (cost-wise) for the camera as there isn't a price hike as such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidparekh View Post
About the 7th speaker, I have my doubts, as I couldn't spot the speaker grill. It looked a lot like the Expedition interior with a flat surface with just two vents at the side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
The latest specification downloaded as of 14th April shows rear view camera for all variants including sDrive. Of course, as mentioned above XDrive xline is missing completely.
As I suspected, now only the MSport variant gets the 7 speaker HiFi system with 205 Watt output. The center speaker has been deleted on the XLine in lieu of the reversing cam, while increasing prices.
sidparekh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 13:06   #247
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Anyone replaced Run Flat Tyres on the new X1 to regular tyres ? I had a few concerns:

1 How does the ride, handling and suspension differ if the change is made ?

2 Road Noise ?

3 Do you need to replace alloys as well to change to regular tyre ?

4 I believe Run Flats cannot be fixed once punctured and you need to replace
the tyre itself. If so, the new tyre will mismatch with the old ones.

5 I have the BMW Secure Advance Package for tyres as well which comes with
Pirellis written on it. Will this void the warranty ? Can it be changed to include
the new tyres as well ? I also believe with the tyre package, they install brand
new tyres of the same type if the wear is about 50 %. Not sure However.

I would really appreciate any inputs from the guys that have gone through with this.

Thanks !
Old 2nd May 2017, 20:11   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Same status quo with me as well ....I was thinking it is due to boot door not getting closed properly .... I too removed all luggage except spare wheel .... there was still rattling sound behind! Of late, there is no sound and we could not narrow the source yet!
Hi, were you able to figure out where that sound was coming from. I'm also getting a metallic sound from the rear of the car. It's only on bad roads. Nothing seems to be loose in the boot area
Old 2nd May 2017, 20:18   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsoboy View Post
Hi, were you able to figure out where that sound was coming from. I'm also getting a metallic sound from the rear of the car. It's only on bad roads. Nothing seems to be loose in the boot area
This is been discussed even in the international forums without any solution so far. I explained this to the service guys, they said few other models have similar sound too, high probability to the shock absorbers. As you said, its only on the bad patches. Sometimes its so irritating, I am just ignoring it till the first service
Old 10th May 2017, 14:17   #250
BHPian

Hi, I have noticed that the tyre lose pressure incase the car is not used for some time. in my case since I use it on weekends only I observe that the tyre lose pressure in about 2 weeks at the rate of about 1 Psi per week.

has any one else also faced a similar issue.
Old 10th May 2017, 19:00   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvluv View Post
....I use it on weekends only I observe that the tyre lose pressure in about 2 weeks at the rate of about 1 Psi per week..
My usage is same pattern, I find the 1 PSI per week is very normal, afterall around 1500 kgs are resting on those rubber whole week

I got a minor cut on my index finger while readjusting and pulling the floor mat backwards an inch. Its caused by the seat rail (metal track on the floor). Interestingly, driver side right rail front end has a rubber cap, left rail is open with sharp edge. Even under the passenger seat, one side rubber cap is missing !! Could anyone re-confirm this please ?
Old 10th May 2017, 19:38   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvluv View Post
Hi, I have noticed that the tyre lose pressure incase the car is not used for some time. in my case since I use it on weekends only I observe that the tyre lose pressure in about 2 weeks at the rate of about 1 Psi per week.

has any one else also faced a similar issue.
Since I'm currently sailing, my wife takes out the X1 once in a while and she was complaining of the same issue. I'll be talking to the dealer to try and figure out.

Edit: Did you reset the pressure alarm? My wife had taken the car to fill air and they said it was ok. Apparently she didn't reset it after refilling it the last time when the pressure was actually low.

Last edited by pedrolourenco : 10th May 2017 at 19:47.
Old 11th May 2017, 13:42   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

My answers are mentioned below in bold text

Quote:
Originally Posted by aypatel View Post
Hi Guys,

Anyone replaced Run Flat Tyres on the new X1 to regular tyres ?Don't have a x1 but have done this in the past on my 5 series

1 How does the ride, handling and suspension differ if the change is made ? Ride is more comfortable as suspension is noticeably softer, handling remains unchanged

2 Road Noise ? Lower with tubeless

3 Do you need to replace alloys as well to change to regular tyre ? No

4 I believe Run Flats cannot be fixed once punctured and you need to replace
the tyre itself. If so, the new tyre will mismatch with the old ones. Not true. Runflats can be repaired exactly as a puncture is repaired in a tubeless

5 I have the BMW Secure Advance Package for tyres as well which comes with
Pirellis written on it. Will this void the warranty ? Can it be changed to include
the new tyres as well ? I also believe with the tyre package, they install brand
new tyres of the same type if the wear is about 50 %. Not sure However.Not very sure on this, speak to your dealer for clarity. once you switch to tubeless don't renew the secure tyre package
Old 14th May 2017, 11:10   #254
BHPian

Along with the launch of the 330i in the 3-Series guise, BMW has also launched a PETROL X1, the XLine sDrive20i. Prices and specs are up on the BMW webpage. Priced at par with the 20d.

I hardly see anyone opting for this over the 20d, unless refinement is a priority, or bumper discounts are available like on the 320i.
sidparekh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2017, 12:40   #255
Distinguished - BHPian

BMW seems to have launched the petrol version of the X1 in the s-drive (2WD) guise silently. Powered by a lesser tune of the petrol engine (191 hp, 280NM) compared to 330i.

Priced at 35.75 Lacs ex-showroom, same as the s-line Diesel.

http://www.bmw.in/content/dam/bmw/ma...-%20Petrol.pdf
84.monsoon is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks