Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2017, 12:52   #256
BANNED

Re: Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
BMW seems to have launched the petrol version of the X1 in the s-drive (2WD) guise silently. Powered by a lesser tune of the petrol engine (191 hp, 280NM) compared to 330i.

Priced at 35.75 Lacs ex-showroom, same as the s-line Diesel.

http://www.bmw.in/content/dam/bmw/ma...-%20Petrol.pdf
Yup, its mentioned in the price list too, its in the xLine sDrive. As i see, the 330i is priced cheaper than a 320d, don't see why now bmw is asking the same for an 20i X1 as the 20d. If they could have put in the 30i at the same price, or the 20i at a cheaper price, it could have been more competitive. Obviously this has been brought in, because GLA and Q3 both have petrol engines now, but in their case they are at least cheaper than the diesel counterparts.

I would have expected a prestige 20i variant near 29 lakhs.But sadly bmw messes up the pricing always. But then again, you can just wait a couple of months for massive discounts
Old 18th May 2017, 17:40   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Since I'm currently sailing, my wife takes out the X1 once in a while and she was complaining of the same issue. I'll be talking to the dealer to try and figure out.

Edit: Did you reset the pressure alarm? My wife had taken the car to fill air and they said it was ok. Apparently she didn't reset it after refilling it the last time when the pressure was actually low.

Hi,

yes you have to reset the tyre pressure to remove the alarm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
My usage is same pattern, I find the 1 PSI per week is very normal, afterall around 1500 kgs are resting on those rubber whole week

I got a minor cut on my index finger while readjusting and pulling the floor mat backwards an inch. Its caused by the seat rail (metal track on the floor). Interestingly, driver side right rail front end has a rubber cap, left rail is open with sharp edge. Even under the passenger seat, one side rubber cap is missing !! Could anyone re-confirm this please ?
Hi,
thanks for your revert, would not expect this behavior. Will talk to the service advisor and update here. shaju will check the left rail and confirm in a day or 2.

Last edited by ajmat : 6th July 2017 at 21:45.
Old 19th May 2017, 14:22   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Yup, its mentioned in the price list too, its in the xLine sDrive. As i see, the 330i is priced cheaper than a 320d, don't see why now bmw is asking the same for an 20i X1 as the 20d. If they could have put in the 30i at the same price, or the 20i at a cheaper price, it could have been more competitive. Obviously this has been brought in, because GLA and Q3 both have petrol engines now, but in their case they are at least cheaper than the diesel counterparts.
330i is more expensive than the 320D. The 320i was on par with the 320D and that is what BMW has done again with the X1.
Old 21st May 2017, 00:42   #259
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
330i is more expensive than the 320D. The 320i was on par with the 320D and that is what BMW has done again with the X1.
No actually the current 330i is cheaper than the 320d (I'm referring to the sedan, not the GT)

The sport line is priced same and the M sport is 30k cheaper
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2017, 11:23   #260
BHPian

Quote:
No actually the current 330i is cheaper than the 320d (I'm referring to the sedan, not the GT)

330i (sedan) sports line has sensatec seats. 320d (sedan) sports line has dakota leather seats.
The price of 330i is 30k cheaper than the 320d sports line, and the BMW leather seat option is more than 30K (in other markets). Hence, the 330i is slightly expensive than 320d.
Old 21st May 2017, 11:36   #261
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
330i (sedan) sports line has sensatec seats. 320d (sedan) sports line has dakota leather seats.
The price of 330i is 30k cheaper than the 320d sports line, and the BMW leather seat option is more than 30K (in other markets). Hence, the 330i is slightly expensive than 320d.
I agree that it's missing the leather seats, but BMW India doesn't offer options here, so as per the available models these are priced at par IMO

So that makes me wish that the X1 20i was cheaper than the current price
Old 21st May 2017, 13:13   #262
BHPian

Quote:
I agree that it's missing the leather seats, but BMW India doesn't offer options here, so as per the available models these are priced at par IMO

So that makes me wish that the X1 20i was cheaper than the current price
I agree with you. I too expect the petrol variants should have been priced lower than the diesel models (For eg., 330i M sport edition is 1 lakh cheaper than 320d M sport; although I do not understand the difference in the features of 'edition' line up). But as you said in one of the previous posts that BMW messes up with the price, I too believe the same.
Fstlndrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 15:21   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

You're right!

My bad - for some reason I wasn't thinking of the GT, but the 320D prices post those stupendous discounts
Old 5th June 2017, 14:39   #264
Senior - BHPian

Friends, this post is meant for owners with minor scratches and paint peel off. Its tough to drive around in a city like Bangalore without some 'kissing' or 'rubbing shoulders' on the move. I managed to drive my X1 (Mediterranean Blue) to a single road trip of 1400 kms in the first 15 days itself (Bangalore - Kottayam - Alleppey - Cochin). Fortunately it came back without a single mark anywhere inspite of having heavy road expansion works and piled up traffic in multiple areas.

My moment of 'scratch' came in the parking area of a city restaurant where extremely hungry people leave their cars without any discipline. I returned after lunch and saw a decent amount of scratch on the front left bumper with paint peeled off in different areas. I assume an innova type of vehicle reversing and landing on my bumper. Watch man had no clue as he has no idea on what is happening there anyway.

Although the peeled off area is black, it was an eye sore on close look. Someone suggested me TouchUp Direct and I ordered my paint (Essential package - Jar) from there https://touchupdirect.com/ It took 15 days to reach Bangalore. Package contains base coat (C10) and clear coat. I have already done the base coat few times. Had to order 2000 grit paper from Ebay to smoothen out the layers. It reached yesterday. After light wet sanding, I will apply the clear coat. As of now, it looks perfect even before the clear coat. My entire cost is under Rs.2500. BMW service centre would charge me over 10k for this. Even the multiple online paint touch up services within Bangalore has quoted 10k+. That would also mean leaving my car to their garage atleast 3 to 4 days.

I am happy with the decision to DIY on this matter. Hope it inspires someone as scratches are part of our city life these days
shajufx is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 08:31   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
I noticed recently that the velor mats are wet on both front sides post a long drive with AC's on once the ignition is off? I noticed it twice ..... Does any of the new X1 owners face similar issue?
Did my first service of X1 at EVM, Kochi. They attributed the issue to bending of AC outlet pipe. The issue was corrected during service and mats are not getting wet on both front sides.
Old 6th July 2017, 08:35   #266
BHPian

Has anyone seen an error message display "DriveDrain" on new BMW X1? I was driving and the message popped up suddenly and got cleared as soon as I re-started the vehicle ..... not sure of the reason! Have sent the details to BMW dealer - awaiting a response!

Has anyone seen a similar error message?

Last edited by GTO : 7th July 2017 at 09:22. Reason: typos
ecosport is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th July 2017, 11:10   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have anyone seen a error message display "DriveDrain" on new BMW X1?.......
Bending of AC outlet pipe, display of 'DriveDrain", what else is coming up from you ? Are you full time into off-roading Its good that you are posting them here, other members are informed that such things may pop up in certain conditions. But I am curious to know the "DriveDrain" thing !!

Update from me on the mileage: Its constantly under 12 kmpl for 3 months as shown on the dashboard, although the phone app is showing 10+ (city driving, medium to light traffic). Some of my neighbors recommended SHELL diesel on a regular basis than my present BP auto cut off method. Owners, could you throw some light on this ? Is it that kind of a difference from Shell fuel ? I have never been to Shell till date
Old 6th July 2017, 18:15   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did my first service of X1 at EVM, Kochi.
What was the cost of 1st service and what all parts did they change?

Was your X1 under BSI?
Old 6th July 2017, 20:28   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Have anyone seen a error message display "DriveDrain" on new BMW X1? I was driving and the message popped up suddenly and got cleared as soon as I re-started the vehicle ..... not sure of the reason! Have sent the details to BMW dealer - awaiting a response!

Have anyone seen a similar error message?
There was a gearbox software error. Try getting it reprogrammed. A standard solution (not hardware changes) exists with BMW.

Keep us posted.
Old 3rd August 2017, 23:16   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
What was the cost of 1st service and what all parts did they change?

Was your X1 under BSI?
Sorry for the late response ......
Total Cost of my X1 1st Service came to Rs.16,659/- (14,524.13 + Tax)
Oil Filter Change, Motor Oil Change done

Had a tough time to decide on BSI before 1st service .... Finally decided NOT to opt for BSI as my driving KMS is only within 10K a year!

Last edited by ecosport : 3rd August 2017 at 23:18. Reason: Did not answer 1 of the query

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks