Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2017, 23:33   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
No I have not received any such call as yet. Could you please update this after your check up on Monday?
I will update here. Please do a google on X1 airbag recall, you will find it in many places. Its all linked to the 2016 Model. Until I got a call from the dealer, I never knew about this, neither heard about it anywhere on this forum !!!

Issue diagnosed by the company is "unsure deployment of passenger airbag in case of an impact due to the design element used on the dashboard". The dealer told me its about the airbag sensor. I am sure they are playing it safe by neutralising the actual fault.
Old 11th September 2017, 22:30   #302
Senior - BHPian

Update on the "passenger airbag recall' so-called complementary service that costed me Rs.19500
Let me put the record straight : My ODO 4449 kms. First service is still showing another 6000 kms ahead on the display. Although nobody has reported here about such a recall or phone call from the dealer, I was bit surprised on the whole thing. Anyway, car was picked up at 8.30am and delivered back at 8.30pm. My invoice includes: Original Parts and Lubricants that is 14k+, Labor and Misc to 4k+ with a total of 19500 !!

Now coming to the actual feeling from a normal customer perspective : I dont care about how much they charge for things, because I did not buy a BMW in my sleep. I am even thinking of owning a Porsche within a year if I can convince my own brain over another brand in consideration. In this case, BMW should not have painted an image in my mind that they are doing a favor to me by offering a complementary check up and service. Airbag recall point is totally a mystery now, there is no details on the test nor the result. Body wash and waxing is done without any hint on those works to me. Because my car is mostly kept crisp and clean which do not call for a detailed cleaning and waxing within 4500 kms of running. Engine oil is changed, diesel addit is added, windshield washer is filled and I see a 2 litre concentrate in the boot. Nothing is free. Question is : Is there a hurry in changing all these when the ODO is half of its service requirement ?

I love to see dealers to be transparent about such things. We have a Ford since 2 years. Everything done on it is on paper and explained in plain language. Nothing is sold to us by the dealer nor such an attempt made till date. My bro-in-law had a 7 series few years back. His overall experience was very negative. I always thought his was a rare case, but with my 1st hand exposure, I feel they take lot of things for granted. Are they taking the customers for a ride ? May be I am very new to the brand to comment !!
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 12:08   #303
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Update on the "passenger airbag recall' so-called complementary service that costed me Rs.19500
Let me put the record straight : My ODO 4449 kms. First service is still showing another 6000 kms ahead on the display. Although nobody has reported here about such a recall or phone call from the dealer, I was bit surprised on the whole thing. Anyway, car was picked up at 8.30am and delivered back at 8.30pm. My invoice includes: Original Parts and Lubricants that is 14k+, Labor and Misc to 4k+ with a total of 19500 !!
If your idrive wasn't showing engine oil change due, then there is no way they can do it and charge you for it. Also the additives, and all the other stuff they are supposed to ask you before. Please write a mail to BMW India and push for a refund.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 12:27   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
....the additives, and all the other stuff they are supposed to ask you before. Please write a mail to BMW India and push for a refund.
I will do that. There is a clear writing on the fuel tank lid "no additives" and the dealer is including 4 cans (100ml each) in their invoice, thats totally weird ! I had a plan to fill Shell V power diesel every 5th tank-full and I did that last night. I will return the cans to the dealer
Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-add.jpeg
Old 12th September 2017, 12:37   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I will do that. There is a clear writing on the fuel tank lid "no additives" and the dealer is including 4 cans (100ml each) in their invoice, thats totally weird ! I had a plan to fill Shell V power diesel every 5th tank-full and I did that last night. I will return the cans to the dealer
Attachment 1675564
I think you should keep the additives. Though the tank says no additive , this is OE BMW diesel additive. The fuel we get in India is never 100% pure. It'll help clean the sludge and deposits. I've used up about 2 cans so far on my 30d. Using 1 can per 5,000 kms or so. It may be a placebo, but the engine does seem to run smoother when the additive is added. Shell V power is also additive mixed Diesel. BMW approved additive is better, no?

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 12th September 2017 at 12:40.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 12:48   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
....engine does seem to run smoother when the additive is added. Shell V power is also additive mixed Diesel. BMW approved additive is better, no?
Issue is, who is going to remember these intervals and use the cans accordingly ? I filled 41 liters of V-Power for Rs.2700 yesterday ! That lasts me over 30 days. Using these cans reminds me of the olden days of TVS Luna where the plastic sachet was cut and poured into the tiny tank before actual petrol was filled
Old 10th November 2017, 17:49   #307

Anyone here has got the X1 on operational lease? I am visiting the Bavaria BMW in Pune to take a test drive and discuss the lease financing option. Heads up from someone who has experience should help in negotiating a good deal.
Thank you in advance.
Old 5th December 2017, 12:54   #308
BHPian

hi guys!! have booked a BMW x1, got the vin today,its a sep 2017 manufactured car, is it ok to go ahead or is something fishy here.
Old 5th December 2017, 15:31   #309
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe loser View Post
hi guys!! have booked a BMW x1, got the vin today,its a sep 2017 manufactured car, is it ok to go ahead or is something fishy here.
What can be fishy about a Sep 2017 manufactured car? 2 months is not that far, or you think too new to be true?
Old 5th December 2017, 15:35   #310
BHPian

no was just thinking,members on this forum got a car manufactured in same month they booked,so was just wondering why there was a lag of 2months.
Old 3rd January 2018, 13:38   #311
BHPian

Hi Team, need help!
My Father is interested in the X1 Expedition. We have negotiated a decent deal (year end!) and have paid booking amount as well, but have kept on hold for few days.
His main concern is, since it is a Diesel, is it risky. With manufacturers moving to electric and hybrids, the fate of diesels? What can we expect say 5-6 years down the line (realistically)?
Also, service costs of the X1.
Any inputs appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 5th January 2018, 09:40   #312
BHPian

Hi All, I bought an X1 expedition as well and got the delivery yesterday. What other accessories have other owners put up on your cars?

I'm specifically interested in 2 things. First any side thing that can protect door impacts from next car in parking and secondly about the mats. BMW provided something but I'm sure it will become dirty very fast.

Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 10:10   #313
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
His main concern is, since it is a Diesel, is it risky. With manufacturers moving to electric and hybrids, the fate of diesels?
Relax - diesels aren't going anywhere. Even the city with the most stringent rules allows them for 10 years. Mumbai is nowhere as strict.

Go ahead, take delivery & enjoy.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 12:12   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
Hi Team, need help!
We have negotiated a decent deal (year end!) and have paid booking amount as well, but have kept on hold for few days.
Would you like to elaborate the deal you got?

Last edited by harshunlimited : 9th January 2018 at 12:14. Reason: Shortened quote
Old 21st January 2018, 16:00   #315
BHPian

Hi guys ,
Anyone know the location of the battery on the car ? And if it’s an AGM battery ? I have recently bought a battery charger and want to test it out
Thanks !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks