Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2018, 18:33   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Friends, whoever had reported a metal clanking noise from the boot earlier, is it resolved ? What was the cause and how did you solve the issue ? Reponses appreciated, I am almost getting sick of this noise on bad roads, also a bit embarassed when someone is travelling with me. This is an issue a car that costs less than 10% of X1 do not have !!!
Old 26th January 2018, 20:09   #317
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
If your idrive wasn't showing engine oil change due, then there is no way they can do it and charge you for it. Also the additives, and all the other stuff they are supposed to ask you before. Please write a mail to BMW India and push for a refund.
Exactly. This matches my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I will do that. There is a clear writing on the fuel tank lid "no additives" and the dealer is including 4 cans (100ml each) in their invoice, thats totally weird ! I had a plan to fill Shell V power diesel every 5th tank-full and I did that last night. I will return the cans to the dealer
Attachment 1675564
The Additives are valid but optional. I suggest usage of just one or two tins at each service though they suggest use of 4 for 4 tank full fuel.

They need to take your approval before billing you for these. You can keep the additives for now for usage over a longer period in lower doses.

Do not use premium diesel it may negatively impact your engine as all additives are not the same.
Oil change done is incorrect and must be made FOC if done without your permission.

In fact they refuse to change oil unless the car computer shows it is due in less than 1000 kms or 1 mth.

Last edited by ACM : 26th January 2018 at 20:12.
Old 31st January 2018, 00:24   #318
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone help me find following specifications for the current generation F48 BMW X1

1. Approach Angle
2. Departure Angle
3. Ramp over Angle

I could find these for E84 X1 but couldn't for F48 X1.

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th February 2018, 11:58   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Friends, whoever had reported a metal clanking noise from the boot earlier, is it resolved ? What was the cause and how did you solve the issue ? Reponses appreciated, I am almost getting sick of this noise on bad roads, also a bit embarassed when someone is travelling with me. This is an issue a car that costs less than 10% of X1 do not have !!!
The noise no longer appears for my X1 both on rough & smooth roads. No action was done to rectify the same and the sound subsided during initial days of X1 usage itself.

I have a query on X1 Tyre Rotation. As per BMW dealer, there is no need to rotate the tyres it seems; In fact BMW too recommends the same it seems!

I have completed 14,500 KMS in 1.5+ Years and want to ensure longevity for my PIRELI set of tyres. Has anyone performed tyre rotation for BMW X1 off late? If yes, requesting you to share the details.

Last edited by Samurai : 5th February 2018 at 12:18. Reason: B2B posts
ecosport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 12:22   #320
BHPian

Do we need to rotate tyres in X1? As per SA at the dealership, there is no need for tyre rotation and BMW too advises the same it seems! Having completed 14,500 kms in 1.5 years, want to ensure longevity for my X1 tyres if rotation helps! Please advise .....
Old 14th February 2018, 13:03   #321
Senior - BHPian

Guys, just curious how many of you actually use the steering button LIM to limit your speed within the allowed figure on the road ? For example, Outer Ring Road in Bangalore is restricted to 60 KMPH, Airport Road (Bellary Road) has a limit of 80 KMPH. Both roads have interceptors at different spots.

I got saved 3 times in the last 10 days because I recently started using this LIM function. Once you pass the interceptor, if the roads are empty, you can cancel the LIM and it goes back to the 'mean machine' mode
Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-lim.jpg
shajufx is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 21:50   #322
BHPian

Hello,

I see that there’s no particular thread to cover issues regarding the BMW X1 so posting my problem here. I’d be great if you could help. Give this a read.

After spending a lot of time confused between the VW Tiguan and the BMW X1. Me and my family has finally decided to go for the X1 since though Tiguan being great car we’d have liked to see the price(on-road) between 27-30L. Since this will be our first car from any of the big 3s I’m excited and yet terrified too. I’ll start with my questions now.

The 2018 XLine Sdrive 20d almost ticks all the right boxes for us. In the 2018 variant even the XLine gets the bigger iDrive with touch and navigation as standard. The deal we’re getting is for 41.5L. Is this a good deal? Xdrive Xline variant not available now.

The SA explained us too many warranty and Service packages. Although I’m dead set on getting the extended warranty. I’m still not sure about getting the service package since our running will be low. Comment?

The Pirelli RFTs coming with it as standard are as I’ve read and now after 3 test drives also experienced are bad, the road noise didn't give me feel of a premium car to be honest. What size and company would you recommend to for go? I see you love your Conti RFTs. And will it effect my warranty?

And lastly for now.
Are we making the right call going for the X1? Or Tiguan could’ve been a better option?
We’re no brand loyalists. Our budget is 40lacs. We don’t want the bulky Endeavour or Fortuner since we’re never gonna do proper off-roading . Some broken trails maybe but that’s it. We’re soft drivers who don’t like to stress their cars too much. It's okay if it's not rear-wheel driven, it frees up alot of space inside and I don't know what I am missing since I've never driven a 3 or 5.

I’ll be grateful if anyone has the time to discuss everything in more details.
namanchaudhary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 11:55   #323
BHPian

Saw today that somebody has stolen the logo on the boot . Any idea where I can get it. Is it better to do it directly from the ASS or would that be insanely expensive. Checked amazon but couldn't find it. Does aliexpress etc. make sense?
Old 23rd February 2018, 12:12   #324
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
Are we making the right call going for the X1? Or Tiguan could’ve been a better option?
We’re no brand loyalists. Our budget is 40lacs. We don’t want the bulky Endeavour or Fortuner since we’re never gonna do proper off-roading . Some broken trails maybe but that’s it. We’re soft drivers who don’t like to stress their cars too much. It's okay if it's not rear-wheel driven, it frees up alot of space inside and I don't know what I am missing since I've never driven a 3 or 5.

I feel X1 indeed is the right option especially when compared to its direct competition – the GLA or the (aged) Q3. But if the brand prestige doesn’t matter and you are open to the likes of Tiguan, I would suggest checking the Kodiaq. If I am in the market with 40 lakhs-ish crossover, the key contenders will the the X1 and Kodiaq.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 12:28   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

I see that there’s no particular thread to cover issues regarding the BMW X1 so posting my problem here. I’d be great if you could help. Give this a read.

After spending a lot of time confused between the VW Tiguan and the BMW X1. Me and my family has finally decided to go for the X1 since though Tiguan being great car we’d have liked to see the price(on-road) between 27-30L. Since this will be our first car from any of the big 3s I’m excited and yet terrified too. I’ll start with my questions now.

The 2018 XLine Sdrive 20d almost ticks all the right boxes for us. In the 2018 variant even the XLine gets the bigger iDrive with touch and navigation as standard. The deal we’re getting is for 41.5L. Is this a good deal? Xdrive Xline variant not available now.

The SA explained us too many warranty and Service packages. Although I’m dead set on getting the extended warranty. I’m still not sure about getting the service package since our running will be low. Comment?

The Pirelli RFTs coming with it as standard are as I’ve read and now after 3 test drives also experienced are bad, the road noise didn't give me feel of a premium car to be honest. What size and company would you recommend to for go? I see you love your Conti RFTs. And will it effect my warranty?

And lastly for now.

1) You have received a deal of around 2 lakhs from the original OTR. Try bargaining for more, until 40 lakhs or so.

2) You are making the right decision by choosing the X1 over the Tiguan. In my opinion, the X1 is a far better looking car than the Tiguan, is more powerful and the latter also has a very stiff ride quality on the 18 inch rims.

I'd say, go in for the X1!
Old 23rd February 2018, 12:53   #326
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I’d be great if you could help.
Glad you posted here, for benefits of others, posting my reply here as well

you should probably post this query on some of the threads or even create a new one, in which case you will get more varied views.

I will try to answer by my experience, I will agree with your decision on ignoring Endeavour but you can give a try to Fortuner, it's more of a soft roader now and fit and finish is very good besides it's like an investment you can be sure on returns when its time to sell or change, if re-sales is important.

On all the BMW's, X1 is the least of BMW, like a front wheel (unless you are opting for all-wheel) & an Aisin gearbox, If I have to pick an X1, then I will go for the M Sports even if that means postponing the buy for few months for finances.

Also, always negotiate on Ex-Showroom prices more so when you are dealing with high end, tell them that you want discounts on ex-showroom and balance you will manage on your own or ask them a breakup and then you can go for your own insurance etc.

I won't change tyres of a new car and Pirelli's run fine, I have on my new 7 and these are different than old generations so don't bother too much on this issue. Besides you get 4 alloys/ tyres under BMW Insurance for first Year complimentary. So even if these fail you are safe.

Good thing about BMW warranty and packages is that you can buy these at any time, so you have about a Year to decide and this money you can save and pay for a shorter loan or a higher model

I will not recommend VW group to anyone, recently I had issues with BMW but it was due to an overzealous dealer here and the company reprimanded him and the guys came to my place and tried to make up. With VW - you have no voice.

Another option will be to look at 3 GTi which I personally like better or if you can have your budget increased then the new 6 series will be my pick, it's a brand new car, loaded to the brim and very aggressively priced.

Quote:
Saw today that somebody has stolen the logo on the boot
Ask your SA to get you this from BMW, they should arrange if not on stocks hopefully under goodwill.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 17:30   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

And lastly for now.

Hi,
I purchased my M Sport in July 2017 and got it for 47.5 Lakhs (Mumbai) so there is scope for further negotiation on the deal given to you.

Also the RFT's are not as bad on Mumbai roads (mix of asphalt, mastic asphalt, paver blocks & concrete surfaces) hence you should not go in for a replacement.

I am going in for the BSI package later this month so you have the flexibility of timing this purchase but i suggest you go for it.

Feel free to drop me a message on any queries you may have.

Cheers.
milin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 17:41   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

I see that there's no particular thread to cover issues regarding the BMW X1 so posting my problem here. I'd be great if you could help. Give this a read.

After spending a lot of time confused between the VW Tiguan and the BMW X1. Me and my family has finally decided to go for the X1 since though Tiguan being great car we'd have liked to see the price(on-road) between 27-30L. Since this will be our first car from any of the big 3s I'm excited and yet terrified too. I'll start with my questions now.

The 2018 XLine Sdrive 20d almost ticks all the right boxes for us. In the 2018 variant even the XLine gets the bigger iDrive with touch and navigation as standard. The deal we're getting is for 41.5L. Is this a good deal? Xdrive Xline variant not available now.

I have owned the MSport for almost 2 years now and I have no regrets. Having driven the Tiguan as well I can safely say the Bimmer is way better in terms of the performance, handling and looks (though subjective). The latest MSport also comes with reverse camera which is something I miss. The RfTs are a little noisy and the ride is not something I like, but not so bad.

I have not gone for the BSI yet and will take the extended warranty package before the 2nd year ends. So if you can stretch I suggest you to look at MSport.
nurni76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 19:51   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I feel X1 indeed is the right option especially when compared to its direct competition – the GLA or the (aged) Q3. But if the brand prestige doesn’t matter and you are open to the likes of Tiguan, I would suggest checking the Kodiaq. If I am in the market with 40 lakhs-ish crossover, the key contenders will the the X1 and Kodiaq.
I agree with you here, if given a choice between the Q3 (present model), GLA and X1, I will always pick the X1. And for Kodiaq, I didn't consider it after getting disappointed by Tiguan's "just enough" performance. And the Kodiaq being a bigger 7 seat AWD SUV got the same engine (7HP more). Sad they didn't bring the 188HP version of the 2ltr TDI They say it's for better fuel economy but then how is a 190HP X1 is giving a better mileage than the present Tiguan because on tarmac even the Tiguan is front-wheel driven.
namanchaudhary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 19:57   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
I have owned the MSport for almost 2 years now and I have no regrets. Having driven the Tiguan as well I can safely say the Bimmer is way better in terms of the performance, handling and looks (though subjective). The latest MSport also comes with reverse camera which is something I miss. The RfTs are a little noisy and the ride is not something I like, but not so bad.

I have not gone for the BSI yet and will take the extended warranty package before the 2nd year ends. So if you can stretch I suggest you to look at MSport.
For the 2018 variant, even the Xline variants get a reverse camera, bigger iDrive (from Msport), and navigation. The things we'll be missing are the M styling and Xdrive. So the Xline makes more sense for me because the kind of driving we'll be doing with it even the Xdrive model will be front wheel driven for us.

But glad to hear that you're having a good experience with the X1 and those RFTs. How are the costs of paid services till now? (because you said you didn't go for BSI)

Most Viewed