Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2018, 21:11   #346
BHPian

Re: Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Yes, blue was the colour in demand last year and looks nice also. I believe the difference is on idrive on 17/18 Models or anything else?
On the 2018 variant Xline gets a bigger iDrive which is also a touchscreen now. No plastic pieces on both sides of the iDrive full front is display now. So you can use it via iDrive swivel wheel and touch. It gets navigation too now (don't know how useful will it be in Delhi though because nothing beats Google Maps). Apple carplay is just one update away. And lastly it gets a reverse camera with parking sensors.
Also I felt the speakers are way better than what used to come in 2017 variant (not officially an update, this is what I felt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by milin View Post
The dealer did not agree to give you the mats and key case as freebies?
You can also ask them to provide you the BMW coat hangar.
The mats are included but are quite basic. The one in the kit is officially from BMW and to be honest, quite expensive.
Good idea about the coat hanger though. Will try.
namanchaudhary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 10:15   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
The mats are included but are quite basic. The one in the kit is officially from BMW and to be honest, quite expensive.
Good idea about the coat hanger though...
I don't use stock mats from the day I received my 3D mats from Amazon, I must say, it's the perfect fit and changes the entire look of the interior. What is all this with the key case, coat hanger, projector logo etc. ? Are you going to use any of them ? Ask for a pressure cooker, air purifier, 12 V vacuum cleaner, tire inflator, umbrella, LED torch and a non-stick pan too, I am sure they can source it for you from the local market !! BTW, are we buying a german machine or a tractor ?
shajufx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 13:10   #348
Team-BHP Support

Actually, a Coat-hanger is very useful and looks nice too, though I am not sure if one can get free as it needs a bracket as well (ordered separately). You can mount an iPad holder or a coat-hanger on this.

Quote:
are we buying a german machine or a tractor ?
Ultimately, its all down to the price one is paying, if a deal is not finalized or a counter-offer is not given, no harm in asking freebies that are useful or even negotiating on maintenance packages, so I am not sure if this pressure cooker or a pan analogy makes sense.

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th February 2018 at 13:18.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 13:26   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so I am not sure if this pressure cooker or a pan analogy makes sense.
Although my post was on a lighter note here, I know people who have asked for many of those items from a Korean brand and got few of them too. Some of the things I got from my previous purchases have ended up in the "Give Away' thread
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 18:07   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Actually, a Coat-hanger is very useful and looks nice too, though I am not sure if one can get free as it needs a bracket as well (ordered separately). You can mount an iPad holder or a coat-hanger on this.

Ultimately, its all down to the price one is paying, if a deal is not finalized or a counter-offer is not given, no harm in asking freebies that are useful or even negotiating on maintenance packages, so I am not sure if this pressure cooker or a pan analogy makes sense.
Rightly said. That analogy about the pressure cooker didn't make sense to me either. If someone is buying an expensive TV it's natural for him to ask for an HDMI cable as freebie. So, I'll just ignore that totally-not-necessary analogy here.
Apart from that, you are right, coat hanger will be quite useful for one like my father but I don't think that will be offered as freebie even if I ask.
Finally, the negotiations are done and car is booked today (with the freebies obviously tractor or a 7 series doesn't matter)
I don't think anyone even buys Platinum Silver color because the dealer had to order it straight from the plant even after having enough X1s in stock with him.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 3rd April 2018 at 13:20. Reason: Trimming quoted post for improved readability
namanchaudhary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2018, 11:22   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
..So, I'll just ignore that totally-not-necessary analogy here.
Sadly, you guys didn't get my point. I was not making any analogy, but telling you to ask something big than tiny tiny useless stuff. Ask them for a discount in the warranty or a special rate for BSI or something that's worth over 10k.

I took insurance on my own, I saved 50k, if that is a useful pointer to you
shajufx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2018, 23:22   #352
BHPian

Hello,
As discussed here, I have finalized my 2018 BMW X1 Xline (waiting for delivery) and I was discussing tires with my dealer. He informed me that I'll lose my suspension warranty if went for tubeless and didn't stick with runflats.
Fair enough, I did make my peace with it since not everyone was having a bad experience with them. But then I asked about the when I want to replace my tires due to wear n tear or damage. In that case too I will lose my suspension warranty if I don't buy the replacement tires from the dealer. The dealer said X1 will now only come Pirelli runflats and I can't even opt for conti runflats.
So, it's not only that I will have to use runflats but also will have to buy it from the dealer in case of replacement.

Can we confirm if it's correct information?
Old 12th March 2018, 17:21   #353
BHPian

Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-x11.jpeg

Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-x12.jpeg

Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-x13.jpeg

Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-x14.jpeg

Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-x15.jpeg

Here she is. Waiting for us to take delivery. Currently in the stock yard with PDI pending. Thank you everyone for your help and valuable information. Will click better photos after taking delivery.
Also great news, I got additional 2lacs discount too.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 13th March 2018 at 10:21. Reason: Merged posts.
namanchaudhary is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 19:15   #354
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Here she is. Waiting for us to take delivery. Currently in the stock yard with PDI pending. Thank you everyone for your help and valuable information. Will click better photos after taking delivery.
Also great news, I got additional 2lacs discount too.
Congrats, this colour looks very nice. Good that BMW Dealer supported you with the additional discounts
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 16:12   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Here she is. Waiting for us to take delivery.
Pictures don't do justice to this colour. This looks absolutely classy on the X1. Saw it when I first went for the TD and there was a family waiting to take delivery.
I was told this comes only on the xLine.

Simply jaw dropping! Many Congratulations! Enjoy the car
driveanddrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 15:36   #356
Senior - BHPian

EGR Valve Recall !

Friends, has anyone got a call from the dealer about an EGR Valve recall of certain batches of X1 ? They fixed my slot for next Monday. Last recall appointment was a passenger air bag sensor related. The issue is we don't get any report on their findings or replacements
Old 23rd March 2018, 15:31   #357
BHPian

Re: EGR Valve Recall !

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Friends, has anyone got a call from the dealer about an EGR Valve recall of certain batches of X1 ? They fixed my slot for next Monday. Last recall appointment was a passenger air bag sensor related. The issue is we don't get any report on their findings or replacements
Hi,

No call from my dealership as yet. I have an Aug 2017 model. However i have a scheduled service appointment tomorrow and will try and check.

Cheers
Old 27th March 2018, 14:41   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
EGR Valve recall...
My EGR Valve got replaced yesterday under the 'recall' campaign. Surprised not to hear anyone else receiving a similar call from the dealer. I also got my boot latch replaced under warranty as it was making 'metal clanking' noise for all these months. This issue has been posted in many international forums by owners of multiple countries, most of them doubting the shocks for this noise. Now I can tell all of them, its the boot latch being the culprit here. So, if you have this issue, get the latch replaced before warranty expires, because it costs Rs.6000.

I am yet to find a car washing spot that cleans the exterior and interior as good as the Navnit Motors service centre. It comes back from each service sparkling clean and fresh as new.
Old 3rd April 2018, 00:53   #359
BHPian

Hey! Is anyone using a good car cover for the X1? Sadly there's no official cover from BMW like they offer with 3 and 5 and I'm unable to find any good quality offerings in Delhi. If someone can share a link to order from or maybe a shop in Delhi, I'll be grateful.
Old 3rd April 2018, 12:30   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Hey! Is anyone using a good car cover for the X1?
Hi Naman,
We got this from Autofurnish.
I think it's decent quality, it fits perfectly too.

Last edited by driveanddrive : 3rd April 2018 at 12:32.
driveanddrive is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed