Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2018, 23:56   #376
BHPian

Re: Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Is there a way to roll down windows by pressing unlock and roll up by pressing lock button or some other way?

Cant seem to figure it out.

In Vento I could do it by long press of unlock and lock button.
It's the same. Long press rolls down/rolls up the windows and folds/unfolds the rear view mirror.
Old 17th May 2018, 00:55   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there a way to roll down windows by pressing unlock and roll up by pressing lock button or some other way?

Press & Hold the Unlock button on the remote to roll down all windows together, continue pressing and the sunroof opens up as well.
Same way, Press & Hold Lock button to close everything.

However the catch is, at least here in US markets - This belongs to Comfort Access Package. So unless one has that package added, these won't work.
Old 17th May 2018, 13:16   #378
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I tried this in my 330i GT. Long press of the unlock buttons first opens the windows and after the windows open, the sunroof opens. Long press of the lock button closes the sunroof and the windows, and also the IRVM if it was open.

So this may be a standard feature in all BMWs. Check it out.

However, maybe BMW has kept the feature locked in certain variants and models.
Old 17th May 2018, 17:39   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
..Vento I could do it by long press of unlock and lock button.
Its all the same, absolutely no difference !

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
....maybe BMW has kept the feature locked in certain variants and models.
As far as X1 is concerned, its same for all variants. You can control all the window glasses, ORVMs and sun roof from the key.

Key also has a distance range of around 100 meters if pressed touching your skull, I don't know what is the secret here, but it does not work at that range with key extended ahead of your body
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 18:40   #380
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Key also has a distance range of around 100 meters if pressed touching your skull, I don't know what is the secret here, but it does not work at that range with key extended ahead of your body
Wow. That is an interesting feature which I was not aware of. Will test it out. Maybe the key reads brain waves

Last edited by graaja : 17th May 2018 at 18:40. Reason: Fixing grammar
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 19:29   #381
BHPian

Quote:
I tried this in my 330i GT. Long press of the unlock buttons first opens the windows and after the windows open, the sunroof opens. Long press of the lock button closes the sunroof and the windows, and also the IRVM if it was open.

So this may be a standard feature in all BMWs. Check it out.

However, maybe BMW has kept the feature locked in certain variants and models.
The Long Press feature ( Read : Comfort Access ) has been there since the E60 520 Days . A really handy one and was definitely ahead of its time, back in the day.
Veelubai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2018, 11:10   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avior View Post
Guys can u pls confirm how much average do u guys get?
My average in city is 11.5 kmpl and on highway 13-13.5 kmpl.
I somehow feel this is too less. Am I hoping for too much or is it the case with most of you?
I get an FE of around 10 within city. This is in Bangalore. I drive mostly in Comfort mode with Sport sometimes. Never ECO as it just kills the car.
Old 23rd May 2018, 11:11   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Its all the same, absolutely no difference !

As far as X1 is concerned, its same for all variants. You can control all the window glasses, ORVMs and sun roof from the key.

I noticed the showroom vehicle had that auto-folding mirrors as soon as we press the lock button and back to normal position when the vehicle is unlocked. My X1 doesn't do that. Is there a way to configure that feature in the iDrive or somewhere else?
Old 23rd May 2018, 11:21   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
Is there a way to configure that feature in the iDrive or somewhere else?
Please do a long press close on remote after shutting all the doors and after turning ignition off.

Please remember you can not do this to already locked car.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2018, 00:34   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avior View Post
It's the same. Long press rolls down/rolls up the windows and folds/unfolds the rear view mirror.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Press & Hold the Unlock button on the remote to roll down all windows together, continue pressing and the sunroof opens up as well.
Quote:
I tried pressing the unlock button for long, it unlocks the car and roll downs the window. Same way lock button locks the car and rolls up the windows.

ORVM never did opened or closed. How to get them fold/unfold?

Only way I have is button beside windows adjustment to fold/unfold them. Car is BMW X1 Expedition Feb'18 manufactured.

Quote:
Questions since you to have a X1 Expedition as well:

1. Does your X1 Expedition has AUX input? Mine only has USB & Bluetooth but spec-sheet showed AUX as well. Cost cutting?

2. How do you unlock the boot at a mall parking? There is no button given.

I do is press boot unlock button on key. Since I do not want to unlock car and ask the security to fiddle & press the boot release button beside camera.
Old 25th May 2018, 05:09   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ORVM never did opened or closed. How to get them fold/unfold?
Please refer to the settings as explained in the video below:

Quote:
Does your X1 Expedition has AUX input? Mine only has USB & Bluetooth but spec-sheet showed AUX as well. Cost cutting?
AUX port is inside centre armrest console, above the USB port.

Quote:
How do you unlock the boot at a mall parking? There is no button given.
The boot release button is on the driver side door, above the small bottle holder/map holder pocket.
Lift up the switch to open the boot. Press it down to close the boot.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 25th May 2018 at 05:11.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2018, 11:50   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
..auto-folding mirrors as soon as we press the lock button and back to normal position when the vehicle is unlocked
Other than the long press, I don't see nor heard anyone else folding mirrors. If you have folded the mirrors with long press of lock button, then it will unfold with a single unlock short press.

Quote:
1. Does your X1 Expedition has AUX input?
2. How do you unlock the boot at a mall parking?
Aux input is just above the pen drive slot under centre arm rest. Even if they avoid this, I wont see it as cost cutting, because everyone is streaming music via bluetooth these days. I am using Amazon Music all the time. Turn on the bluetooth and everything is controlled by Siri, I dont touch anything, its a total freedom while driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
The boot release button is on the driver side door, above the small bottle holder/map holder pocket..
Could you please explain where is this button you are talking about ? Hope you are not pointing the engine bay. No malls will ask you to show the engine I see only lock and unlock button next to the door handle. Other option is to use the remote key boot button. I unlock all doors at Malls rather than taking the trouble of removing the key from my pocket.
Old 25th May 2018, 14:07   #388
BHPian

Quote:

Aux input is just above the pen drive slot under centre arm rest. Even if they avoid this, I wont see it as cost cutting, because everyone is streaming music via bluetooth these days. I am using Amazon Music all the time. Turn on the bluetooth and everything is controlled by Siri, I dont touch anything, its a total freedom while driving
Hi shajufx, do you see any loss of audio quality over Bluetooth. I see a severe loss of quality over Bluetooth but in AUX quality is excellent, as is for the radio as well. On Bluetooth the sound is not crisp and clear and very low, to explain if on AUX/Radio I listen at a particular volume level then on Bluetooth I have to more than double for the same sound level and even then it's a bit muffled.

Any help from anyone would be much appreciated
Old 25th May 2018, 14:23   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarsiddhi View Post
....severe loss of quality over Bluetooth.....on Bluetooth I have to more than double for the same sound level and even then it's a bit muffled.
I dont find any difference in the quality of output but I agree on the volume level. It requires usually double volume for music over bluetooth. Half the volume range is perfect according to me, anything higher than that we cant have a conversation in the cabin. May be because of the amp and subs, the quality of music is crisp and high at volume levels half and above. Stock music system compared to similar segment cars, I dont find any need of an upgrade !
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2018, 21:18   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could you please explain where is this button you are talking about ? Hope you are not pointing the engine bay. No malls will ask you to show the engine I see only lock and unlock button next to the door handle. Other option is to use the remote key boot button. I unlock all doors at Malls rather than taking the trouble of removing the key from my pocket.
Here you go, a pic from my X1. I have labelled the buttons.
Do note though that this is a NA Market X1.
But these buttons are standard package of BMW and should be there in Asian market cars also.

Sorry about the untidy pic, its been raining for a few days now.

EDIT: By the way, the boot opening height can also be adjusted. So if going to a tight parking where boot cannot be fully opened, it can be adjusted to open to a lesser height.
Youtube the video of how to adjust the setting.

Next Gen BMW X1 Launched @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20180525_114030.jpg

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 25th May 2018 at 21:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks