Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2016, 10:40   #136
BHPian

Re: Tata wants your help in renaming the Zica! (Edit: Now renamed Tiago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudeep_Kimster View Post
From "What's in a Name?" to "Every possible stuff lies in a Name".

... Pagani can name their car HUAYRA,which are typically useless names to use,...
Pagani have named their car after a South American Quechua god called Huayra Tata. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayra_Tata

An unfamiliar name in a foreign language that sounds useless to you might carry a lot of significance and importance in that language.
Old 24th February 2016, 11:05   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
There is a speculation that it will be launched by March End. If that is indeed the case, then the rename process will not have a huge impact in terms of delay. But knowing TATA, we never know what is going to happen in terms of timelines
Just when we thought the problems are over and TATA is finally turning a leaf, there comes the next problem!! The workers at SANAND factory have started a flash strike to have some workers re-instated.

http://www.thehindu.com/business/Ind...cle8272343.ece

If not majority, still a good part of Tiago production was planned here. Now with this new crisis, things might go a bit haywire.
TATA seems to be definitely haunted by some unknown force
Old 24th February 2016, 15:43   #138
Senior - BHPian

Not a bad name at all though it will suit a Suv better. But, I am more interested in launch dates. If it's end of March then the deliveries will happen in April mid only which is too late for me. However, the options are limited for me as per my requirements in the 5lac price bricked
Old 24th February 2016, 16:34   #139
Senior - BHPian

Tiago is on display at Pandit automotive, Pune. No Test drive though. They have started taking bookings with the amount of Rs.11000 or Rs. 21000. And i think this is the same car which Tbhp used for the review. Going by the inconsistant bonnet shut line.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata wants your help in renaming the Zica! (Edit: Now renamed Tiago)-img_20160224_155553977.jpg  

Last edited by tushky : 24th February 2016 at 16:36.
tushky is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 16:38   #140
BHPian

The naming Fiasco/exercise ends only to announce a 300 worker strike at sanand plant-Tiago's manufacturing base. Now how unlucky can Tata get?
Old 25th February 2016, 21:36   #141
BHPian

Tiago has reached Concord Bangalore. Test drives available from Monday.
Old 25th February 2016, 23:47   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemanth View Post
Tiago has reached Concord Bangalore. Test drives available from Monday.
I had received a call from Tata that the car is available to be viewed more than a week ago. I was supposed to go see the car weekend before last, but wasn't able to go there (KHT Domlur). Will try and go across this weekend for a look-see
Old 25th February 2016, 23:56   #143
BHPian

Tiago has arrived at Manikbag Tata, Belagavi. Not sure about a Test Drive Car though.

Last edited by five46 : 25th February 2016 at 23:58.
Old 26th February 2016, 01:49   #144
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Although it isn't the catchiest sounding name for a car, it's good that Tata have finally got the naming issue sorted and are ready to launch the car. Congratulations to the lucky person who suggested the name Tiago! It would have been awkward for a Latin American like Messi to associate himself with the earlier name, but he would certainly be able to relate to the car now!

The long delay between the unveiling/media drives and launch may have taken away some of the buzz around the car, and Tata's marketing department would have to go all out to build up the excitement to a crescendo till the announcement of prices.

Needless to say, Tata must price the Tiago well. I think they've learnt from the Bolt's pricing fiasco and are going to make amends by pricing the car quite aggressively. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Tiago priced on par with (or even slightly cheaper than) the Maruti Suzuki Celerio, at least to begin with.

Last edited by RSR : 26th February 2016 at 01:53.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 11:19   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
... It would have been awkward for a Latin American like Messi to associate himself with the earlier name, but he would certainly be able to relate to the car now!

Quote:
Needless to say, Tata must price the Tiago well. I think they've learnt from the Bolt's pricing fiasco and are going to make amends by pricing the car quite aggressively. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Tiago priced on par with (or even slightly cheaper than) the Maruti Suzuki Celerio, at least to begin with.
That would be a really sweet pricing. ~5.5 for the top end AT petrol, if priced close to Celerio. Makes most sense actually. If they price it higher, it will be directly in the Bolt territory, ~6 for the top end petrol (no AT). I hope they do it soon, launch it with a shockingly good 'introductory' price, that will recreate all the buzz they might have lost out on due to the long delays.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 11:32   #146
Senior - BHPian

I think we should close this thread as they already finalized the name. We have an official review thread and can continue the discussion there.

Thread closed. Please continue the discussions in the Tata Tiago : Official Review thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th February 2016 at 13:11. Reason: Closing note.
Latheesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks