Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2016, 22:34   #1
BHPian

Geographical blunders in Mercedes Benz's AMG GT S Brochure

Note to Mods : I couldn't think of any other relevant heading to start this thread. Feel free to remove it and shift it to an appropriate head.

I was going through the AMG GT S brochure and this map indicating their sales and service representatives caught my eye.

Quite a lot of the cities in their map are shown way off the city's actual geographical location. Examples are Bombay, Nashik, Jaipur, Vadodara, Bangalore, Kolkata.

I know it's simply an illustrative map but they could've done better by paying some attention to detail. I'm attaching herewith a screenshot of the particular page of the brochure.
Attached Thumbnails
Geographical blunders in Mercedes Benz's AMG GT S Brochure-screenshot_20160208162435.png  

Bookkeeper is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 09:33   #2
BHPian

Re: Geographical blunders in Mercedes Benz's AMG GT S Brochure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookkeeper View Post
I was going through the AMG GT S brochure and this map indicating their sales and service representatives caught my eye.
I got a chance to stand near it as well. Was wowed by this majestic beauty.

Thank you Mercedes as you seem quite interested in my city .Good lord, I have seen quite a few public material from Merc and always was inspired by the quality sanity of information within, but this looks insane. Quite possible that this manifested out of Indian stables. Also interesting it would be to watch when the corrections will be made as the blunder is already spotted in public forums.
Old 9th February 2016, 10:07   #3
BHPian

Goodness everything is off the mark looks like a last moment inclusion which has been overlooked, rather embarrassingly. A proper F in geography.
Xeno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 11:30   #4
BHPian

Re: Geographical blunders in Mercedes Benz's AMG GT S Brochure

Apparently things don't stop there. Their mobile website lists SLK roadster as a SUV.

I don't intend to make fun of them or show that I'm a wise guy (that I am ).

It's simply to bring fore my view that simply manufacturing high end automobiles and claiming that their machines are the best is not enough. Excellence and perfection must be visible in all aspects of your brand especially after sales, sales, company controlled media outlets and of course product literature.
Attached Thumbnails
Geographical blunders in Mercedes Benz's AMG GT S Brochure-screenshot_20160208225354.png  

Bookkeeper is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed