Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which design of S-Cross do you like better?
Current design is better 150 23.44%
Facelifted look is much better 297 46.41%
It's a matter of personal taste but actually both look good 59 9.22%
Neither of the two look any good to me 134 20.94%
Voters: 640. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2017, 11:17   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh

Suddenly I find a lot of fans for the current design which otherwise is beaten to death!! I personally think the new nose is going to bring better presence to the car. Atleast, that's how the images from abroad look like. And quite happy to see a quicker turn around from Maruti on the facelift - looks like they have not completely given up on the car, yet.

And I really really hope Maruti doesn't tune the 1.6 'linear' for improving the FE; that's what they did to 2nd gen Swift and the (mad) character of the car was lost! For the mileage conscious, there is a 1.3 - please keep the hooliganism of the 1.6 in tact; you might lose the enthusiasts otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
...MSIL is striving for ~85% localisation, to keep costs in check...
What's the current localisation level? I think the (current, better) build quality will be history with localisation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
IF this launches, i guess for the first time in indian automobile history we will see people changing from chrome grill to black plastic grill ...
You just need to grill coverde by carbon fibre / matte black stickers - would be a very easy / cost effective, retractale job.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th April 2017 at 11:21.
swiftnfurious is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 11:35   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

What's the current localisation level? I think the (current, better) build quality will be history with localisation.
Its 98% for the 1.3L and 67% for the 1.6L variant.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 13:24   #228
BHPian

Hi all

I got delivery of the S cross 1.6 a few days ago and it more than meets my expectations.

I too much prefer the understated simple exterior of the current model to the upcoming one with the toothy chrome grill. I think its a fixation with chrome with us indians that manufacturers keep feeding us more!!! Am not just talking of suzuki and this chrome grill as its the design they sell in all markets rather just a general comment on the amount of chrome garnish and accessories.

What Would make the sales of this great vehicle better would have been a decent petrol option and an Automatic which suzuki is offering internationally. Am sure small bits like the steering wheel or some switchgear can easily be replaced by maruti. As an overall package i personally feel this is worth INR 15L if one is looking for a crossover thats not trying to pretend to be something its not.

I guess I will wait to see the new one in the flesh when it arrives and if they price it well am sure a good package like the Cross will see good numbers.

Rgds
dinyaar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 13:56   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Suddenly I find a lot of fans for the current design which otherwise is beaten to death!!
What they really mean is "However bad the earlier design might be, the new one is worse". It is all relative. It is like the local daroga was a bad guy until you met Pol Pot.
Old 10th April 2017, 15:01   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

You just need to grill coverde by carbon fibre / matte black stickers - would be a very easy / cost effective, retractale job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
IF this launches, i guess for the first time in indian automobile history we will see people changing from chrome grill to black plastic grill
Add me to the list of people who prefer a chrome-less grill. Here is how I like it - Body coloured surround with black tooth:

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-1.jpg

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-2.jpg
audioholic is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 15:23   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

I hope they have upgraded the HID's wattage to higher wattage 35W setup. The current 25W setup does not make a cut when it comes to night drives. The illumination is pretty poor.
Old 10th April 2017, 16:50   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

This is surely a better design than the current one... as well as the new chrome surround one!

Fingers crossed that it comes in June/July time frame with the 1.4 turbo petrol; if it does, I'll surely be amongst the first set of buyers.
sahibrain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 22:59   #233
BHPian

A SUV like look is required to sell more. Probably higher ground clearance even. What else explains cars like the Creta and Ecosport selling more numbers than the S-cross? The S-cross forums on team-bhp are filled with 1.6 diesel engine enthusiasts and that sells very few numbers to the extent that Maruti only imports few 100s of engines in a year.

It does not make much sense for a manufacturer to launch a car in October and have buyers haggling for year end discounts OR waiting for a few months for next year manufacturing date. So they have to get it into the market by August. It is unlikely that 1.4 Boosterjet will alone be an option, there will be 1.0 Boosterjet too and most likely 1.0 Boosterjet only
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahibrain View Post

This is surely a better design than the current one... as well as the new chrome surround one!
Fingers crossed that it comes in June/July time frame with the 1.4 turbo petrol; .
The sales numbers say otherwise. Suzuki agrees with that and probably their market research tells them that the facelift design will be appreciated more. There is no one design suits all but India market needs SUV look to sell
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlil View Post
What they really mean is "However bad the earlier design might be, the new one is worse".
There are articles on the net saying the 1.6 will be discontinued and this will be offered with the 1.3 diesel only. Will edit the post once I find that link
Quote:
And I really really hope Maruti doesn't tune the 1.6 'linear' for improving the FE; that's what they did to 2nd gen Swift and the (mad) character of the car was lost! For the mileage conscious, there is a 1.3 - please keep the hooliganism of the 1.6 in tact; you might lose the enthusiasts otherwise.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 12:52   #234
BANNED

If Maruti can't succeed in the +4m SUV segment with this updated SCross (which I am almost sure about) and if they are hesitant to launch the international Vitara here, they can think of milking the "Swift" brandname - a "SuperSwift" by "enlarging" the current Swift to 4.3m and using the current SCross platform - plonk 1.4/1.5 Petrol and 1.6 Diesel engines, with a 200mm ground clearance, some tweaks to lamps and with a black body cladding. Price it in the 7 - 11L range, and it will surely sell in the 5K level, IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-2010suzukiswiftsideviewstatic_1.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 11th April 2017 at 13:00.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 11:24   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

India bound face-lift S Cross debuts in China,

Quote:
1.4T engine maximum power of 140 horsepower, the peak torque of 220 Nm, the drive system matching 6-speed manual or 6-speed manual Box; 1.6L engine maximum power 122 horsepower, peak torque 158 Nm, the drive system matches 5 speed manual or CVT continuously variable transmission. In addition, both high-powered models offer a four-wheel drive system.
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-autohomecar__wkjbx1j228eaoflcaaaoficytyo079.jpg
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-autohomecar__wkgh5lj228iaq9raayzjnqmfly825.jpg
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-autohomecar__wkgh11j228madg8paajjjgjohea249.jpg

Source- Autohome
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 11:44   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I hope they have upgraded the HID's wattage to higher wattage 35W setup. The current 25W setup does not make a cut when it comes to night drives. The illumination is pretty poor.
S-Cross face-lift in Europe gets LED Projectors like Ignis . I hope the output is better than 25W HID.
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-screenshot_20170419114727664_com.android.chrome.png  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 19th April 2017 at 11:49.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 13:13   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

I like this new design, it's better than the current one but even the current design is good. The only thing I don't like is the gaudy Chrome grill on the facelift which can be easily blackened. My brother is eagerly awaiting for this one to launch. If all is well, he might go in for this.

Mods- Since there are different views regarding the design elements, can a poll be added to this thread?

Q. Which design do you like more?
* Current one.
* Facelift one.
* Both are good.
* I don't like either.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 19th April 2017 at 13:21.
BoneCollector is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 15:57   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
a "SuperSwift" by "enlarging" the current Swift to 4.3m and using the current SCross platform - plonk 1.4/1.5 Petrol and 1.6 Diesel engines, with a 200mm ground clearance, some tweaks to lamps and with a black body cladding. Price it in the 7 - 11L range, and it will surely sell in the 5K level, IMO.
If you analyse carefully, isn't the Vitara Brezza almost the same as mentioned above ?
Old 19th April 2017, 17:32   #239
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
If you analyse carefully, isn't the Vitara Brezza almost the same as mentioned above ?
More or less the same as far as underlying mechanicals are considered, but what I imagine is a near-replica big-brother of Swift, and make use of the Swift brand name - a sub brand in itself.
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-2010suzukiswiftsideviewstatic_0.jpg  

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-2010suzukiswiftsideviewstatic_4_0.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 19th April 2017 at 17:47.
Old 19th April 2017, 17:37   #240
Senior - BHPian

I think the new one looks better except for the grill. It can be fixed easily. I would have liked if they could have changed the tail lamps too. Are they planning to launch this for the festival season ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks