Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which design of S-Cross do you like better?
Current design is better 150 23.44%
Facelifted look is much better 297 46.41%
It's a matter of personal taste but actually both look good 59 9.22%
Neither of the two look any good to me 134 20.94%
Voters: 640. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2017, 10:58   #316
BHPian

re: 2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
  • Got the 1st picture above as forward. This is the facelift version which has custom alloys & tyres. Looks hot isnt't it? For few of my friends who are Scross admirers and prospective buyers, this is their current wallpaper set up.
  • The 2nd picture below is my humble tusker / current Indian version with stock alloys and stock size tyres (P3STs)
  • Credits to respective gentlemen for the forward and to respective photographers
Last evening i was comparing the side and front profile of both models to check the feasibility of swapping front bumper and grill. From the looks it seems it can be done. Not sure about the frame behind bumper though.

Is anyone aware of this kind of possibility?
Old 5th July 2017, 11:11   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Last evening i was comparing the side and front profile of both models to check the feasibility of swapping front bumper and grill.
Be it changing of headlights or grill, don't think that would be so easy unless someone is ready to change the bonnet itself. Honestly, have no idea about the bumpers.

PS : I was just comparing the side profile as how much of difference it makes with custom alloys and tyres in the facelift vs the current version.
Old 6th July 2017, 12:07   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
Facelift with the custom alloys makes the car look hotter. A color picture would enhance the appeal. I called for a test drive of S-Cross 1.6, I liked it for its road manners and the torque. Also i'm not a prospective buyer in next few years. Coming to the engine, if Maruti is going to discontinue the Fiat sourced 1.6L then there must be plans to use the suzuki developed 1.5L, which is currently being tested in Ciaz.

Last edited by SDP : 6th July 2017 at 16:38. Reason: fixed broken quote
pranavGTI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 12:44   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Add me to the list of people who prefer a chrome-less grill. Here is how I like it - Body coloured surround with black tooth:

Attachment 1628462

Attachment 1628463
This looks significantly better than the chrome grill from the photographs. If the car appears too gaudy in real life, I would love to get it painted like in these shots. Can chrome be painted over for a stock finish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Suzuki's S Cross Facelift while retaining its current set of diesel engines is likely to be joined by the petrol variant -the 1.0L boostejet engine as existing in the global offering.

Big news is, there will be a CVT variant too! ( 6AT)
I hope not. A CVT transmission does not work with the character of this car. I was really impressed with the AGS transmission in the new Dzire and I hope Suzuki brings that to the table with the updated S-Cross. I don't understand why it is regarded as the inferior option. It is easily superior to the CVT setup in the Baleno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I sincerely hope that they bring in the fully loaded version with 6 airbags if not All-Grip. We have high hopes with this car and are heavily banking on Maruti to provide the proper version unlike the current one with just 2 airbags. If it does, we'll have one in our garage soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Finally some good news on facelift S-Cross being offered with Automatic , Hope this comes with all bells and whistles in top end , Unlike other manufactures who have started the trend of having Automatic in lower trims only . With the world now treating Diesel as a poisonous fuel , I am so apprehensive about my next vehicle being diesel .
Absolutely. We are in the market for a second car and I'd almost finalised the Dzire in my excitement at being able to buy a very drivable ASG equipped car in the top spec trim. That is a rare sight in India. But I have my sights set on the S-Cross now and I'm waiting for Maruti to launch a petrol AGS variant of it with all the bells and whistles money can buy, including 6 airbags, AWD, ESP, HLA and TCS. If Maruti offers an automatic gearbox only on the second best trim, I don't know what I'll do.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 13:52   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
I hope not. A CVT transmission does not work with the character of this car

The just released option for S Cross in Japan is with AT and not CVT configured. This will likely be offered in India too.
Old 9th July 2017, 13:53   #321
BHPian

You mean a torque converter?
Old 9th July 2017, 15:10   #322
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The just released option for S Cross in Japan is with AT and not CVT configured. This will likely be offered in India too.
I am still curiously waiting for the Diesel engine options. Hope it is the 1.6L DDiS and not their own 1.5L DDiS

Any update on that part buddy?
Old 10th July 2017, 00:37   #323
BHPian

Quote:
This looks significantly better than the chrome grill from the photographs. If the car appears too gaudy in real life, I would love to get it painted like in these shots. Can chrome be painted over for a stock finish
I absolutely agree!! It looks gorgeous in that black grill! I so hope Maruti would bring that to India. But looks extremely doubtful considering the chrome fever in India. If chrome could be painted over with stock finish, I would consider that for the new Dzire as well.

Quote:
We are in the market for a second car and I'd almost finalised the Dzire in my excitement at being able to buy a very drivable ASG equipped car in the top spec trim.
I am heading the same way with the absence of top spec trim on the Baleno and the fun to drive element of the AGS.

Quote:
I have my sights set on the S-Cross now and I'm waiting for Maruti to launch a petrol AGS variant of it with all the bells and whistles money can buy, including 6 airbags, AWD, ESP, HLA and TCS.
Looks extremely doubtful as I remember reading Mr. C.V.Raman announcing that models upto Dzire will have AGS and from Baleno onwards will have CVT/AT. Personally I think they would launch the facelift with AT.
Old 10th July 2017, 05:49   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I am still curiously waiting for the Diesel engine options. Hope it is the 1.6L DDiS and not their own 1.5L DDiS

Any update on that part buddy?
As per a source of mine, the 1.5L will come in Ciaz first followed by S-Cross and Brezza but that's towards the end of 2018, most probably with the Ciaz facelift. As far as the S-Cross facelift is concerned, it's going to be with current engine options. I'm somewhat skeptical about 1.6 but he says it'll be there. The petrol also may debut this time and same engine will be there for Brezza also.
Old 10th July 2017, 19:47   #325
BHPian

Reading through this thread, some members expressed reservations about the potential longevity of the S-Cross based on its sales figures. Granted, the S-Cross is the least popular member of Maruti Suzuki’s lineup by number of sales per month, but a little perspective is in order. I looked at the sales figures of all the cars in India for the past five months and it turns out that are only four cars in the country that are more expensive than the S-Cross and sell more units. Here they are (from most to least popular):
  1. Hyundai Creta
  2. Toyota Innova
  3. Honda City
  4. Mahindra Scorpio

There’s nothing wrong with being fifth behind contenders like those (except for the Scorpio, maybe). In MS’s own lineup, S-Cross is obviously the most expensive model, so it’s not very shocking for it to be the lowest selling. It is worth noting, however, that it still sells more than the cumulative numbers for the entire lineup of several companies, so I don’t think it is in danger of being discontinued anytime soon, as long as owner satisfaction for the car continues to be as high as it is.

In fact, that it is the rarest Maruti Suzuki car on the road is a significant thing it has going for it. I, for one, wish that it continues to sell at this pace, so that the company has enough incentive to keep it going and ability to offer decent service for it, while still maintaining some of the uniqueness that it exudes by virtue of being MS’s slowest seller.

Note for the mods: Sorry for the double post. I accidentally hit the Post Quick Reply button before it was done cooking, and I saw no other way out.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th July 2017 at 20:01. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
aryayush is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 15:45   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

If Suzuki is moving away from 1.6MJD it is not without a reason.

FCA is embroiled in speculation of emission in US and Europe, but now Dutch authorities are looking at [b]Suzuki Vitara suspected to have unacceptably high levels of toxic emissions during road tests.

Suzuki Vitara and S Cross uses the 1,6MJD in the global offerings,

Quote:
Dutch prosecutors said on Monday they will investigate possible misuse of vehicle emissions software by Suzuki and Fiat Chrysler's (FCHA.MI) Jeep.

They were responding after the Dutch road authority (RDW) found that the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Suzuki Vitara models produced unacceptably high levels of toxic emissions during road tests
Quote:
The RDW said Suzuki Vitaras appeared to emit much more nitrogen oxide after a short time on the road. The company has offered a fix and is currently rolling it out for the roughly 8,000 Vitara models on Dutch roads.
link

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th July 2017 at 15:48.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th July 2017, 18:20   #327
BHPian

Not many S-cross spotted testing on the roads. Surprised since if they are bringing new engine options as widely expected and availed through insider info, they should be testing the facelifted S-cross a lot more
Old 15th July 2017, 21:54   #328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Not many S-cross spotted testing on the roads.
Not necessary to spot too many test mules. Remember Honda city face lift?

Quote:
Surprised since if they are bringing new engine options as widely expected
No new engines are widely expected. I just wish they retain the 1.6 DDIS. 1.0 booster jet / 1.5 NA petrol may be the only other options.

Quote:
availed through insider info, they should be testing the facelifted S-cross a lot more
It's all speculations by certain individuals / websites etc. No solid evidence or confirmation.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 21:59   #329

Are they getting sunroof in the top model? I read somewhere that they might be. But visited a because showroom today and the RM told me that the facelift will have only cosmetic changes with no engine refresh or sunroof. For all the effort Maruti spent in moving the premium vehicles to Nexa, none of them have a sunroof!!

Mod Note: Please avoid typing like.... this.....

Last edited by ampere : 16th July 2017 at 22:07. Reason: Dotty Post
Old 16th July 2017, 22:14   #330
BHPian

I doubt they will, but I sent an email to Suzuki (most likely) in vain requesting just that a few weeks ago. Here's what it said:

Quote:
Hi. I'm in the market for a compact SUV or crossover within a loosely defined budget of about ₹12.5 lac on-road and have shortlisted the S-Cross and Vitara Brezza as potential buys. Having never owned a Maruti (or Suzuki) before, I look forward to buying my first one.

However, both these cars, in their current form, are not a great fit for me. I need a petrol automatic with all the bells, whistles and creature comforts you can offer, but neither of these come with a petrol burner. I know you have plans to launch petrol automatics for both within a span of three months, and I'm holding up the decision until you do.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, give us powerful petrol motors mated to a smooth AGS transmission in both cars, like you did with the DZire! Don't throw in the CVT transmission of the Baleno and ruin the drivability of the cars. And, like with the DZire, give it on the topmost trim, not the second one from the top. If I have the cash for a premium crossover automatic, I want one with leather upholstery and a swanky touchscreen and the latest wiz bang gadgetry.

While we are at it, if you can add more features like a sunroof, all wheel drive, ESP, HSA and TCS, more airbags, cornering lights, etc. I would be happy to pay a premium for their inclusion. If you are going to make a premium crossover or SUV, why not go all out and make it something no quality seeking customer can turn down?

Thanks for your time. I am really glad to see absolutely classy vehicles on the road carrying Maruti Suzuki badges of late.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks