Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which design of S-Cross do you like better?
Current design is better 150 23.44%
Facelifted look is much better 297 46.41%
It's a matter of personal taste but actually both look good 59 9.22%
Neither of the two look any good to me 134 20.94%
Voters: 640. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2017, 22:23   #331
Senior - BHPian

re: 2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post

Brilliant photo.

Even the other one had a x1-ish feel to it.

Except most people would compare it with the Creta and it would *still* fall short of the typical common man's criteria of a SUV - looks has been the one big thing holding this car back, and to me, the facelift doesnt do enough :(
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 22:41   #332
BHPian

It does for me. I think this car looks fantastic from the back and the side even now, but is let down by the front end design. The facelift addresses that, and I really like the way it looks in photographs. I actually prefer it if not everyone loves it at first glance. It adds to the character of the vehicle and ensures that it won't start selling five thousand units per month anytime soon, which means it'll retain its uniqueness on the streets.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 22:48   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
Attachment 1654056

Attachment 1654058
  • Got the 1st picture above as forward. This is the facelift version which has custom alloys & tyres. Looks hot isnt't it? For few of my friends who are Scross admirers and prospective buyers, this is their current wallpaper set up.
  • The 2nd picture below is my humble tusker / current Indian version with stock alloys and stock size tyres (P3STs)
  • Credits to respective gentlemen for the forward and to respective photographers
What a tranformation!! The side profile looks great now keeping in mind that what has changed is essentially the design of the headlamps and the front bumpers. I just hope that Maruti works a similar magin on that hideous dollop of chrome on the new grille!! I think a regular black plastic grill would be way better.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 12:54   #334
BHPian

I know June saw a dip in dealer shipments primarily because of GST and shutdown due to maintenance. S-Cross numbers dropped 90% from about 2200 monthly average to about 220 in June.

Is this also a sign of early launch of the facelift model. Really hoping for a launch of petrol model with AT.
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-scross.png  

damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 13:21   #335
BHPian

It could also be that S-Cross buyers tend to be more informed about the market in general, due to the more enthusiast friendly nature of the car, and most have put their plans on hold (like I have) in anticipation of the Diwali refresh.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 19:17   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
I know June saw a dip in dealer shipments primarily because of GST and shutdown due to maintenance.
Is this also a sign of early launch of the facelift model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
It could also be that S-Cross buyers tend to be more informed about the market in general
This has been answered by Shashi sir here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4231318

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Brilliant photo. Even the other one had a x1-ish feel to it. the typical common man's criteria of a SUV - looks has been the one big thing holding this car back, and to me, the facelift doesn't do enough
Quote:
I actually prefer it if not everyone loves it at first glance. It adds to the character of the vehicle and ensures that it won't start selling five thousand units per month anytime soon, which means it'll retain its uniqueness on the streets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
What a transformation!! I just hope that Maruti works a similar margin on that hideous dollop of chrome on the new grille!! I think a regular black plastic grill would be way better.
Thanks Gentlemen. I may sound biased since I own the current version. Due to the minimalist chrome, still prefer the current one over the facelift version. ofcourse the chromes can be blackened later on according to one's preference. Though looks are subjective, hope the aam junta accepts the facelift version and it can improve on month on month sales figures. Other than retaining the 1.6 MJD (fingers crossed), I would personally want MSIL to provide good set of projectors for better visibility during night drives than the one in current version. This is the only downside that cannot be modified easily in the current state.

By the way, though I give least importance when it comes to the looks department, have managed to capture few pics yesterday and have shared them in my ownership review section. Decide for yourself between the current one VS the facelift one (Didn't want to hijack this thread with pictures of current version. )

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4235442

@ aryayush : I happen to read your intro post and it was quite interesting. So a warm welcome from my side and wish you good luck with the car hunting process.
Keynote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 18:06   #337
BHPian

Likely that the drop in demand is in part due to the facelift launch being round the corner. The S-cross buyer is typically not someone who has a herd mentality. Given the facelift is round the corner albeit a couple of months away and that is likely to provide better value long term than buying a model that will look a generation old, most likely that the purchase decision has been deferred.
Quote:
It could also be that S-Cross buyers tend to be more informed about the market in general, due to the more enthusiast friendly nature of the car, and most have put their plans on hold (like I have) in anticipation of the Diwali refresh.
More than GST, it could be a way for Maruti to cut down inventory. If the facelift is coming in October, they do not want to be giving away too many cars at a discount in September. Even before GST, discounts of 70K had kicked in and post GST in September, they will have to dole out more discounts to sell pre-facelifted model stock.

Gasoline option is confirmed in the facelift per lot of showroom personnel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
I know June saw a dip in dealer shipments primarily because of GST and shutdown due to maintenance. S-Cross numbers dropped 90% from about 2200 monthly average to about 220 in June.
Is this also a sign of early launch of the facelift model. Really hoping for a launch of petrol model with AT.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 19:19   #338
BHPian

Did anyone confirm for you if an automatic transmission will be on offer?
Old 18th July 2017, 22:06   #339
BHPian

Owner of nexa showroom has confirmed to me but they are not an official source. Officially there has been no confirmation from Maruti though automatic transmission is confirmed by the showroom owner
Quote:
Did anyone confirm for you if an automatic transmission will be on offer?
Old 18th July 2017, 22:35   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Owner of nexa showroom has confirmed to me but they are not an official source. Officially there has been no confirmation from Maruti though automatic transmission is confirmed by the showroom owner
It seems logical to add a CVT variant along with the petrol ones but I have a feeling the diesel ones won't have an AT. But my guess is as good as anybody else's! 😁
Old 18th July 2017, 23:03   #341
BHPian

Yes, CVT with petrol only is what the showroom owner told me.

It won't be long I guess before someone leaks the official brochure of facelifted S-cross on team-bhp like it happened with a few new launches recently

Hope Suzuki does not pull off a damp squib like the hyped up Ciaz facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
It seems logical to add a CVT variant along with the petrol ones but I have a feeling the diesel ones won't have an AT. But my guess is as good as anybody else's! 😁
Old 19th July 2017, 05:49   #342
BHPian

Ugh, I hope this does not turn out to be an utter disappointment. CVT gearboxes only work for sedate driving.
Old 19th July 2017, 11:31   #343
Senior - BHPian

I am surprised we are talking about new powertrains and new transmissions on the S-Cross without seeing much test mules of them. The Baleno was spotted for quite a while prior to the RS launch.

The diesel variant has a dual clutch automatic in Italy. I suppose the same is on the Boosterjet version as well. Why would Suzuki want to plonk a CVT only for India?

Spotted the 2016 S-Cross just for a few seconds this afternoon, I felt the front chrome grill is definitely loud and out of place in a country where most of the cars have very subtle amounts of chrome.
Old 19th July 2017, 11:33   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Spotted the 2016 S-Cross just for a few seconds this afternoon, I felt the front chrome grill is definitely loud and out of place in a country where most of the cars have very subtle amounts of chrome.
When you say 2016 was it facelift versions?
Were you able to observe the rear? Did it have the 1.6 badging on it?
Do share photos if you were able to click any?

Apologies if you feel lot of questions
Old 19th July 2017, 11:40   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ugh, I hope this does not turn out to be an utter disappointment. CVT gearboxes only work for sedate driving.
It is likely to be the conventional 6 AT( Torque Converter) and not CVT.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks