Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Which design of S-Cross do you like better?
Current design is better 150 23.44%
Facelifted look is much better 297 46.41%
It's a matter of personal taste but actually both look good 59 9.22%
Neither of the two look any good to me 134 20.94%
Voters: 640. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2017, 18:25   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh

Spotted in Shimla by a Carwale spy, sporting a new set of alloy wheels.

Quote:
The new car is expected to have a restyled front with vertically slatted chrome grille and a redesigned skid plate up front. The headlamp assembly is expected to be tweaked and is expected to house DRLs, projectors and cornering lamps.
In the spy pictures, the side profile displays the door mounted wing mirror and the new car will continue to carry quarter windows for better visibility. The prototype exhibits a new set of alloy wheels, however, the new car is expected to be offered with a set of 17 inch alloy wheels as an optional package.
The rear end of the new car is also expected to be reworked and the new vehicle is expected to house a restyled tail lamp.
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-marutisuzukiscrossleftsideview103078.jpg

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-marutisuzukiscrossleftsideview103077.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 19:14   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is the likely Petrol engine( same in Indonesia) specs in the upcoming S Cross face-lift slated for an October launch,

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-22.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 19:32   #348
BHPian

Wow, this is looking very promising! I was hoping for September though. My parents are hoping to take delivery before Diwali and a launch in October would probably mean that that would not be possible, so they might then start asking me to consider other cars.

Last edited by aryayush : 20th July 2017 at 19:34.
Old 20th July 2017, 23:01   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
Wow, this is looking very promising! I was hoping for September though. My parents are hoping to take delivery before Diwali and a launch in October would probably mean that that would not be possible, so they might then start asking me to consider other cars.
I am in a similar dilemma! Sold my 2008 Civic AT and was almost finalised on a diesel Alpha 1.6 when I chanced upon this thread to see an impending facelift. After the quiet, silky smooth 1.8 iVTEC, I'd prefer a petrol over a diesel any damn day, no matter what punch that DDIS320 provides!

The only issue will be that I may have no personal mode of transport until the end of October! Sincerely hoping that the petrol engine is not disappointing, even if it isn't available in an AT form.
yash1229 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 23:14   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash1229 View Post
Sincerely hoping that the petrol engine is not disappointing, even if it isn't available in an AT form.
Have you driven the erstwhile SX4 VVT?? The drive will be similar.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 23:19   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post

Regards,
Shashi
Nope, I haven't. But, I've heard from friends who've had it that it's a surprisingly fun car to drive.
After owning a Ikon 1.6 and a Honda Civic, my bar for cars with driving pleasure has been set high.
Old 20th July 2017, 23:22   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nope, I haven't. But, I've heard from friends who've had it that it's a surprisingly fun car to drive.
After owning a Ikon 1.6 and a Honda Civic, my bar for cars with driving pleasure has been set high.
While I cannot compare the SX4 with the Ikon or the Civic(surrendered immediately due to pathetic low end torque ), I can assure you that it isn't boring for sure. Much better than the Ciaz 1.4.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 00:13   #353
BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
Shashi
Damn. Then it's gonna continue selling 2000 units each month. Being an ex SX4 owner with the updated engine at the time and now having the new City, there's a world of difference. The City petrol is in a different league altogether.

PS: only commenting on the engine and not the car. The car was awesome with the pseudo SUV feeling due to the crazy ground clearance.
Old 21st July 2017, 00:19   #354
BHPian

Spot on. The placement of the door mounted rear view mirror is very similar to what we see on the facelifted S-cross launched in other places. Facelifted S-cross picture attached

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Spotted in Shimla by a Carwale spy, sporting a new set of alloy wheels.
This engine is manufactured in India and exported to Indonesia. This is much lesser powered than the China 1.6 Innotec engine. Per my sources (for which I have received flak as they are showroom sources), the gasoline engines that are making their way into the S-cross are the 1.0 Boosterjet and 1.4 Boosterjet
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Here is the likely Petrol engine( same in Indonesia) specs in the upcoming S Cross face-lift slated for an October launch,
October was what was hinted at by Maruti Suzuki officially during Ciaz facelift launch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
The boosterjet will not disappoint you. Suzuki gasoline engines are top class and the K-series has been a segment leader for few years short of a decade now
Quote:
The only issue will be that I may have no personal mode of transport until the end of October! Sincerely hoping that the petrol engine is not disappointing, even if it isn't available in an AT form.
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-scross.jpg  

bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 00:50   #355
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Damn. Then it's gonna continue selling 2000 units each month. Being an ex SX4 owner with the updated engine at the time and now having the new City, there's a world of difference. The City petrol is in a different league altogether.

PS: only commenting on the engine and not the car. The car was awesome with the pseudo SUV feeling due to the crazy ground clearance.
I guess it's the whole package, and not just the engine which makes or breaks the car. Had it not been the case, the Ciaz would be the least selling model in its class.

The 1.5L M series on the S Cross makes it a decent performer, if not exciting. There is no denying that the 1.5 iVtec is the benchmark engine in the 1500cc segment, but I guess it's too early to write off a product which is yet to be launched.

My dad had that 1.5L S-Cross as his daily drive for about a month when he was in Indonesia last year, and if we get the same state of tune, I think the sales will improve.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 21st July 2017 at 00:51.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 01:03   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
When you say 2016 was it facelift versions?
I say 2016 because, it was with this in your face chrome grill that S-Cross is going to be with post-facelift (that was launched here late last year), which is distinct enough to be spotted from a distance.

I hardly saw the car for 2-3 seconds and didn't have a good look at the rear, nor enough time to click pictures.

S-Cross diesel in Italy has only been sold with the Fiat 1.6 engine, even prior to this facelift. The petrol powertrain was previously only 1.6 NA (K16A?), is is now available with 1.0 and 1.4 Boosterjet engine options.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 01:40   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
S-Cross diesel in Italy has only been sold with the Fiat 1.6 engine, even prior to this facelift. The petrol powertrain was previously only 1.6 NA (K16A?), is is now available with 1.0 and 1.4 Boosterjet engine options.
S-Cross was launched with 2 engine options in Europe. They were 1.6 MJD from Fiat and M16 Suzuki petrol. Suzuki discontinued M16 and introduced 1.0 and 1.4 booster jet engines later.

Some Asian markets get downsized M16 engine. These engines are produced in India.
Old 21st July 2017, 09:27   #358
BHPian

Quote:
I guess it's the whole package, and not just the engine which makes or breaks the car. Had it not been the case, the Ciaz would be the least selling model in its class.

The 1.5L M series on the S Cross makes it a decent performer, if not exciting. There is no denying that the 1.5 iVtec is the benchmark engine in the 1500cc segment, but I guess it's too early to write off a product which is yet to be launched.

My dad had that 1.5L S-Cross as his daily drive for about a month when he was in Indonesia last year, and if we get the same state of tune, I think the sales will improve.

Regards,
Shashi
I agree with you Shashi. I guess the enthusiast in me was speaking while I was typing the post!

The S - Cross is a lovely car and I really hope Maruti devotes some resources to promote it with the new engines. Or do they want to concentrate on Brezza due to margins? Time will tell!
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 09:52   #359
BHPian

I don’t understand why you want a car you like to sell more than 2,000 units per month? Anything approaching unit sales of 5,000 per month becomes as common as autorickshaws on the streets.
Old 21st July 2017, 10:00   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
The S - Cross is a lovely car and I really hope Maruti devotes some resources to promote it with the new engines.
Maruti Suzuki will not give up on S Cross that easily.

You will see it when the face-lift S Cross is launched. More feature rich, new engines and aggressive pricing!

Already commercials of S Cross ( current version) is airing in Prime TV slots

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st July 2017 at 10:15.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed