Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which design of S-Cross do you like better?
Current design is better 150 23.44%
Facelifted look is much better 297 46.41%
It's a matter of personal taste but actually both look good 59 9.22%
Neither of the two look any good to me 134 20.94%
Voters: 640. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2017, 09:16   #376
BHPian

IndianAutosBlog: India-bound Suzuki S-Cross facelift (2017 Maruti S-Cross) heads into Taiwan
Quote:
The facelifted model swaps the old model's 1.6-litre naturally aspirated engine with the new 1.4-litre BOOSTERJET turbocharged engine. The new engine produces 140 PS at 5,500 rpm and 22.4 kg.m (219.67 Nm) of torque from 1,500-4,000 rpm. A 6-speed automatic transmission has replaced the CVT. With this configuration, a combined fuel economy figure of 17.3 km/l is achieved.
That's it. That's all I need. Just do the same in India, Maruti Suzuki.
aryayush is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 09:17   #377
BHPian

re: 2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh

India-bound S-Cross facelift launched in Taiwan

Quote:
The 2017 Suzuki S-Cross gets a refreshed front-end with a waterfall grille flanked by newly designed LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs and a restyled bumper. At the sides, there are new 17-inch alloy wheels, while at the rear, the tail lamps are tweaked and have LED brake lights.

The facelifted model swaps the old model’s 1.6-litre naturally aspirated engine with the new 1.4-litre BOOSTERJET turbocharged engine. The new engine produces 140 PS at 5,500 rpm and 22.4 kg.m (219.67 Nm) of torque from 1,500-4,000 rpm. A 6-speed automatic transmission has replaced the CVT. With this configuration, a combined fuel economy figure of 17.3 km/l is achieved.

The 2017 Suzuki SX4 is available in Taiwan only in the GLX grade, for a price of NT$85,80,000 (INR 18.18 lakh). Keyless entry, engine push-start button, cruise control, dual-zone climate control system and CD/MP3 player with Bluetooth connectivity, four speakers and two tweeters are among the equipment highlights. On the safety front, the crossover is equipped with seven airbags, ABS with EBD with BA, ESP and HHC.
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-1.jpg
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-2.jpg
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-3.jpg
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-4.jpg
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-5.jpg
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-6.jpg

Source: IAB
damager21 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 09:39   #378
BHPian

I heard otherwise like mentioned earlier from the Nexa showroom owner. Our friend Carma has been spot-on regarding anything related to Maruti Suzuki in India. One surprise like Rahul mentions below is that there haven't been enough test mules on the roads. If there were engine changes, there should have been a lot more testing on the roads and potentially some service advisor trainings as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
I visited my service station today and met with the GM of their Mechanical Department. He has worked with Maruti for over 22 years now and is a gem of a guy with a lot of knowledge of all things Maruti. He always has information of all departments be it technical, body shop, MGA and even about sales channels. He is my go to guy for everything I need to know or get done with my S-Cross.

I had some chit chat with him about the facelift S-Cross. He told me that the car would be available around October festive season. On asking about the variants or engine combinations, he told me that the current 1.3 diesel engine will most probably be there. Sales officials have been against import of 1.6 MJD since the January 2016 price correction so it is very unlikely that this 1.6 MJD will be continued. The Delta & Zeta 1.6 S-Cross models were discontinued, import of the engine was controlled as S-Cross was proving to be a non profitable offering as per Maruti sales standards.
This one has 7 airbags! Certainly not making it to India
Carma2017: Beats me as to why the Boosterjets would have a future in Taiwan but not in India
Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
India-bound S-Cross facelift launched in Taiwan

Source: IAB

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th July 2017 at 21:47. Reason: Trimming quoted post, for improved readability. :)
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 09:48   #379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
potentially some service advisor trainings as well.
Too early for SA training and all. They would do it one month before launch.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 16:48   #380
MCR
BHPian

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Spotted testing in India!

If there is going to be a petrol engine, it has to be 1.0 Boosterjet with a 5 speed manual transmission!
I can't imagine MSIL plonk a 1.4L Boosterjet in this car, for three reasons. One it has to be imported, two extensive field trials are needed before the launch and the FE is not really amazing!
In all probability it will be 1.3L Multijet and 1.0L Boosterjet in the face lifted S-Cross. Waiting to drive the one with the Boosterjet engine!
Old 23rd July 2017, 21:16   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
If there is going to be a petrol engine, it has to be 1.0 Boosterjet with a 5 speed manual transmission!
It will most likely be the 1.5l petrol engine already engineered , built in India and exported to Indonesia!
Old 24th July 2017, 14:14   #382
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki did sign a deal for 1.5 Lakh + diesel engines with Fiat. Wonder if it is for Multijet - 1 or Multijet -2. If it is for Multijet 2, then we could see the 1.3 Multijet-II instead of DDiS 200. That Multijet 2 engine will have 95 bhp power (5% higher) and torque starting from 1500 rpm removing any lags

With the Nexon coming up with 109 bhp diesel engine in a sub 4m vehicle, the S-cross will find it hard to call itself premium with a 90bhp engine
bhpfaninblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 19:47   #383
BHPian

Quote:
That Multijet 2 engine will have 95 bhp power (5% higher) and torque starting from 1500 rpm removing any lags. With the Nexon coming up with 109 bhp diesel engine in a sub 4m vehicle, the S-cross will find it hard to call itself premium with a 90bhp engine
Wow, just wow.

So Scross with 90 bhp is not premium compared to Nexon but with 95 bhp it suddenly becomes premium

Would be really helpful if you can explain what is Multijet 1 & Multijet 2?
Keynote is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 20:09   #384
BHPian

I said 95 bhp is at-least better than 90bhp and you infer it as premium

Multijet 2 has 8 injections per cycle while Multijet 1 has 5 injections per cycle. These injections are done so as to reduce noise, increase fuel efficiency and increase power.

More details in: http://www.techlineinfo.com/fiat-mul...ne-technology/

In the MultiJet II fuel injectors by Fiat Powertrain Technologies (FPT), the shutters of fuel injectors are hydraulically balanced to avoid reduction in shutter strokes. The new servo valve facilitate the precise control of fuel quantities injected into the combustion chamber. Through this eight consecutive injections with accurate metering is achieved. The “Injection Rate Shaping” (IRS) injection mode results in better combustion control. Through that Noise reduction , Emission control and Fuel efficiency is achieved . This MultiJet II technology is a big step towards the achievement of Euro 6 emission standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
Wow, just wow.

So Scross with 90 bhp is not premium compared to Nexon but with 95 bhp it suddenly becomes premium

Would be really helpful if you can explain what is Multijet 1 & Multijet 2?

Last edited by GTO : 26th July 2017 at 08:40. Reason: Toning down opening line - let's not be rude
bhpfaninblr is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 21:05   #385
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki did sign a deal for 1.5 Lakh + diesel engines with Fiat. Wonder if it is for Multijet - 1 or Multijet -2. If it is for Multijet 2, then we could see the 1.3 Multijet-II instead of DDiS 200. That Multijet 2 engine will have 95 bhp power (5% higher) and torque starting from 1500 rpm removing any lags
AFAIK, Maruti won't be getting MJD-2 tech. Please correct me if I am wrong and there is some concrete info on this.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 21:13   #386
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
AFAIK, Maruti won't be getting MJD-2 tech. Please correct me if I am wrong and there is some concrete info on this.

Regards,
Shashi
Multijet 2 was introduced way back in 2009. The 3 extra injections were mainly related to DPF and emissions. Maruti Suzuki is selling Multijet 1 in India, I believe.
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-fietmultijetii_thumb.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 24th July 2017 at 21:16.
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 21:38   #387
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
If the 1.6 motor is discontinued, I would struggle to see anything premium with the SCross. Infact, even if the 1.6 is present - now it doesn't seem like an attractive proposition with the 1.5 Diesel already been tested.

Build? It's good for a Maruti, but fades in comparison to the likes of VW, Hyundai and even the new age TATA. Safety? No option of 6 airbags, no ESP. Cheaper Ecosport and more expensive Creta offer better safety options.

Interior features? Smartplay system has been shared with so many other models now. No option of sunroof, not much premium materials either.

Engines? Not with the ubiquitous 1.3L diesel only coupled to a 5 speed gearbox. The 1.6 torque monster was the sole reason for my interest in the SCross, and now even if it is there - the future is quite uncertain. Hopefully they get the 1.5 Diesel first in SCross.

The petrol (1.5L NA or 1.0 Boosterjet) should be good enough, but not juicy enough for a 1.25 ton crossover to be called premium.

I've been following this thread with keen interest earlier, but not anymore. Dropped it from my list of propable upgrade options when I need to pick one up sometime early next year. Infact, that slot has been given to the Nexon now - the 110hp, 260Nm 1.5 diesel, HD touchscreen, Harman audio system, premium interior design with floating HU and covered sliding door center area all giving a much more premium feel at hopefully much lesser budget. (Of course subject to seeing both these cars in person post launch)
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 22:10   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Multijet 2 has 8 injections per cycle while Multijet 1 has 5 injections per cycle. These injections are done so as to reduce noise, increase fuel efficiency and increase power.

More details in: http://www.techlineinfo.com/fiat-mul...ne-technology/
Thanks for the link. Any insider info on the release of multijet II in India?
My understanding is that the reason for more injections are primarily for emission control, and the reduction in NVH was came along as a bonus. Reduction in lag was unheard with this upgrade, given the internet research I too did!

Last edited by lovetorque : 24th July 2017 at 22:24.
lovetorque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 23:35   #389
BHPian

No insider information.
There was an Economic Times article that talked about Maruti Suzuki signing a deal with Fiat to get 1.5 lakh 1.3L Multijet engines from their Ranjangaon plant. Was speculating that this might be for Multijet-II.

The internet research that I did showed that the torque for the Fiat Multijet-II 1.3 starts kicking in at 1500 rpm vs. 1750 rpm which is a reduction in lag

Besides making 95 ponies, this tiny four-cylinder mill also produces 170 Nm (125 lb-ft) of torque from as low as 1,250rpm and the full 200 Nm (147 lb-ft) at 2,000rpm
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/f...hp-102048.html

http://www.fiat500usa.com/2009/12/fi...ke-diesel.html
New 1.3L 16V MultiJet II Turbo diesel
95hp @ 4000 rpm
148 lbs ft @ 1500 rpm

As we see, the torque for multijet II seems to kick in from a much lower rpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
Thanks for the link. Any insider info on the release of multijet II in India?
My understanding is that the reason for more injections are primarily for emission control, and the reduction in NVH was came along as a bonus. Reduction in lag was unheard with this upgrade, given the internet research I too did!
agree
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
If the 1.6 motor is discontinued, I would struggle to see anything premium with the SCross. Infact, even if the 1.6 is present - now it doesn't seem like an attractive proposition with the 1.5 Diesel already been tested.
yes, that is correct. As per links I share in this post, the torque seems to start kicking in earlier for the Multijet-II. Maruti is selling Multijet-I in India. I have shared the torque/bhp vs. rpm curves for Multijet-I earlier and based on the links, the bhp-torque curve for Multijet-II does seem different
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Multijet 2 was introduced way back in 2009. The 3 extra injections were mainly related to DPF and emissions. Maruti Suzuki is selling Multijet 1 in India, I believe.
Possible either way. Given that they signed the contract for an additional 1.5 Lakh engines recently, anyone with insider information on the contract (other than showroom owners/personnel) should be able to tell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post

Last edited by bhpfaninblr : 24th July 2017 at 23:47.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 07:10   #390
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
It will most likely be the 1.5l petrol engine already engineered , built in India and exported to Indonesia!
If so, then why is it that there is no extensive field trials in India for the 1.5L Petrol motor? Another question would be why it was not plonked in the Ciaz which would have made it equal with Honda City in terms of engine size?

So it can be the 1.4L K-Series engine with a slightly different state of tune!, if it's not the 1.0L Boosterjet engine.

Regarding the 1.3L Diesel engine, it's now guaranteed that it will continue for a few more years to come and will be eventually replaced by 1.5L Diesel engine. But if you look at the timelines and the current slow down in demand for the Diesel motor in general, I think it's a bit late for the 1.5L Diesel motor!
MCR is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks