Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which design of S-Cross do you like better?
Current design is better 150 23.44%
Facelifted look is much better 297 46.41%
It's a matter of personal taste but actually both look good 59 9.22%
Neither of the two look any good to me 134 20.94%
Voters: 640. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2017, 18:56   #451
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The Maruti S-Cross has been spied testing with a new engine, probably a 1.5 diesel or could it be the 1.5 (P)?
Looks like a 1.6 badge to me. Or am I missing something here??

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 19:05   #452
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Maruti S-Cross has been spied testing with a new engine, probably a 1.5 diesel or could it be the 1.5 (P)?

IMO - it is the 1.5 petrol variant in the old configuration as seen in the Indonesian unit.
link
I dont understand why these media houses need to spin so much rumors, though the evidence they seem to have with them openly blurts out the truth.

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-capture.jpg

From the same website, they have an image where the 1.6L badge is clearly visible. Though the car spotted is a 1.6, they continue the game talking about a 1.5L engine, the engine being BS6 compliant and so on. Looks like a proper click-bait. Unless they have seen a car with a 1.5L badge, they should not claim as 'Spotted' and so on.

Last edited by audioholic : 15th August 2017 at 19:07.
audioholic is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 19:20   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
He has spotted couple of S-Cross in UK, quite surprising indeed!!
Why do you say it's surprising? Is it because they are not sold much or you did not expect Suzuki to sell the SX4 S cross in UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Interestingly, as per following review, the facelift model in UK has 440L boot space and 870L when seats are folded. In the current model it is 375L and 810L respectively.

Also I noticed following difference in dimensions
Current model in India
Length: 4300mm
Width: 1765mm
Height: 1590mm

Facelift model in UK
Length: 4300mm
Width: 1785mm (This is 20mm more)
Height: 1585mm (5mm less because in India car heights are raised for pot holes and speed breakers)
]
That's due to the fact that the UK cars do not have a full sized Stephney in the boot.

The width increase is due the measurements they take considering the mirrors opened.

Yes Indian S cross have been raised to tackle the roads better. Comprises a bit on handling but I suppose it's the need of conditions here.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 19:22   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
IMO - it is the 1.5 petrol variant in the old configuration as seen in the Indonesian unit.
I don't think that's a test car. It's a 1.6 . The face lift S-Cross is already being tested on Indian roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Why do you say it's surprising? Is it because they are not sold much or you did not expect Suzuki to sell the SX4 S cross in UK?
Yes, they are not sold much in Europe.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 15th August 2017 at 19:26.
Old 15th August 2017, 21:22   #455
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post

Yes, they are not sold much in Europe.
I see quite some S-Cross, Baleno and even Celerios in Germany. They aren't so rare these days. What is rare is to find the older generation cars like Alto, Swift, SX4.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 21:46   #456
BHPian

Quote:

link
This definitely looks like a 1.6 model, from the badging at the back. From the link, you can also see that the images are of the older car & not the facelift version.

The website seems to be taking a random guess of the new engine "Because there is equipment on board for testing and manufacturers do fake badge test mules."(taken from the Motorbeam's founder's comment on the article), which I find a bit hard to believe, personally.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th August 2017 at 16:44. Reason: trimming quoted post for improved readability :)
Old 17th August 2017, 12:41   #457
BHPian

No automatic is a big handicap, I was surprised to see how many have bought Creta diesel Auto. This is a very good opportunity for undercutting Creta with an AMT, at least 1.5 lakhs OTR, it may be a big hit. Panoramic sun roof is a big plus though.
Old 18th August 2017, 10:12   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I dont understand why these media houses need to spin so much rumors, though the evidence they seem to have with them openly blurts out the truth.
From the same website, they have an image where the 1.6L badge is clearly visible. Though the car spotted is a 1.6, they continue the game talking about a 1.5L engine, the engine being BS6 compliant and so on. Looks like a proper click-bait. Unless they have seen a car with a 1.5L badge, they should not claim as 'Spotted' and so on.
Only thing that supports media's claim of a new engine is the registration plate.
The number series is new (HR26 TC 6538) and has been registered after Ignis test car.

Ignis test car : HR26 TC 64XX
1st gen Scross test cars were all HR26 TC 50XX
kpzen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 11:41   #459
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
A quick render - of what I think looks better :

Attachment 1665869
Good job!
Although it looks like there was a high speed pile-up of a BMW X, Fiat Aventura, Suzuki S-Cross to me.

I am really hating whoever has joined the design team of Suzuki as the new "Grille design guy/gal". Simply not liking their new philosophy around the grilles. Seemingly in an attempt to make them look "European" they are making them a bit cartoon like. New Swift/Dzire have already started showing that.

My vote definitely to the CURRENT look being better.
Old 18th August 2017, 12:32   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Good job!
Although it looks like there was a high speed pile-up of a BMW X, Fiat Aventura, Suzuki S-Cross to me.

I am really hating whoever has joined the design team of Suzuki as the new "Grille design guy/gal". Simply not liking their new philosophy around the grilles. Seemingly in an attempt to make them look "European" they are making them a bit cartoon like. New Swift/Dzire have already started showing that.

My vote definitely to the CURRENT look being better.
Don't quote me on this but during the initial days of owning my Ertiga, I was invited to meet with some Suzuki engineers from Japan to get feedback. I was told that Suzuki does not have an in-house design team and that each model's design is outsourced to some local design firm in Japan. That's one reason why there's no cohesion of design among their models. This was in 2012 and things could be different now.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 13:54   #461
Distinguished - BHPian

Face-lift Maruti Suzuki S Cross will feature only the 1.3DDiS engine ! The plan to even get the 1.5-litre petrol engine has been put on hold.

They could add the 1.5l (D)( first will be seen in Ciaz) / 1..0 or1.4l boosterjet later, catering to the next emission dates.

Quote:
SCOOP: 2017 Maruti S-Cross facelift won’t get 1.6 diesel
This could be true as the face-lift S Cross was imported from Hungary with the 1.3DDiS engine in 2016.

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-capture.jpg

LINK

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th August 2017 at 14:10.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 14:44   #462
BANNED

Quote:
Face-lift Maruti Suzuki S Cross will feature only the 1.3DDiS engine ! The plan to even get the 1.5-litre petrol engine has been put on hold.
That also means all the enthusiasm in this thread is going to die down.

The decision makers at Maruti, please listen to your mind once in a while, instead of listening to your brain alone. A Baleno RS alone won't help in keeping the enthusiasts hooked to your line-up. A 1.6 SCross / Vitara? A turbo charged Gypsy? A modern Zen? A 140BHP Swift sport? Anything of these sorts on offer?

Quote:
The 1.6 engine from FIAT is caught in a 'potential' emission scandal in Netherlands. Suzuk's Vitara is affected and would not like to pursue this potential issue in other countries.

They would fast track the 1.5(D) in Ciaz and see if that works, or else as diesels are being overshadowed by petrols hence boosterjets could be their potential solution.
OK, but I was wondering what stops them from launching the 1.5 Petrol which is already manufactured here in India and exported to other countries! Or manufacture the 1L Boosterjet Petrol in India and reduce the price gap? Or introduce a properly balanced 4-cyl 1.2L Boosterjet for the B+ and C cars?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 18th August 2017 at 15:11.
romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 14:55   #463
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

The decision makers at Maruti, p--A 1.6 SCross / Vitara? A turbo charged Gypsy? A modern Zen? A 140BHP Swift sport? Anything on offer?
The 1.6 engine from FIAT is caught in a 'potential' emission scandal in Netherlands. Suzuk's Vitara is affected and would not like to pursue this potential issue in other countries. L I N K

They would fast track the 1.5(D) in Ciaz and see if that works, or else as diesels are being overshadowed by petrols hence boosterjets could be their potential solution.

Regarding boosterjet as speculated Vitara/ Brezza / Swift RS/ Swift Sport will likely be in Maruti's radar for future launch.

Also look out for Suzuki-Toyota's announcement shortly on their alliance plans and branding ventures

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th August 2017 at 14:58.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 15:28   #464
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

They could add the 1.5l (D)( first will be seen in Ciaz) / 1..0 or1.4l boosterjet later, catering to the next emission dates.

This could be true as the face-lift S Cross was imported from Hungary with the 1.3DDiS engine in 2016.

Attachment 1667504

LINK
The report itself seems to be contradictory. Early on the writer says that 1.5 Petrol will not come and later goes on to say that the 1.5 Petrol will have more power than 1.3 Diesel. As far as importing the 1.3 Diesel only is concerned, I guess it would be due to 1.6 Petrol on sale elsewhere and since India is already manufacturing 1.5P for Indonesia, the same engine would be tried for testing.
Old 18th August 2017, 16:23   #465
Senior - BHPian

With the amount of disparity and confusion think its better to sit back and watch for the actual release notes. Guess there is no point in being glued to the websites and getting your BP shooting up

But yes if the 1.6 is not forthcoming then it will be a hard time searching for a suitable car with similar specs unless one forces himself to upgrade to Compass. Else Rapid with a DSG to pamper the left leg.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks