Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Which design of S-Cross do you like better?
Current design is better 150 23.44%
Facelifted look is much better 297 46.41%
It's a matter of personal taste but actually both look good 59 9.22%
Neither of the two look any good to me 134 20.94%
Voters: 640. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2017, 16:39   #466
BHPian

re: 2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh

One thing I still don't understand is the lack of side and curtain airbags in the Indian versions. Suzuki can keep it as at least an option on the top trim. UK version has 7 airbags and Indian version has 2. We're beginning to see a lot of awareness in safety. Ford (Ecosport) brags about these safety features in advertisement. Creta has 6 airbags. When will Suzuki learn and bring them to India. It is not like they don't have it anywhere or they can't build it.
sngautam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 17:01   #467
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
That also means all the enthusiasm in this thread is going to die down.
Absolutely!

The sole reason for the SCross to become a forum favourite was the 1.6 engine. With just the 1.3 diesel, Maruti will have to fight it out with low prices and the Maruti brand backing - somewhat like the Ciaz, except that Ciaz looks a lot more contemporary in its segment against the established rivals.

It might steal some sales from the Brezza with the updated looks though! The prices are not too differentiated, and the SCross 1.3 is a much better product than the Brezza 1.3.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 17:09   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The sole reason for the SCross to become a forum favourite was the 1.6 engine.
True that. If there was no 1.6, S-Cross would have been already forgotten here .

Quote:
With just the 1.3 diesel, Maruti will have to fight it out with low prices and the Maruti brand backing - somewhat like the Ciaz, except that Ciaz looks a lot more contemporary in its segment against the established rivals.
I do not think it's going to make any difference to Maruti without 1.6. The sales might just improve as majority favour the looks of face lift.

Old Baleno 1.6 and S-Cross 1.6 would be the legends. I am happy to have both of them
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 19:38   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
The report itself seems to be contradictory. Early on the writer says that 1.5 Petrol will not come and later goes on to say that the 1.5 Petrol will have more power than 1.3 Diesel. As far as importing the 1.3 Diesel only is concerned, I guess it would be due to 1.6 Petrol on sale elsewhere and since India is already manufacturing 1.5P for Indonesia, the same engine would be tried for testing.
I am not sure how reliable these scoops are. Had gone last week to check the SCross, received a call from RM today that he is willing to work on the rates if interested. The article claims that booking for old SCross has stopped but my RM did not highlight any such constraint today.

The only thing he was consistently highlighting was that the new SCross will see only cosmetic changes and will cost 30k more plus it will be available only in diesel 1.3L.

I told him that I am waiting for the facelifted version of SCross in petrrol. Possibly he was trying his best to push me to buy the current model by citing price increase and only diesel option as reasonings.
Old 18th August 2017, 21:22   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
I am not sure how reliable these scoops are. Had gone last week to check the SCross, received a call from RM today that he is willing to work on the rates if interested. The article claims that booking for old SCross has stopped but my RM did not highlight any such constraint today.

The only thing he was consistently highlighting was that the new SCross will see only cosmetic changes and will cost 30k more plus it will be available only in diesel 1.3L.

I told him that I am waiting for the facelifted version of SCross in petrrol. Possibly he was trying his best to push me to buy the current model by citing price increase and only diesel option as reasonings.
Like I have said before, the Gasoline engine won't see light of the day in Indian market. Maybe when they overhaul the model some 4-5 years later, we will get to see a Gasoline engine.
Old 20th August 2017, 08:51   #471
BHPian

It looks like there won't be any petrol automatic after all. This is nonsense! I put off my purchase by three months to buy this car, but it looks like I'll have to look at something else after all. And there's nothing else I even remotely like.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 09:13   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
It looks like there won't be any petrol automatic after all. This is nonsense! I put off my purchase by three months to buy this car, but it looks like I'll have to look at something else after all. And there's nothing else I even remotely like.

Ayush have to test driven the Ecosport automatic? It has got a dual clutch AT and a decent petrol engine.
Old 20th August 2017, 10:22   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
For now I believe every news about S-Cross is a speculation. No one really knows if S-Cross will get launched with a petrol engine, with what features and what price.

What we know is that Maruti is going all guns blazing having launched Ignis, Baleno RS and new Dzire in the first half of this year.

In the next year from now they will launch S-Cross facelift, Vitara Brezza petrol, new Swift, Ciaz facelift and the Suzuki Vitara.

Going by this, it is clearly visible that they are not only working hard to retain their market share of 50% but in fact they are trying to increase their share further. This would happen only if they launch products which market is demanding for. In today's time when there is a high demand for petrol cars and a fair demand for automatics, it would only be fair to assume that Maruti would have gauged this and will launch its variants accordingly.

The current gen S-Cross has been plagued with low volumes as compared to Marutis other models primarily because of high price and non-availability of petrol variant. I am sure this is a strong enough reason for Maruti to consider petrol variant. Huge demand for Baleno and Brezza have been the primary reason for Maruti not launching current S-Cross and Brezza with petrol variants. Now that the wait time is dropping, it should have some breathing space to make required corrections in its portfolio.

C.V Raman, Executive Director, Engineering, Maruti Suzuki, has already said that “the S-Cross will get refreshed and launch will take place around Diwali” which means October. @RavenAvi already shared a pic of S-Cross going into initial production in April

If you could hold on for one more month, I am sure more details will be available.

In the meanwhile couple more reviews of the new S-Cross

Old 20th August 2017, 10:48   #474
Senior - BHPian

I see Maruti being very conservative and plonking the same set of diesel and petrol engines that are available in the Ciaz. The 1.3 diesel is the default engine anyway and there is no added investment for Maruti to plonk the same petrol engine as the Ciaz.
Petrol automatic might be offered later ( again same as the Ciaz) depending on the demand for the petrol s-cross.

I don't see any new engine options being available in the s-cross anytime soon.
Old 20th August 2017, 13:24   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I see Maruti being very conservative and plonking the same set of diesel and petrol engines that are available in the Ciaz. The 1.3 diesel is the default engine anyway and there is no added investment for Maruti to plonk the same petrol engine as the Ciaz.
Petrol automatic might be offered later ( again same as the Ciaz) depending on the demand for the petrol s-cross.

I don't see any new engine options being available in the s-cross anytime soon.
I have to agree with you on this front , Maruti won't move away from their tried & tested formula so speculations about new Petrol engine should be put to rest . However the 1.4 l petrol engine from Ciaz doesn't suit the S-Cross at all , its very anemic .
Old 20th August 2017, 13:35   #476
BHPian

The S-Cross as per my knowledge, is the only model in Maruti kitty that doesn't bring in profits and is actually sold at a loss. It is more of an item which signifies presence. So risks of any nature are out of question. What I can safely say is that, there will be no diesel, there will be SHVS variant somewhere and there would be a wierd toothy grill.
Old 20th August 2017, 13:56   #477
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
there will be no diesel, there will be SHVS variant somewhere
Did you mean there will be no petrol?
Old 20th August 2017, 18:26   #478
BHPian

The Nexa Jayabheri, Hyderabad is accepting the bookings and I have just done my booking.
My RM clearly mentions they will be available with same lineup of 1.3 and 1.6 engines. I trust the forum more than the Nexa guys, but neverthless I have booked it.
The guys at that Nexa also stressed the fact that it will be a pricey affair

Last edited by nagateja : 20th August 2017 at 18:34.
Old 20th August 2017, 19:01   #479
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagateja View Post
I have just done my booking.
Congratulations. More details on booking please.

In this thread: I Booked My Car (The "I Booked my Car" Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagateja View Post
The guys at that Nexa also stressed the fact that it will be a pricey affair
Can you please explain this part?

Last edited by a4anurag : 20th August 2017 at 19:05.
Old 20th August 2017, 20:09   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Did you mean there will be no petrol?
Sorry, my bad. There will be no Gasoline. It's reserved for exports.
Carma2017 is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed