Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Which design of S-Cross do you like better?
Current design is better 150 23.44%
Facelifted look is much better 297 46.41%
It's a matter of personal taste but actually both look good 59 9.22%
Neither of the two look any good to me 134 20.94%
Voters: 640. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2017, 17:06   #736
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh

Official Press Release :
Quote:
New Delhi, October 1, 2017: Maruti Suzuki India Limited today launched its premium urban offering, S-Cross in an all-new, bold and assertive form.
Presenting the all-new S-Cross to customers, Mr. Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti Suzuki said, "S-Cross, in its newest form, is an important milestone in our journey of transformation. The all-new S-Cross comes with an all new fascia that is bold and aggressive. By equipping it with the acclaimed green technology DDiS200 with Smart Hybrid we have been able to bring down emissions in the all-new S-Cross to as low as 105.5 gm/km. We are confident that S-Cross will strengthen Maruti Suzuki’s position in the premium urban segment.”

The fact that S-Cross enjoys a special place in Maruti Suzuki portfolio encouraged the company to look at this change quite aggressively. The Company, along with its suppliers, has invested over Rs 100 crore towards development of the all-new S-Cross. It comes with over 95% localization.

All New Looks
The all-new S-Cross sports an entirely new, bold design with a powerful upright stance.
The masculine and aggressive upright stance is accentuated by a sculpted hood design and sleek headlamps. The sharp LED projector headlamps, housed neatly with the daylight running lamps (DRLs), make the all-new S-Cross more assertive.

The imposing chrome on the grille, along with the emphatic S insignia, makes the all-new S-Cross distinct and premium. The rear combination lamps (RCL), also equipped with LEDs, are cleaner, sharper and more contemporary in style. Wider tyres (215/60 R16), coupled with contrasting two-tone machine finished alloys, give it an imposing on-road presence. Overall, the all-new S-Cross is much more premium, aggressive and assertive.

Chic Classy Interiors
The interiors have also been tastefully upgraded and made classier with a satin chrome accent finish, a soft touch dashboard and well-coordinated seat fabric designs. More new-age technologies, like an intuitive touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay would also complement the all-new S-Cross. The piano black coloured central panel, together with a premium leather finish arm-rest, adds a dash of premium-ness to the offering.

All New Powertrain
In its newest form, the all-New S-Cross scores high not just on looks but also in technology and powertrain. The all-new S-Cross gets the DDiS 200 with Smart Hybrid technology. This is the third model in the Maruti Suzuki portfolio to host the DDiS 200 with Smart Hybrid technology. It comes packed with a host of features like idle-stop-start, torque assist, brake energy regeneration system and a gearshift indicator. Many of these features enhance energy efficiency in the S-Cross.

Ahead in safety: Tested at the company’s world-class Rohtak R&D facility, the all-new S-Cross is among the six models already compliant with advanced upcoming new safety norms - frontal offset crash, side impact and pedestrian safety. It comes with rear seat ISO-FIX child seat safety mount. These features are standard across all variants of S-Cross

Launched in August 2015, S-Cross was the first premium offering to debut from the Company’s all new premium retail channel-NEXA. S-Cross therefore, has been instrumental in shaping the premium imagery of the channel and contributed significantly towards establishing NEXA. The Company has sold over 53,000 S-Cross in the domestic market and exported over 4,600 units.
https://www.marutisuzuki.com/press-r...ober-2017.aspx
  • 100 crores investment
  • 95 % localisation
  • 53,000 domestic sales and 4600 units Exported
  • Crash tested at Rohtak R & D facility

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 1st October 2017 at 17:10.
Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 17:41   #737
BANNED

Imo, even though the pricing is ok considering the updates, the pricing / updated looks is not enough to gain a significantly better sales than current numbers. They had to price it much aggressively at around 7.99L ex-showroom for the base variant to have a shocking re-entry. I know it is too much an ask, but to arrest some sales from creta / c+ sedans need some kind of such steps. Or they have to bring the international vitara at a very competative price.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 1st October 2017 at 18:02.
Old 1st October 2017, 19:59   #738
BHPian

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Spotted testing in India!

Few observations, compared to the previous S Cross:-

1. Kerb weight has gone up by 35 kgs.

2. Turning radius has gone up from 5.2m to 5.5m. Can't justify the increment. The only factor looks like the 10 mm increase in tyre width.

3. Recent ex-showroom Bangalore prices are 8.38, 9.16, 9.86 & 11.03 for the outgoing model.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd October 2017 at 20:43. Reason: Typo
jaaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 20:06   #739
Distinguished - BHPian

PowerDrift Video Review :

Zigwheels Video Review :

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 1st October 2017 at 20:29.
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 21:51   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
That 1.3 Diesel isn't worth in this car & has made the car look and feel unworthy.

I agree, no petrol option is just inexplicable. If I was in market to buy a car in this price range, S Cross would be my choice as it is practical, has good quality build inside out and has got Maruti's after sales network. All these qualities are not present in any other vehicle today. But then if I won't like being forced to buy a diesel while my running is not high enough. Still, to say it's a mess is not correct IMO. If I really liked the S Cross, I will buy it in the diesel guise and get it remapped. This 1.3L multijet is so much fun if remapped that I would not even consider buying the 1.6L as the latter has got poor city drivability due to a big turbocharger and a heavy clutch. And yes, remapping is safe and reliable, it reduces the life of engine by say 10% but then who uses their cars for 3 lakh KMs anyways.
itsashishsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 21:56   #741
BHPian

PowerDrift : Face lift S Cross - Internal space is inadequate - bit cramped
ZigWheel: Face lift S Cross - Adequately spacious; fit for five people
Viewer: Confused!
smuniswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 22:05   #742
BHPian

I think pd messed that up. S-Cross never had space ​issues. It has ample rear leg room, the windows are big and airy.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd October 2017 at 20:44. Reason: Spacing
Dieselritzer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 22:09   #743
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuniswami View Post
PowerDrift : Face lift S Cross - Internal space is inadequate - bit cramped
ZigWheel: Face lift S Cross - Adequately spacious; fit for five people
Viewer: Confused!
S-Cross Owner(Me) : Not cramped at all. The rear seat base width could have been better to fit in 3 well built guys comfortably

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 1st October 2017 at 22:11.
Dr.Naren is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 22:20   #744
BHPian

IMO, the S-Cross facelift seems like a more of a confusion to me. It doesn't have that 1.6 under the hood, not sure when the petrol would come in and the equipment list also hasn't grown vis-a-vis the pre-facelift. If I were to shop from this segment now, would rather look at the Pre-facelifted S-Cross which can be bought at a steal (a distant cousin of mine got a very good deal on the 1.6 Alpha last month) or else if the old stocks are out, then with a lump in my throat I would strike off the S-Cross from my list and would move on. I really wished the facelift came with the 1.6 under the hood. I was impressed with MSIL before and now I'm not. A dimwit move from MSIL
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 23:18   #745
BHPian

Nothing exciting! Was seriously looking for a petrol variant. Nexon looks to be a better bet now. And of course the upcoming Ecosport facelift!
balajisv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 01:27   #746
BHPian

Everyone who has been complaining about S-Cross should check one thing, where does it stand in front of cars at the same price point?
  1. The Creta base diesel variant is more expensive that S-Cross Zeta, in which you get a fully loaded car, and you lose a few BHP
  2. The Brezza ZDI+ with same engine, with more SUV looks, but lesser space and quality, along with lower profile tyres.
  3. The Duster at this price point is only available in 85 PS variant and that variant(XE) lacks basic safety features.
  4. Ciaz Zeta is priced 80k more than S-Cross Zeta with same engine. Still Ciaz, with the same engine manages to sell 5k units every month. It also has petrol, but we can assume 3k diesel sales.

I think Maruti would be more than happy clocking around 3-4k per month with this car, which it should, considering the old one was clocking 2-2.5k per month. Also, note that with this number it will be the second highest selling car in its category.
autorahul is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 23:39   #747

No 1.6, not buying the S-cross now. Looking in for other options.
speed-demon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 11:08   #748
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh

The reintroduction price seems to be alright. MSIL was not able to sell 1.6 because of higher transfer price from FIAT, more so FCA is not planning to start manufacturing of 1.6 in India anytime soon (though 1.6 Compass is being tested for exports).

MSIL may introduce its in-house 1.5 mill which will generate 100+ bhp and close to 250 Nm of torque around 2019-20 (with Euro VI requirements kicking in).

Are there any changes in features across the four trims? (ISO Fix for one is now available across all trims and 16 inch steel / alloys) Any other change or new introduction?

Overall it looks a sensible buy compared to Brezza and may be even Ciaz (diesel) because of better build quality, good ergonomics and lovely space !

Last edited by i74js : 3rd October 2017 at 11:09.
i74js is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 11:16   #749
BHPian

The 1.6 was the only reason I would have bought it this is a step back from my PoV
Rohit Tripathi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 14:03   #750
BHPian

I'm not exactly sure what MSIL's aversion is to petrol engines or what the directives are from Japan. They didn't introduce a petrol or an automatic Brezza, which was illogical (but their diesels are still a smash hit). And now they are back to their original ways for the S-Cross.

Would love to heard MSIL's explanation. And also, I'm not sure if they are planning to include a CVT variant of the Ciaz. The 4 speed auto box is easily a 20 year old technology.
qr20de is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed