Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which design of S-Cross do you like better?
Current design is better 150 23.44%
Facelifted look is much better 297 46.41%
It's a matter of personal taste but actually both look good 59 9.22%
Neither of the two look any good to me 134 20.94%
Voters: 640. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2016, 17:52   #76
BANNED

re: 2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh

It looks more of a face'SINK' rather than a face'LIFT'.
chaudh2s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 18:54   #77
BHPian

That grill is hideous , reminds me of the Jeep cherokee's grill
Attached Images

mazda4life is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 19:05   #78
BHPian

Had posted this long back (in the original S-Cross thread), but it would do no harm at all for Suzuki to pick better examples in the market to get "inspired" from.

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-1.jpg
sachinayak is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 21:06   #79
RWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
SX4 S Cross face lift, view from rear ( no changes)
Tail light appears to be LED now. Look closely and one can make out the C-shaped LED element inside.

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-suzukisx4_rear.jpg

Coming back to the face of the facelift, I kind of like what they have done. In my opinion, vertical grille was the solution to S-Cross's weird front end, and this is what the Suzuki designers appear to have done. Vertical lines makes the front appear taller now. In the current face, not only is the front end too slender and low, but, also all the bonnet lines and the grille lines are converging downwards, making it appear ever lower than it is. Basically, too many horizontal elements drooping downwards towards the mouth. Certainly, doesn't gel with the rest of the design, which is tall-ish.

Having said that, the design of the new grille could have been better. It looks slightly amateurish, but, not so bad that a dose of glossy black wouldn't fix. Still, my bet is that the facelifted S-Cross would look better, in person, than it does in these pictures.
RWD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 07:28   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Multiples of face-lift S Cross's, at a Hungarian dealership!

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-13551544_1748485902084055_1221120163_n.jpg

Source- Suzukifanclub

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th July 2016 at 07:45.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 08:18   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Multiples of face-lift S Cross's, at a Hungarian dealership!

Attachment 1525753

Source- Suzukifanclub
The facelift grill look like this -->

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-blackpiranhafish.jpg

There was a time when the Japanese used to take inspiration from Sharks, Tigers, Ninjas and what not! But this grill is plain ridiculous!!! The overall design seems to be a much needed upgrade to the rather 'soft' looking current version. I like the design, it looks muscular now and the alloys are neat! But that grill takes away the cake, not to eat but to smash it hard on the face!!!
Porschefire is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 10:18   #82
Senior - BHPian

Bumper looks good but the grill is a big turn-off, I hope lower variants wont have this much chrome. Now it looks more like a local Chinese car.

On a lighter note, someone can actually change the logo and sell her as a Volvo car with a premium in rural India
Old 8th July 2016, 12:58   #83
BHPian

Atleast make it look like this !
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-photoshopped.jpg  

veeru27 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 13:11   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
When this iteration hits Indian roads and if priced aggressively, this can become the 'Most Sort' after car in its segment, hands down.

That DDiS 320 is so good that the current S-Cross outer appearance just does not gel well. This facelift will give this Crossover the perfect stance I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
I don't mind the new grill at all. I think it looks way better than the current front bumper design.
I was wondering I can't be the only one who love the design, (compared to existing one, of course). This new front end matches with the size and feel of the car, IMHO. I would buy this any day but not the current model.

Even the headlights look ugly in the current model. The new ones look great.

Last edited by vjjustin : 8th July 2016 at 13:13.
vjjustin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 16:28   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

That is one ugly front end of a car. To my eyes it looks like the car is wearing braces to fix its protruding front teeth

Old 8th July 2016, 16:45   #86
Senior - BHPian

this facelift does wonders to the existing car's looks. IMHO, the issue with the current car was not the grill but the head lights- they looked sad and droopy. The multi element blacked out lights has completely changed that along with the chiselled bumper.

My 7 year old SX4 is up for replacement and if this facelift is launched with an AT, Im seriously gonna consider it.
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 18:34   #87
A M
BHPian

Just put a partition in the grille and you have an imitation of BMW X1 right there.

But overall, I find it better than the current S-Cross.
A M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 16:19   #88
Senior - BHPian

Black out or do a carbon fibre wrap on that toothy grill, and I think it'll be a decent looking car. More proportionate front end than the existing model.
Old 10th July 2016, 10:51   #89
BHPian

Wow , was not expecting this. Hope they change the grill for India not add another dallop of extra crome for the Indian version , if they it will be a moving high capacity reflector on our roads.

On a serious note Suzuki lacks aspirational designs big time , I feel that their cars tough mechanically sound aren't all that interesting to look at , case in point being the baleno and brezza. Hope the ignis will change my perception.
Old 10th July 2016, 11:35   #90
BHPian

This thread makes me wonder - is the design of a grill such an important factor while purchasing a car? Of course its a key part of the car's aesthetics that attracts a buyer to the car . But looks are extremely subjective and personal.

I personally would give a lot more importance to how a car looks and feels from inside - nicely laid out controls, good quality and textures, and a "feel" of being in a quality car.

External look for me serves two purposes a) that feeling of satisfaction or pride when you approach your car b) the feeling that you are driving a car that looks good or aggressive and has the same effect on others, and the pride/vainness associated with that. ( dominate the road, gets respect from other drivers, people look at the car with envy etc ). Both of these don't matter much to me personally, as I will be inside my car 95% of the car than outside, and am less bothered about what others feel or comment on my car.

But I guess all of us do get carried away. A reviewer gives some subjective remarks about the look of the car, and we allow it to influence our purchase decisions in a disproportionate manner ( I dont want to be caught dead in that car! ). And we somehow miss out on the more important aspects sometimes.

A grill is a grill, one gets used to it. we trashed many grills in the past. Many Innovas were trashed for their grills for example... but overall its something that just grows on you. The aesthetics around the car just develops in a country in its own way - Boxy MPVs seem to be fine with folks in Europe, we have a major aversion to it - though they serve their purpose extremely well.

Coming back to S Cross - I think its a bold grill, catches ones attention. Looks like its already having a love-hate effect on users. I personally dont mind it beyond a point, as its low down in my pecking order of features.
Bigzero is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks