Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which design of S-Cross do you like better?
Current design is better 150 23.44%
Facelifted look is much better 297 46.41%
It's a matter of personal taste but actually both look good 59 9.22%
Neither of the two look any good to me 134 20.94%
Voters: 640. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2017, 21:51   #436
BHPian

re: 2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh

I’m still going to make a booking come September 1st, but I’ll have to cancel it if Maruti Suzuki does not offer an automatic transmission. I cannot imagine that it would make such a boneheaded decision though.
Old 11th August 2017, 15:29   #437
BHPian

It's a high-time Maruti Suzuki realizes that automatics(AMT & Conventional) are the next growth area.

Off-late all the metros are burgeoning with traffic, people, while the infrastructure is not being improved resulting in long traffic jams. For example, in Hyderabad (Dare not to talk about Bengaluru) I guess nobody would imagine a Traffic Jam on ORR but now a days during peak hours, ORR Gachibowli exit and the whole area has become a terrific traffic nightmare & when it rains the situation is more worse. Office goers who have to chug in these kind of traffic, day in day out are bound to get back, knee, toe, & ankle problems in the long run.

I don't understand why Maruti doesn't give automatic option in brezza, s-cross which happen to be the most sought after cars now a days. I waited like crazy for an automatic in Brezza, S-Corss and had to go for Dzire AMT. Looks like Maruti is only interested in only manufacturing what sells in large volumes. Completely unhappy with Maruti's attitude!!!!
G V Krishna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 18:07   #438
BHPian

I'm hoping that Maruti will bring in Petrol and Automatic variants considering that they responded to demands for Automatics in the Alpha trims. Can't imagine that someone like Maruti who knows the pulse of the Indian customer miss such variants.

As a side note, would the current automatic gearboxes from the Maruti stable handle the 320 NM torque of the DDiS 320 ? I'm assuming the DDiS 320 may not come with the automatic
Old 11th August 2017, 19:03   #439
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks to BHPian CarMaster for sharing this from UK
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-img20170811wa0031.jpg

He has spotted couple of S-Cross in UK, quite surprising indeed!!
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 20:33   #440
Senior - BHPian

The drivers high channel released this video today for the 2017/18 sx4 scross facelift interior and exterior walkaround -

What i think -

1. Not a top end model, but a middle variant.
2. Dual zone climate control A/C for driver and passenger.
3. ACC information , i think is integrated to information cluster. (You can see AUTO written there)
4. Nice floor mats!
5. Rear middle passenger seat belt integration is just fabulous.

Please like their video, they make some good videos.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 21:13   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Thanks to BHPian CarMaster for sharing this from UK
Attachment 1665855

He has spotted couple of S-Cross in UK, quite surprising indeed!!
Not the best angle shot for the headlight & grille. Vertical slats should have had a slight incline. Evidently, the facelift isn't as aerodynamic as the current generation. Road tests will tell the complete story. Dealers have started unofficially confirming Sept booking openings with a mid Oct launch.
Old 11th August 2017, 21:49   #442
BHPian

The nexa guys in couple of showrooms, mentioned
just last month that the new s-cross would commence delivery in October and would most certainly have a Auto option, I intend to book one and left my name and number with them ( -nexa south Mumbai), absolutely ridiculous decision of maruti if they drop the auto option.

Last edited by TRANSAM : 11th August 2017 at 21:56.
TRANSAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 22:02   #443
BHPian

Wish the S-Cross petrol version will be launched with the new K14C engine (which is the updated version of the K14B engine fitted in Ertiga) rather than the old M15A engine.
Old 11th August 2017, 22:22   #444
Distinguished - BHPian

A quick render - of what I think looks better :

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-scross.jpg

Last edited by condor : 11th August 2017 at 22:23.
condor is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th August 2017, 00:28   #445
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
A quick render - of what I think looks better
This is an understatement actually. Looks brilliant IMHO.

Those braces need to go then it'll look better.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 06:19   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
A quick render - of what I think looks better :
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
This is an understatement actually. Looks brilliant IMHO.

Those braces need to go then it'll look better.
I think the lower variants might not have that gaudy looking chrome lipstick , so Maruti would have you covered. If not, 3M tape would be the savior.

OT - The front grill chrome lip on the new Dzire was borderline acceptable, but that along with the toothy grill in the S-Cross is way beyond that. And if this is where Maruti is heading with their signature grill pattern, then they need to tone it down quite a few notches. (Opinions entirely my own, no offense meant to anyone)

Last edited by r0nit7 : 14th August 2017 at 06:28. Reason: Adding OT
r0nit7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 19:19   #447
BHPian

I for one actually like the new design. It is quite a looker in my opinion and leaps and bounds better than the earlier model judging by the European model. I'll reserve my final verdict once I see it in the flesh.

On a side note, can someone please throw some light on the tentative pricing of Top End Petrol variant i.e., how much lower will it be than the top trim 1.3 Diesel variant.
Old 15th August 2017, 10:38   #448
BHPian

I am considering buying the new S-Cross so visited a Nexa showroom in Mumbai yesterday to check the current model. There is a 20k customer discount and an additional 20k bonus discount for exchange on the current model. Did not bargain yet so these were direct offers on the table.

Few quick points on the existing model:
* No 1.6 Alpha model available. It is discontinued and all stock sold out
* Zeta stock readily available in limited colors - Granite Grey, Pearl Arctic White and Premium Silver
* For Urban Blue and Caffeine Brown will have to place new order
* 1.3 Alpha not readily available

About facelift:
* Mentioned that it is due but no concrete timelines shared by Maruti yet
* Will be cosmetic changes on the exterior with interiors and feature list remaining largely unchanged from the existing model
* Petrol variant expected in the facelift but no information on which engine and whether automatic will be available
* Not accepting bookings for facelift model yet. Will reach out to me as soon as they open up

SCross is brilliantly packaged with all bells and whistles. I hope Maruti does not cut down on any of the existing features to make it price competitive. If anything, I hope they add side curtain airbags to the Alpha variant.

Currently the price difference between Alpha and Zeta is 1.7 lacs for which one gets LED position lamps, Leather package (Seats and sterring cover), HID projector auto headlamps, Auto wipers and Auto dimming IRVM. The price difference I feel is a bit too much for these features. Addition of side curtain airbags at this price difference will be wonderful with 75k additional for panoramic sunroof option.

The facelift variant looks muscular and grown up as compared to the current model and looks fab in blue.

Interestingly, as per following review, the facelift model in UK has 440L boot space and 870L when seats are folded. In the current model it is 375L and 810L respectively.

Also I noticed following difference in dimensions
Current model in India
Length: 4300mm
Width: 1765mm
Height: 1590mm

Facelift model in UK
Length: 4300mm
Width: 1785mm (This is 20mm more)
Height: 1585mm (5mm less because in India car heights are raised for pot holes and speed breakers)

damager21 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 12:17   #449
BHPian

Yes. I've been waiting from serious long for SCross and see no similar options currently or in near future within the same budget. I dont see why MSIL is making the delay, unless they want to wait till they are capable of producing the SCross amidst the Brezza load. But waiting till the brezza dust settles is I think a move towards loss.
Old 15th August 2017, 18:34   #450
Distinguished - BHPian

The Maruti S-Cross has been spied testing with a new engine, probably a 1.5 diesel or could it be the 1.5 (P)?

IMO - it is the 1.5 petrol variant in the old configuration as seen in the Indonesian unit.

Quote:
Recently, the Maruti S-Cross had been spotted testing in Mumbai and the test mule wasn’t the facelifted version. Hence, it is likely that the crossover was powered by the new 1.5-litre diesel engine
Quote:
This 1.5-litre diesel engine is being developed within the country itself by Maruti Suzuki itself and will also satisfy the conventional BS6 emission norms.
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-marutiscrosswithnewenginespotted.jpg

link

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th August 2017 at 18:47.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks