Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Which design of S-Cross do you like better?
Current design is better 150 23.44%
Facelifted look is much better 297 46.41%
It's a matter of personal taste but actually both look good 59 9.22%
Neither of the two look any good to me 134 20.94%
Voters: 640. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2017, 21:04   #481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congratulations. More details on booking please.

In this thread: I Booked My Car (The "I Booked my Car" Thread)

Can you please explain this part?
Thank you very much!
Here it is the Booking info updated on the relevant thread.
Link

Regarding the price, guys at Nexa kept pushing me to buy the left over stock of the SCross. They had 1 alpha and 3 zeta 1.3 SCross' available and confirmed that no new orders are accepted for the existing 1.3 and 1.6 models. Only thing they were insisting was that the upcoming model would be 70-100K costlier than the existing one.

Last edited by nagateja : 20th August 2017 at 21:09.
nagateja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 09:09   #482
BHPian

re: 2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagateja View Post
Thank you very much!
Here it is the Booking info updated on the relevant thread.
Link

Regarding the price, guys at Nexa kept pushing me to buy the left over stock of the SCross. They had 1 alpha and 3 zeta 1.3 SCross' available and confirmed that no new orders are accepted for the existing 1.3 and 1.6 models. Only thing they were insisting was that the upcoming model would be 70-100K costlier than the existing one.
How sure is your RM of the facelifted S-Cross being available in 1.6? Only asking because I was on the verge of finalising the current-gen 1.6 and am holding off due to the facelift.
Old 21st August 2017, 11:13   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash1229 View Post
How sure is your RM of the facelifted S-Cross being available in 1.6? Only asking because I was on the verge of finalising the current-gen 1.6 and am holding off due to the facelift.
I'm completely with zero belief on those guys regarding any info they give. I've made the booking just because they were accepting it and dint want to be standing in line if in case the 1.6 actually becomes available again.
Regarding your dilemma, thats a really tricky situation. But for sure, they had no 1.6 stocks ready and nor were they taking new orders. So basically we are now left with no choice but to wait and keep our fingers crossed.
Old 21st August 2017, 11:21   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash1229 View Post
Why don't you try and do the booking with the condition that final decision to be taken upon launch? If 1.6 launched in facelift, then you get that. Else you have the option to buy the existing 1.6. You might need to push for this though.
Old 21st August 2017, 12:15   #485
BHPian

Quote:
I'm completely with zero belief on those guys regarding any info they give. I've made the booking just because they were accepting it and dint want to be standing in line if in case the 1.6 actually becomes available again.
Regarding your dilemma, thats a really tricky situation. But for sure, they had no 1.6 stocks ready and nor were they taking new orders. So basically we are now left with no choice but to wait and keep our fingers crossed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Why don't you try and do the booking with the condition that final decision to be taken upon launch? If 1.6 launched in facelift, then you get that. Else you have the option to buy the existing 1.6. You might need to push for this though.
This uncertainty will be the end of me!

Will try to push the NEXA guys for taking the facelift 1.6 booking and hope & pray that Maruti graces us enthusiasts with it!
Old 22nd August 2017, 11:10   #486
Distinguished - BHPian

Selected dealers in Bangalore are taking bookings for the face-lift S Cross. Kalyani Nexa is one of them, though no variant details are known yet.
Old 22nd August 2017, 13:32   #487
BHPian

Exactly! Enquired 3 out of many nexa outlets in hyderabad, only Gachibowli one is accepting the bookings. Dont know about the rest. On interaction with senior RM, he says they have no information of 1.6 being discontinued. He doesn't confirm its further availability either.
Old 22nd August 2017, 14:33   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

The training for S-Cross face-lift is scheduled next month. We will get to know more details by then from our friendly RM's . As of now even they have no idea about 1.6.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 22:33   #489
Distinguished - BHPian

2017 Maruti S-Cross facelift launch is speculated on 30th August.

Quote:
The 2017 Maruti S-Cross facelift will see some cosmetic changes and some additional features too. There won’t be a 1.6-litre diesel engine. Yes the S-Cross will only get a 1.3-litre diesel engine.
link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 22:40   #490
Senior - BHPian

My friend has booked an 1.3 Delta last week and is getting delivery this Sunday.

Should I advise him to cancel his booking for the outgoing model and go for the face-lifted one instead?
Old 22nd August 2017, 22:43   #491
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2017 Maruti S-Cross facelift launch is speculated on 30th August.
Maruti always does training for both sales and service guys at least one month before the launch. I guess MS would just unveil the car on 30th. Well that's the present trend across all the manufacturers
Old 22nd August 2017, 23:23   #492
BHPian

Connected with Nexa outlets in Mumbai. They are currently not accepting bookings for the new S-Cross.

Spoke to the RM, she mentioned that they are still trying to get more info on the launch date and acceptance of booking for the facelift model. They have not received any directive from Maruti yet.

They have no clue on the engine and transmission as well.

30th August as the launch date seems a bit far fetched. If there are huge inventories for old model outstanding, I am sure Maruti will give at least one month to all its dealers to clear them.

If not, we could see Maruti unveil new S-Cross like Tata Nexon with actual launch towards end of September or first week of October
Old 22nd August 2017, 23:48   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
My friend has booked an 1.3 Delta last week and is getting delivery this Sunday.

Should I advise him to cancel his booking for the outgoing model and go for the face-lifted one instead?
If his choice is 1.3 he can definitely wait. Only if he likes to pay extra bit of cash and bear chrome overload on the face!
Old 23rd August 2017, 02:34   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly! Enquired 3 out of many nexa outlets in hyderabad, only Gachibowli one is accepting the bookings. Dont know about the rest. On interaction with senior RM, he says they have no information of 1.6 being discontinued. He doesn't confirm its further availability either.
You're right, only Jayabheri is accepting the others are clueless, I paid the initial amount for existing model, I got around 60k discount. I'll wait for day or two to decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post

New face lift has few minor changes, I guess for Delta there won't be much, except for front grill, rear tail lamp, and the new one will be costlier by 20-30k easily. See if he can squeeze more discounts on the existing one and if he's happy the current design then that would be a killer deal.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd August 2017 at 11:47. Reason: merging back to back posts
Old 23rd August 2017, 03:03   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyeo4u View Post
New face lift has few minor changes, I guess for Delta there won't be much, except for front grill, rear tail lamp, and the new one will be costlier by 20-30k easily. See if he can squeeze more discounts on the existing one and if he's happy the current design then that would be a killer deal.

Quote:
If his choice is 1.3 he can definitely wait. Only if he likes to pay extra bit of cash and bear chrome overload on the face!
He has got discount of Rs. 60,000. Now I am not sure how good or bad is this discount by s-cross standards.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed