Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Which design of S-Cross do you like better?
Current design is better 150 23.44%
Facelifted look is much better 297 46.41%
It's a matter of personal taste but actually both look good 59 9.22%
Neither of the two look any good to me 134 20.94%
Voters: 640. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2016, 16:26   #1
BHPian

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh

Mod Note: Our S-Cross Facelift Report has been taken live at this link (Driven: The 2017 Maruti S-Cross Facelift). Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

As per Indianautosblog Website, 2016 Suzuki SX4 S-Cross(Maruti S-Cross) facelift has been leaked

New images of the Suzuki S-Cross (sold in India as Maruti S-Cross) facelift has leaked from a dealer presentation in France, courtesy of Paultan. It gives a first look at the final exterior and interior design of the crossover.

The design of the front end looks largely similar to that of a pre-production prototype spotted last September. It gets a thoroughly facelifted front-end, featuring an all new upright grille with vertical slats, new projector headlamps, and a redesigned bumper featuring a larger radiator grille.
The interior has also been leaked, which reveals a design identical to the outgoing model. The only changes seen are the updated instrument cluster dials with new MID, new trim options for the dashboard, updated interior color combinations and seat upholstery with contrast stitching.

Note : I am pasting the pictures and above description from indianautosblog website.

Source: Paultan.org
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-scross1.jpg  

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-scross2.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 13th November 2017 at 12:18. Reason: Linking to report :)
engine_charan is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 18:01   #2
BHPian

re: 2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh

This is definitely looking better that the current one being sold in India, but I somehow don't like the vertical slats on the grill. It's looking out of the place on S-Cross. If the facelift is launched, I hope Maruti changes it to the normal grill offered in S-Cross, that will definitely look better than this.

Apart from this, the projector lamps and sunroof are looking good. I like the small kink in the light for sure.

I wish Maruti launches this update alongwith the petrol motor and hope that the sales pick up for S-Cross.
Amit_breakfree is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 19:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

The headlight somehow reminds me of the Merc DRL and the front stance of BMW X1. The recent price cut seems to have gone with the wind as there is no bump in the sales figure.
neoonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 19:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

What is the fondness with this steering wheel, every model has the same one, NEXA or otherwise. I mean, is it so difficult to design a new one which will at least be a little different than the rest?
dass is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 19:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Front grill reminded me of Ist gen Hyundai Sonata.
I like the current grill (if painted black) better than the facelifted one.
Pink/Magenta interiors are not to my taste.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 20:07   #6
BANNED

Found few more pictures:

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-700059841058397978.jpg

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-813042176786628211.jpg

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-1965478617756047344.jpg

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-934465330514631532.jpg

SOURCE: S-Cross Facelift - Spy Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
What is the fondness with this steering wheel, every model has the same one, NEXA or otherwise. I mean, is it so difficult to design a new one which will at least be a little different than the rest?
Same goes with the drivers side door switches for the power windows and ORVM controls. It is beaten to death and I am not sure why Maruti is still sticking to it and not thinking to change and start afresh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Front grill reminded me of Ist gen Hyundai Sonata.

Pink/Magenta interiors are not to my taste.
Hope they don't follow suit like the one they did in the facelift Ritz where they gave Red and grey colour for the dashboard.
a4anurag is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 20:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Found few more pictures:
BMW designs seems to have taken the 'Indian Auto-industry' by storm. Everybody is trying hard to look like these Bavarians, even if it means only slightly or remotely.

First, it was the XUV Aero by M&M, which has an uncanny silhouette of the mighty X6 and now the S-cross has those Kidney grill sort of design up front.

Personally, I don't have any complaints about this facelift and in fact it seems to add that much needed Character to the S-Cross.

But PLEASE MARUTI, get rid of those low grade/third class alloys on the facelift at least

Last edited by Vik0728 : 11th February 2016 at 20:26.
Vik0728 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 20:25   #8
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 12th February 2016 at 11:39.
Skyline_GT is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th February 2016, 20:34   #9
BHPian

I am glad Suzuki didn't treat us a third word country. They are providing same alloy design in European market as well
shashant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 12:25   #10
Senior - BHPian

Looks are completely subjective & my personal feeling that in this avatar the vehicle looks a bit dated. Problem seems to be the "toothy" grille is not gelling well with the existing hood / fender and the front overhang.

A slightly raked back bumper / upper grille, finished in simple honeycomb design with the OEM logo would have made things more elegant. Something like the 2016 Subaru Forester (which actually is a competitor to the S-Cross) would have made the Suzuki's front end look less gawky.

And i hope the lilac dashboard colour is a rendition only and not a production reality!

Subaru Forester 2016
(pic source: Subaru U.S. official website)
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-forester-2016.jpg  

arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 13:51   #11
BANNED

The ugly gets uglier!
Maruti or suzuki in recent times are coming up with ugly products, one after another. S-cross exterior and dashboard are downrightly ugly. Baleno though beautiful outside, the dashboard again is ugly. The brezza, again, a looker from the outside, the dashboard again is not a handsome design. They are loosing the plot it seems, slowly but steadily for sure. These views are based on my personal tastes, so don't pin me down.
chaudh2s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 14:18   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
The ugly gets uglier!
..Baleno though beautiful outside, the dashboard again is ugly. The brezza, again, a looker from the outside, the dashboard again is not a handsome design..
Thank god, found one who feels Baleno is an outright 'Awesome' looking machine.
I can give 6/10 to exteriors but not even 3 or 4 to interior. Don't know why, but I have heard many people (almost 95% out of all people from whom I have heard about) talking about Baleno's cabin being premium and luxurious). Ever since the first spy shot came out, I hated those interiors.

The dashboard of S-cross though looks sober and attractive, if not flashy. But new age Hyundais, i20 and Creta, beat every other car in terms of interior design.

It seems that, people at Hyundai have understood the fact that 'Buyer' spends almost 85% of his/her time (out of total time spent with car) inside and thus that experience matters a lot.

Hope Maruti too starts learning from it with S-cross facelift. The plastic quality and design of interiors in Vitara Brezza sucks. I saw it myself.

Last edited by GTO : 13th February 2016 at 12:37. Reason: Typo
DriveOnceMore is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 16:06   #13
BHPian

As per Indianautosblog Website

Comes three years after the current model made its debut at the same venue.

The Suzuki S-Cross (sold in India as Maruti S-Cross) facelift that was will make its world premiere at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show, according to multiple reports. It will be followed by sales in European markets, initially.

This makes it nearly three years since the current Suzuki SX4 S-Cross made its world debut at the same venue, adhering to Suzuki’s general practice of unveiling a major facelift every three years in a product’s lifecycle. As part of the facelift, it gets a thoroughly facelifted front-end, featuring an all new upright grille with vertical slats, new projector headlamps, and a redesigned bumper featuring a larger radiator grille.

The interior has also been leaked, which reveals a design identical to the outgoing model. The only changes seen are the updated instrument cluster dials with new MID, new trim options for the dashboard, updated interior color combinations and seat upholstery with contrast stitching. As of now, the engine lineup for the new Suzuki SX4 S-Cross has not been confirmed. It’s unclear if it will retain the same 1.6-liter DDiS diesel and 1.6-liter petrol, or pack the company’s newest Boosterjet engine range. It would offer a 6-speed manual gearbox, while a Suzuki ALLGRIP AWD system will be optional.

Mod Note: Please do not copy directly from external editors.

Last edited by ampere : 13th February 2016 at 17:32. Reason: Formatted unwanted tags
Old 14th February 2016, 05:31   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
The dashboard of S-cross though looks sober and attractive, if not flashy. But new age Hyundais, i20 and Creta, beat every other car in terms of interior design.
That is debatable mate I for one, detest the Hyundai design language. For starters, because there simply is no design language; it fails to communicate anything and is just a bunch of chrome, predictably shaped light enclosures and a few shadow lines thrown in for good measure May please the masses but is certainly not attractive IMO and a little research on the internet will show that I'm not the only design-minded person who thinks so. The Hyundai designs, like their chassis, lack character. As for the S-Cross, well it is no great shakes, but it does posses a certain understated yet quirky yet also handsome stance about it (much like many Subarus). Interiors are boring no doubt.
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 07:47   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki's S- Cross face-lift details trickle in. India plans unknown as of now.

Expected to get the new boosterjet petrol - 1.0 and 1.4 litre and retain the 1.6 diesel variant.
Quote:
A six-speed automatic transmission will be available for all units.
The 1.4 litre and 1.6 litre mills can be paired with a six-speed manual, while the 1.0 litre unit will be available with a five-speed manual.

Details will be revealed at the Geneva Auto Show.

http://paultan.org/2016/02/11/suzuki...-presentation/

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th February 2016 at 07:48.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed