Team-BHP - Kia Motors coming to India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Kia Motors coming to India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/173228-kia-motors-coming-india-10.html)

Saw a Kia picanto today, no camouflage, it was going towards Richmond Circle. I was riding hence no snaps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbp (Post 4340383)
Saw a Kia picanto today, no camouflage, it was going towards Richmond Circle. I was riding hence no snaps.

Today morning me too spotted an silver Picanto at Bellary Road near HMT Bhavan was going towards Mekhri circle. Surprised the car was not camouflaged, not even the KIA badge. I was driving but surely my dash cam recorded the car, will post later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaddiwale (Post 4340832)
I was driving but surely my dash cam recorded the car, will post later.

Here is the Kia Picanto on namma Bengaluru road today morning.

Kia Motors coming to India-picanto.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by srishiva (Post 4339941)
I know about garment factory management who travel to Andhra border for work. Good for Andhra Pradesh.

Hopefully, looking at the terrain of the region they will have good power availability or use solar energy to maximum.

Andhra Pradesh has no power shortage problem for the last 2-3 years. Also they are setting up Solar and Wind power plants in large capacities. Total 4000 MW of solar power plants are being setup in AP especially in Rayalaseema. In last 3 years Andhra Pradesh setup more than 2000 MW of Solar and another 1500 MW of Wind power plants.

I have driven Kia cars and IMHO I don't think Kia is a better car than Hyundai other than for its looks. The new generation Kia Motors have some good looking cars, while the old ones were some of the ugliest ever produced in the industry. Anyway having one more brand in the market is always good. More competition = better cars. Kia Picanto is a very good entry level car. I think it will be a good competitor to the Celerio. Anyway exited to see which cars Kia will bring to the Auto Expo. Also looking forward to the automatic versions which is be offered by Kia, if any. What kind of automatics does Kia use?

Kia's Twitter account is alive and kicking since one week :thumbs up

Kia Motors coming to India-img_20180201_133033.jpg

Kia unveils the SP concept -

Kia Motors coming to India-screenshot_20180207091154.png

Kia SP concept launched in Auto Expo. Looks very nice IMO.

Kia Motors coming to India-screenshot_20180207091151.jpg

Kia Motors coming to India-screenshot_20180207091256.jpg

Kia Motors coming to India-screenshot_20180207091312.jpg

Kia Motors coming to India-screenshot_20180207091329.jpg

Kia Picanto from Auto Expo :

Kia Motors coming to India-img_20180207_110946.jpg

Kia Motors coming to India-img_20180207_110952.jpg

Kia Motors coming to India-img_20180207_110948.jpg

Kia Motors coming to India-img_20180207_110950.jpg

Source : Auto Portal India

Kia Motors coming to India-img_20180207_111245.jpg

Kia Motors coming to India-img_20180207_111248.jpg

Source : Anand Mohan of evo India

Picanto seems to be a Grand i10 wearing different clothes. The profile of the car, especially the pillars are a clear giveaway. The engine specs also indicate a modified 1.2 Kappa petrol

Kia Stonic unveiled :

Kia Motors coming to India-img_20180207_112917.jpg

Kia Motors coming to India-img_20180207_112916.jpg

Kia Motors coming to India-img_20180207_112914.jpg

Kia Motors coming to India-img_20180207_112919.jpg

Source : Auto Portal India

Better resolution pics of Kia SP concept and excerpts from the press release.

Source: Link

A low res video from Kia India Twitter account:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvxsLKcm8G8

Kia SP Concept SUV in Hindi | MotorOctane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJD32NpW4Es

If you were thinking that Kia products will be slotted at a more affordable pricing range than Hyundai, think again.

According to Han-Woo Park, President of Kia Motors:

Quote:

"We will position ourselves at a slight premium because we cannot compete with Maruti and Hyundai on cost. We will compete with other automakers on the basis of our design, which is stylish, young and vibrant. With elements such as our signature ‘Tiger Nose’ grille, we'll be able to differentiate our cars from others.
Most importantly, we have to focus on reducing the cost for the Indian customers. I have a lot of experience in India, so we will try to bring out some cost advantage and meet their price expectations.
"
ACI

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4357508)
If you were thinking that Kia products will be slotted at a more affordable pricing range than Hyundai, think again.

According to Han-Woo Park, President of Kia Motors:

ACI

Even in the US, the KIA is not a cheaper brand than Hyundai. Both sell at a similar price brand as I am aware. While the Hyundai's are more family oriented, KIA's are supposedly sportier versions and are targeted on younger audience.