Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2018, 17:30   #241
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kia Motors coming to India

Quote:
All set to make its entry in the Indian passenger vehicle (PV) market next year, Korean automaker Kia Motors on Tuesday said it will have the largest dealership network for a foreign player that has ever entered the domestic market.
Kia Motors to enter Indian car market with country’s largest dealership network - Link

Source:New Indian Express Bangalore 5 Dec 2018

Last edited by NPV : 5th December 2018 at 17:33.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 12:42   #242
BHPian

Kia motors has signed an MOU with Govt. of Andhra Pradesh. Kia donated three Niro vehicles to the government which includes a Niro Hybrid, Niro Plug in Hybrid & a Niro EV as well.

Source:
https://www.thehindubusinessline.com...le25678162.ece

Video:

Last edited by Hickstead : 6th December 2018 at 12:45.
Hickstead is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th December 2018, 19:59   #243
BHPian

Received on WhatsApp. Pictures of the Vijaywada Charging Station.

Kia Motors coming to India-img20181214wa0016.jpg

Kia Motors coming to India-img20181214wa0014.jpg

Kia Motors coming to India-img20181214wa0015.jpg
SwapnilNalavade is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 08:59   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw "Carnival" yesterday. Had "For Kia Official" sticker on it. Looked huge and impressive. Couldn't explore much as the driver was sleeping inside . Noticed that even rear sliding doors had request sensors.

Kia Motors coming to India-img_20181223_152351.jpg

Kia Motors coming to India-img_20181223_152313.jpg

Last edited by naveen.raju : 24th December 2018 at 09:00.
naveen.raju is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 30th December 2018, 21:50   #245
Team-BHP Support

Television commercials have started. Saw this ad thrice during the past 30 minutes -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th December 2018, 21:57   #246
Senior - BHPian

Kia Motors coming to India

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Television commercials have started. Saw this ad thrice during the past 30 minutes.

Saw it too. I was not expecting the Sportage in India so soon? What is with the astronaut?

Has Kia pulled of an Omega? The Moonwatch kind of stuff?

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 30th December 2018 at 22:14.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 11:55   #247
BHPian

If KIA is not averse to properly compete with Hyundai, they should bring the Rio with 1l TGDI and price it similarly as i20 Asta. I drove one a couple months back and it was very nice to drive, very practical with lots of spaces and looks better too in my opinion. The 1l turbo engine is very rev happy unlike the 1.2NA in i10/i20 and it was very fuel efficient too - I got around 18-20kmpl on mountain roads (granted with little traffic but including driving on snow). I can't believe that Hyundai can get away with pricing the i20 petrol nearly at 10L with the same engine as i10 !
sabby_4c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 20:43   #248
Senior - BHPian

Kia Motors coming to India

Spotted the already spotted Carnival at Devanhalli this morning.

Kia Motors coming to India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1546355582.936391.jpg

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 1st January 2019 at 20:44.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 20:56   #249
Senior - BHPian

Kia's model range sure looks promising, I wish they differ from Hyundai in giving slightly premium (affordable luxury/sporty) vehicles with better after sales support. They should mould themselves like Skoda at launch in desirability of their products (not after sales). That way both can coexist catering to different segments instead of cannibalizing each others sales.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 21:01   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby_4c View Post
If KIA is not averse to properly compete with Hyundai, they should bring the Rio with 1l TGDI and price it similarly as i20 Asta. I drove one a couple months back and it was very nice to drive, very practical with lots of spaces and looks better too in my opinion. The 1l turbo engine is very rev happy unlike the 1.2NA in i10/i20 and it was very fuel efficient too - I got around 18-20kmpl on mountain roads (granted with little traffic but including driving on snow).
KIA should compete against Hyundai on every level, they should bring in the Rio, Picanto, Forte, Sportage, Cadenza, Niro Electric and Optima. There is only one way to take on the number one car maker in India, that is to create plenty of options within the same group even if it results in some competition within the group brands, and since Hyundai has had not much showing in the high end models like Sonata, Tucson and Elantra they should allow KIA to assume the premium position.. like Skoda has over parent VW. Even if 10 Cadenzas sell per month that is good showing for the brand.

Interesting things will happen with the arrival of KIA I'm sure.. they are going heavy on the marketing and if they don't skimp on quality, much like Hyundai and perhaps even manufacture greater quality cars than Hyundai then its going to set the cat among the pigeons. Ride quality, apparently is going to be stiffer than that in Hyundai if international trends are to be believed which is bad for me.. I'll hold my reservations until the test drive though.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 05:46   #251
Senior - BHPian

I do not know if Kia is considering the Carnival for India, but it could be the first true competitor to the Innova. I have seen this in other Asian countries and it does feel a lot bigger than the Innova and pricier too. But Toyota has been pricing the Innova at a premium in India than other countries, so if Kia can do some heavy localization of the Carnival, it can become a credible alternative. But it would not be easy though, since Hyundai does not have a Carnival equivalent, Kia would have to develop this from ground up, unlike Rio and other cars which share platforms and engines.
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 19:09   #252
BHPian

Isn't Kia partly owned by Hyundai? Wonder how they'll play out.

I have driven the Kia Sedona in the past. A very fine vehicle. If they have a good spread of the service centers in the country, they will do great.

Also, it's amazing that such small countries (Japan, Korea, Germany, etc) have such incredible international brands and products while it's hard to imagine any such thing from India!
Old 2nd January 2019, 19:54   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
Isn't Kia partly owned by Hyundai? Wonder how they'll play out.
Well, KIA & Hyundai are run in typical Korean 'chaebol' format, where they have cross holdings in each others businesses. Practically, they compete at every market where both are present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
Also, it's amazing that such small countries (Japan, Korea, Germany, etc) have such incredible international brands and products while it's hard to imagine any such thing from India!
Being colonized during the age of industrial revolution where the colonizer exported raw materials, suppressed local industries & sold imported items sure did not help ! But that's a discussion for a different thread altogether.
In the limited time since independence, I think we can fairly say that Indian industry has achieved a lot in certain niche areas (example ISRO).

Last edited by blackasta : 2nd January 2019 at 19:56.
blackasta is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 23:19   #254
BHPian

It's exciting to see a new entrant lining up popular cars from their portfolio in a market already dominated by competition.

I wish Honda and VW take a leaf out of Kia's books and offer the likes of HR-V, T-Cross and save themselves the embarrassment of a further loss in market share.
Old 3rd January 2019, 23:30   #255
Team-BHP Support

Kia Sportage first teaser TVC is out, noticed it during cricket coverage in the morning, though some automotive websites are claiming the model itself won't be launched. The SP-Concept based Trazor (nomenclature yet to be confirmed) is the first official launch scheduled for festive season later this year.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th January 2019 at 07:04. Reason: Removing Youtube URL; shared in post #245.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks