Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2019, 22:54   #331
BHPian

Re: Kia Motors coming to India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
That was one of Fords oldest dealerships. I guess the Mahindra dealership will serve as the Fords also
That metro ford was closed. Pps ford in museum road has taken it's place to cater in that area.
Old 12th June 2019, 23:29   #332
BANNED

Powerdrift’s welcome to KIA.

pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2019, 08:08   #333
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
That metro ford was closed. Pps ford in museum road has taken it's place to cater in that area.
They retained the Palace Cross Road dealership, that is becoming a Kia dealership
Old 18th June 2019, 22:26   #334
BHPian

Spotted the Kia Sportage and the Carnival today evening in Gurgaon.

Kia Motors coming to India-img_6120.jpg

Kia Motors coming to India-img_6130.jpg

Kia Motors coming to India-img_6122.jpg

Kia Motors coming to India-img_6126.jpg

Kia Motors coming to India-img_6127.jpg

Kia Motors coming to India-img_6129.jpg

In terms of dimensions, the Carnival seemed similar to an Innova and the Sportage more like the Compass.

Though not sure how far it's true, but I have also heard that they are coming up with a small showcase setup in Cyber Hub Gurgaon.

Last edited by satyamkaushik : 18th June 2019 at 22:42. Reason: Further Information
satyamkaushik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 22:29   #335
Senior - BHPian

The Sportage is one fine looking car. I really wonder why the Seltos came about in the same Size Segment as the Sportage. Which only means the Sportage has no place in the Indian market. Pity.
Old 18th June 2019, 22:42   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
The Sportage is one fine looking car. I really wonder why the Seltos came about in the same Size Segment as the Sportage. Which only means the Sportage has no place in the Indian market. Pity.
I actually thought it competes more with the likes of Tucson (hence Compass) and tucson is not really selling that great in India.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 08:42   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I actually thought it competes more with the likes of Tucson (hence Compass) and tucson is not really selling that great in India.
I think you are right. I too have seen the Sportage on the Noida-Greater Noida expressway (It was being driven crazily) and it appeared a lot bigger than the Creta segment. It will be positioned above the Seltos if Kia brings it to our shores.
Old 19th June 2019, 10:14   #338
BHPian

does anyone know where the Kia showroom/service centre in Pune would be? I checked their site and on google maps but couldn't find relevant info.
Old 19th June 2019, 13:27   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
does anyone know where the Kia showroom/service centre in Pune would be? I checked their site and on google maps but couldn't find relevant info.
+1. I too tried for the same but no details are available on internet. Had also enquired with one of Kothari delership in Pune, whose salesman indicated that a showroom on Tilak Road is under development for KIA dealership.
DriveT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 00:48   #340
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this Kia Sportage in Gurgaon an hour back.

Kia Motors coming to India-img_20190620_23325001.jpeg
//M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2019, 20:22   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

Speculated to come in early 2020, KIA's next product could Kia be a car smaller than Seltos - A premium hatchback or sub four meter sedan/SUV .

Premium hatch details are scarce at the moment but Kia has already got a formidable hatchback in terms of Rio and the planned premium hatch could be based on the Rio’s platform.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd June 2019 at 20:24.
Old 22nd June 2019, 20:44   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Speculated to come in early 2020, KIA's next product could Kia be a car smaller than Seltos.
I remember reading an article that stated the exact opposite. I'm guessing that these are only speculations by the authors ?

Kia has no plans to launch small car – Focus on SUV, MPV for India

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 22nd June 2019 at 20:51.
Old 22nd June 2019, 20:45   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Speculated to come in early 2020, KIA's next product could Kia be a car smaller than Seltos - A premium hatchback or sub four meter sedan/SUV .

Premium hatch details are scarce at the moment but Kia has already got a formidable hatchback in terms of Rio and the planned premium hatch could be based on the Rio's platform.

Link

The Kia Rio is based on the Elite i20, so my guess is that Kia will be the first one to use the next gen i20 platform, for the Rio, just like how they have used the next gen Creta platform first for the Seltos.
Or they could end up using the Venue platform for a sub 4m compact SUV, given that its an equally volume driven segment like the premium hatch back segment.

Either way, I would think Kia will do enough to keep its identity rather unique and even position all such cars at a slight premium to Hyundai with slightly better features.

And this is a good move by Hyundai. People expect Hyundai to match Suzuki in terms of prices. Not Kia. So Kia may actually generate better margins for the group and position itself as a bit more aspirational then Hyundai, somewhere between Hyundai and the VW kind of brands.
Old 23rd June 2019, 00:30   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Premium hatch details are scarce at the moment but Kia has already got a formidable hatchback in terms of Rio and the planned premium hatch could be based on the Rio’s platform.

Link
ACI did a story on this long back. Its mostly going to be a sub-4M SUV, Auto Expo debut, will share underpinnings and engines with the Venue but will look completely different.

Kia has time and again said they are too late to enter the small car and hatchback market in India so they will focus on "larger" cars and "SUVs" for now.
Old 24th June 2019, 12:08   #345
Senior - BHPian

'KIA is on its way', says a board at their showroom location at JP Nagar, Bangalore. This is 'Bang' on the main road and one of the most premium locations of Bangalore. Latest entrant MG is just a stone throw away.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Motors coming to India-img_9513.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks