Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2019, 21:11   #361
BHPian

Re: Kia Motors coming to India

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
Does anyone have any information on Dealerships opening in Mumbai, especially Mumbai Suburbs? I am in the market for an upgrade to my 7 year old Honda Jazz. The Creta is more or less finalized but I am okay to hold on till the Kia Seltos launch. I have not seen a single Kia showroom coming up in the Suburbs, so worried about the dealership and service strength.
Kia dealership coming up in Juhu gali, next to BMW showroom. The board is already up. Work at dealership is going on in full swing, I happen to pass by that place daily.
Maverick1977 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2019, 22:07   #362
BHPian

From a Pune perspective, erstwhile Kothari Hyundai showroom opposite Alka theatre has now been occupied by the Kia Showroom.
nsbhagwat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 10:00   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

Poor Sales Force Hyundai Motor, Kia Motors to Execute Massive Layoffs in China.

Likely to concentrate its Indian operation, though currently the market is sluggish.

Quote:
Continued sluggish sales compelled Hyundai and Kia to make a decision to shut down their factories in China. In April, Beijing Hyundai halted the operation of its first plant in Beijing, while Dongfeng Yueda Kia’s Yancheng 1 plant in Jiangsu Province, China, will be leased to the Yueda Group which is Kia’s partner in China for a long time. Both are their first factories in China.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 16:08   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
Does anyone have any information on Dealerships opening in Mumbai, especially Mumbai Suburbs? I am in the market for an upgrade to my 7 year old Honda Jazz. The Creta is more or less finalized but I am okay to hold on till the Kia Seltos launch. I have not seen a single Kia showroom coming up in the Suburbs, so worried about the dealership and service strength.
There is a dealership opening in Manpada, Thane. Previously, this showroom was operated by Hyundai. Now, it's getting revamped for Kia. And guess what, just 500 meters ahead on opposite side of the road, Hello MG!
Sachin_Nair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 00:07   #365
Team-BHP Support

Am currently driving a Kia Optima, it is very un-Hyundai like in terms of interiors, fit, finish feel. I was supposed to get a Skoda and I got this, and I have no regrets. It is a little more neutral in feel compared to a VW though.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 10:27   #366
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Sunil Choudary Makkineni for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
I would like to share the following information with other enthusiasts and prospective buyers of the Seltos, especially in south Bangalore.

1) Kia Motors is coming up with a new dealership in south Bangalore (Location: Singasandra) along Hosur main road, between Silk board and Electronic city.

2) JSP 4Wheeler Pvt Ltd is the dealer of KIA Motors Singasandra, Bangalore, which is close to their already existing Ford showroom (JSP Ford, Hosur main road).

3) This dealership has both sales and service. Service centre will be behind the showroom.
Kia Motors coming to India-20190702_090333.jpg

Kia Motors coming to India-20190702_090520.jpg

Kia Motors coming to India-20190702_090521.jpg
ChiragM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 17:57   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayguar View Post
Does anyone have an idea where in Chennai is the Kia dealership coming?
There is a KIA showroom coming up at Ekkatuthangal, Chennai near the Jaya TV office just before the Ekkatuthangal bridge (while coming from Kathipara).
vijay.sundar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 18:08   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayguar View Post
Does anyone have an idea where in Chennai is the Kia dealership coming?
There is one dealership coming right next to Tata Motors before Wavin junction on the Thirumangalam-Mogappair-Ambattur road.
thenomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2019, 13:51   #369
BHPian

Naara Kia on 24th Main, JP Nagar.

Kia Motors coming to India-9b9442a3edcc4e5e93b68d7f72df876c.jpeg
drhoneycake is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2019, 17:07   #370
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Stinger GT parked at the Kia MG Road Gurgaon showroom.

Kia Motors coming to India-img_20190713_16593501.jpeg
//M is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th July 2019, 17:50   #371
BHPian

As per an Autoportal article, the Grand Carnival is confirmed for launch in 2020. The MPV will be showcased at the 2020 auto expo before its launch in the first half of 2020. However unlike what is mentioned in the article, I think it will be priced higher to the Crysta. Its a longer, wider and more comfortable vehicle.

https://autoportal.com/news/kia-carn...020-15844.html

I have hired this a couple of times via Hertz here is Australia. Its a very comfortable vehicle for upto 8 passengers. The sliding doors for the 2nd and 3rd rows are also electrically operated in some variants. Not sure what equipment will come to India though.

Last edited by racer_ash : 13th July 2019 at 17:53. Reason: Additional info
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2019, 19:18   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
As per an Autoportal article, the Grand Carnival is confirmed for launch in 2020. The MPV will be showcased at the 2020 auto expo before its launch in the first half of 2020. However unlike what is mentioned in the article, I think it will be priced higher to the Crysta. Its a longer, wider and more comfortable vehicle.

https://autoportal.com/news/kia-carn...020-15844.html
The Carnival is a segment higher than the Crysta, but automotive portals have been saying it will be priced on par with the Crysta. If it does, it will definitely eat into Crysta's profit and could become a truly VFM product. This is all speculation for now until its launch. I guess the auto portals are comparing it with the Crysta only because there is no MPV in the Indian market that is in the same segment as the Carnival.
Old 14th July 2019, 12:47   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Naara Kia on 24th Main, JP Nagar.
Prebooked Setos yesterday. My requirement is manual GT. Apparently this is the biggest KIA showroom in Bengluru as per the SA. Not sure, but its bigger than JSP Kaadubeesanahallli and PPS electronic city for sure. I haven't seen Advaith on JC Road. Like other showrooms, this is opening on the 1st week of Aug, as instructed by KIA it seems.

Their service center is coming up near Mini forest J P Nagar.
Old 14th July 2019, 12:59   #374
Senior - BHPian

There is a Kia showroom opening in Thane on the Ghodbunder road towards Mumbai side at Manpada. This is at the same location where earlier Shreenath Hyundai existed. Incidentally this Kia showroom is also known of Shreenath Kia. The showroom is located on the service road just before the Manpada flyover.

Just Opposite to Kia showroom is the MG showroom which these days is experiencing frenzy crowds esp on weekends.
Old 15th July 2019, 21:53   #375
BHPian

Is Advaith also a dealer?. That is interesting. I remember seeing the dealership requirement checklist when KIA started. One of the requirements is that, the applicant should not be an existing Hyundai dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag View Post
I haven't seen Advaith on JC Road. Like other showrooms, this is opening on the 1st week of Aug, as instructed by KIA it seems.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks