Old 4th August 2018, 22:48   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Motors coming to India

CarAndBike takes Kia Stinger for a spin at Buddh International Circuit

RM Motorsports is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 23:48   #197
BHPian

Kia is giving out the entire fleet for review - I had the Stinger (left) and then the Optima (right). So if you do see these on roads, in all probability, it will be a journalist, and not a spy picture chance :-D
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Motors coming to India-whatsapp-image-20180804-23.46.49.jpeg  

BunnyPunia is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 14:36   #198
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
Kia is giving out the entire fleet for review
What is it with those plates? Never seen those kind of temporary plates before, name of the state isn't mentioned either! Will these cars go back to Korea once the reviews are done?
Old 13th August 2018, 14:46   #199
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to a Team-BHP Fan (who prefers to stay anonymous) for sending this in via our share page!

Quote:
Kia Motors have issued LOI (letter of intent) to the first 50 dealers. All top players from the industry (including Mercedes and BMW dealers) have been appointed at many places. They plan to launch with a bang - 100 operational dealers by July 2019 with the first product being a midsize SUV.

Even 2 Tier city applicants has been contacted by them.
GTO is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 18:57   #200
Senior - BHPian

mid size suv from Kia = Sorento ?

Kia Motors coming to India-gallery_sorento_2016_exterior_023kia1280xjpg.jpg
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 19:01   #201
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
mid size suv from Kia = Sorento ?
The first vehicle was announced to be based on the SP concept. Mid size = Creta sized.

Not a surprise since that segment is currently the biggest blockbuster success for Hyundai.
Old 13th August 2018, 20:16   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to a Team-BHP Fan (who prefers to stay anonymous) for sending this in via our share page!

KIA seems to quite aggressive in India and I feel they will achieve what some of the other bigger manufacturers like even VW or GM or Fiat could not in a decade. They do not enjoy the same brand recall as some of the others, but neither did Hyundai when they launched in India.

What will help KIA is the fact that they will move very fast with many launches, helped by the fact that they will almost share every model with Hyundai who have already created blockbusters of the same cars! So KIA can take the risk of launching 4-5 cars minimum that share platforms knowing very well that even if they fail there is not much at stake.
Old 13th August 2018, 20:43   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kia Motors have issued LOI (letter of intent) to the first 50 dealers. All top players from the industry (including Mercedes and BMW dealers) have been appointed at many places. They plan to launch with a bang - 100 operational dealers by July 2019 with the first product being a midsize SUV.

Even 2 Tier city applicants has been contacted by them.
Some things which I got to know from Existing Dealers of different Brands, who have applied for Dealerships.

1. True that Kia is going all out with dealership's, just as mentioned above.
2. Reputed dealers have been given priority, to replicate success like their other brands. Nice thinking.
3. Existing Hyundai dealers are not being preferred.
4. Own land is a bonus, since it reduces capital.
5. Nice locality with no nearby showrooms have also been prioritized.
6. Capital required is low. I will not reveal it until Kia Dealerships are being inaugurated. Sorry for that.
7. Kia wants to go all out by offering Attractive Cars at Good Price along with Excellent After sales service to start with.
8. Onslaught of launches will happen once the initial car (Kia Tusker aka SP Concept) is launched. Some cars of their global lineup might not come.
9. SUVs are flavours of the market today. Hence Kia is rumoured to launch slew of SUVs to start with. Tusker/Sorento/Sportage/Stonic/Hyundai Carlino Based Sub 4m SUV/Carnival MPV are all coming here in 2 years time.

Overall, it's a win win situation for Company, Dealers, Buyers. I can see Kia becoming a No.2 Brand very soon after its arrival.

Their strategy is worth noting of, I feel all upcoming Manufacturers/Brands/Companies should use their tricks for success.

How many of you (BHPians) are interested in Kia ?
CarguyNish is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 20:55   #204
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
How many of you (BHPians) are interested in Kia ?
I might be, if the products are niggle free and reliable. I need a SUV, so it has to have a good and capable 4X4 hardware, plus generous approach & departure angles. I am not looking at a 7 seater in compulsion but can do with a very spacious 5 seater, so breakover angle would anyways be good.
Old 13th August 2018, 23:05   #205
Senior - BHPian

Well, I am already a KIA Sorento owner and am curious to see how they position it in India. it certainly has some premium look to it and the Space management is good too. I do have some critics though but I'll wait to see how the India version turns out to be.
Old 14th August 2018, 18:25   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I might be, if the products are niggle free and reliable.
Considering the fact that Kia shares their powertrain, chassis and even the AVN systems with Hyundai, I don't think reliability should be of any concern with Kia-they might be on par or even better than Hyundai.

Also, the fact that as an Industry standard, Kia is the first company to offer 7-year warranty on their vehicles. (Not sure if they'll do that here).

On the other hand, I'm mighty interested too. Kia makes some really cool cars.
drhoneycake is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 22:45   #207
BHPian

Kia should do an Ikea. For a brand which the masses are not aware off, they sure have the potential to make a big bang with the portfolio that they have.

They should Launch with 7 years 1 lakh/ 1.5 lakh kms warranty to shake up the market. Already there plan to launch with 50 dealers is commendable.
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 01:04   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Kia does the 7 year warranty in Middle east as I know and with the sole intention of grabbing taxi market share from Toyota (I guess). My BIL works there and he said, these guys are trying to disrupt big time with generous replacements too within the warranty period. Guess these have no good resale in the market but.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 14:23   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Kia does the 7 year warranty in Middle east as I know and with the sole intention of grabbing taxi market share from Toyota (I guess). My BIL works there and he said, these guys are trying to disrupt big time with generous replacements too within the warranty period. Guess these have no good resale in the market but.
UAE is primarily a Japanese car favoring market. But Hyundais and Kias hold the value decently well since their cars have proven to be reliable (in this extreme weather) and also economical to run and maintain.

I personally feel though that their cars are very light (especially the steering) and does not feel as calm and composed on the fast highways as the Europeans or even the Americans. This might not be a big deterrent in India where the average speed is lower.

I think 7 years warranty is a thing of the past now. These days most of their models have a 5 yr warranty or 1.5 lakh kms (unlimited kms for some models) with a 3 year service package.

Now, Kia enjoys a good brand image here and I have seen personally driven/been in most of their models and they are as good as the equivalent Hyundai.

P.S. - The taxi market will always be dominated by Toyota here! The cabs here (Toyota Camry) run 7~8 lakh kms within 2 yrs after which they are disposed off. Uber is again dominated by Lexus.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 15th August 2018 at 14:26.
raj_5004 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2018, 09:37   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

After its 'SUV' launch, KIA will compete in the Premium hatchback and Sedan Segments.

Primarily rivaling Maruti Suzuki's and Hyundai's products the Projects code-named KP1 and KP2 will debut within a year after the launch of its SUV.

Quote:
The hatchback that Kia is planning to bring into the Indian market will compete directly with Hyundai Elite i20 and Maruti Suzuki Baleno. This (strategy) makes sense since these are the segments that are doing well and will continue to attract customers in the future as well,
Quote:
In the midsize sedan segment also, the company will throw a challenge to the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift and Hyundai Verna

Link
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks