Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2016, 12:56   #16
BHPian

Re: Vehicle Papers on smartphone - Telangana takes the lead

The government has launched the App 'm-wallet' today, which can be downloaded from playstore

https;//play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tsgovt.com.mywalet&hl=en

Once registered one has to enter the details of RC or license and the document automatically gets downloaded from the RTA records. As of now I didn't see any option for insurance policy, only RC and DL. Anyway a step in the right direction.

Last edited by vamsi.kona : 29th March 2016 at 12:57. Reason: grammer
vamsi.kona is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 13:25   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post
The government has launched the App 'm-wallet' today, which can be downloaded from playstore

https;//play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tsgovt.com.mywalet&hl=en

Once registered one has to enter the details of RC or license and the document automatically gets downloaded from the RTA records. As of now I didn't see any option for insurance policy, only RC and DL. Anyway a step in the right direction.
The RC card includes information about insurance validity as well. It shows the following fields

Insurance Company Name
Insurance Valid From
Insurance Valid To

In my case, it is showing the dates correctly but the field "Insurance Company Name" is blank. (I am with ICICI Lombard)

So the only missing document now is PUC. Hope they integrate is as soon as possible.

Way to go Telangana RTA.
venuvedam is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 14:00   #18
BHPian

Just downloaded the app. Very much user friendly. I added details of my licence and the details of my car. It automatically gathered the details of my car's insurance as well along with a soft copy of the registration certificate. Thanks to the government of Telangana for the initiative. Now I do not need to worry about carrying my documents in the car/bike. The only thing that I need to have is the Pollution Control certificate and I'm good to go.

Edit: I spoke too soon. I just logged out from the app and have not been able to log back in again. The sign in page has option to provide the mobile number and OTP. Though I click on Resend OTP, I did not get any message on my mobile. So it might be that the app needs a bit more of fine tuning. Or else, could also be a network issue where the message is not received.

Last edited by farooq817 : 29th March 2016 at 14:15. Reason: App not working completely
Old 29th March 2016, 17:20   #19
BHPian

I downloaded the app, it works just fine. You don't need internet to show documents
Old 11th May 2016, 12:17   #20
BHPian

Your vehicle papers on an app

Quote:
Automobile owners will soon be able to display their vehicle registration certificate, driving licence and insurance documents on their smartphones using a mobile application that is being developed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC).

NIC is working on M-Parivahan, an app which is touted as having better features than the Telangana transport department's MWallet. The app is likely to be rolled out pan-India in six months.

M-Wallet, which offers the same facility, entered the top-20 list on Google Play Store within a month of launch with nearly 600,000 downloads

NIC's senior technical scientist Joydeep Shome said, "M-Parivahan is a comprehensive app for informational and transactional purposes that will allow a citizen to access 20-30 services, including applying for a new licence or its renewal, and will be rolled out nationally in six months.

"The app was in development stage for a couple of years. However, the security of data with regards to driving licence and registration certificate was an issue. Telangana's successful implementation cleared the path and we sent a team to Hyderabad to study the security part of it so as to implement it in M-Parivahan,"

"It (M-Wallet) is a very simple and user friendly app and we are working with NIC to have a similar setup in Maharashtra at the earliest." said Mumbai's deputy transport director Sandesh Chauhan .

Source
johannskaria is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 12:22   #21
Team-BHP Support

Re: Your vehicle papers on an app

Wow, this will be such a relief. Right now it is a real mess to carry original documents on person all the time.

Of course, I do expect complications. If the vehicle I drive is in company name or spouse name, I wonder what they will do.
Old 11th May 2016, 12:28   #22
Team-BHP Support

This is actually the app that Telangana already uses. They had said at the time of launch that this may later on get taken up as the blueprint at the national level for a countrywide launch. So they have taken that app now and are adding a few more things to show adoption and improvement, in corporate lingo.

Last edited by Zappo : 11th May 2016 at 12:29.
Old 11th May 2016, 12:39   #23
BHPian

There was a guy who did a security check on the app and he said that it was very easy for him to get in and get any details he wanted of other people, so I would be very wary of this
Old 11th May 2016, 12:40   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a livelihood dryer for our friendly roadside traffic cops.
Too many people have been blackmailed by cops who have taken the license or RC, and have threatened that one can collect it from the station or the court unless settled tehre and then. I suppose the soft copy will be tagged by the system in some manner with challan, or demanding court appearance?
Unless they plan on seizing phones now(?).
Old 11th May 2016, 12:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

Looks to be a step in the right direction.
I have never understood the point in carrying all the paper documents in original, all the time.

Quote:
"It (M-Wallet) is a very simple and user friendly app and we are working with NIC to have a similar setup in Maharashtra at the earliest." said Mumbai's deputy transport director Sandesh Chauhan "
LOL, and I heard a few days back that Pune RTO is issuing paper based RC documents.
They have run out of smart cards!
Old 11th May 2016, 12:43   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I suppose the soft copy will be tagged by the system in some manner with challan, or demanding court appearance?

- Team-BHP article link

Last edited by johannskaria : 11th May 2016 at 12:49.
Old 11th May 2016, 12:48   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
LOL, and I heard a few days back that Pune RTO is issuing paper based RC documents.
They have run out of smart cards!
Yup . Now they are out of papers also, the paper RC takes ages to reach.
Yeah for not giving smart cards, the excuse is, it is difficult to update smart cards in case of any changes.
Old 9th January 2017, 08:49   #28
BHPian

Indian Roadways and Transport Ministry to launch new Road Safety Apps.
These apps are named as m-Parivahan and e-challan.

The apps will be launched in lines with PM Modi’s Digital India Campaign.

These apps will be launched by Transport Minister, Mr. Nitin Gadkari during the 28th Road Safety week that will be observed from 9-15 January 2017.

m- Parivahan will not only provide virtual driving license and registration certificates but will also provide access to various transport related services.

E-challan aims to help traffic police enforce transport laws.
rohiT Nonu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 13:59   #29
BHPian

Am using Digi-locker since its launch in 2017. It saves your Aadhar, DL, RC book and insurance (from select vendors) in the app. Easy to use very friendly. You can send you RC copy to friend or family if they borrow your car. It is acceptable form of identification as per govt. of india
Harish.Krovvidi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 16:48   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The mobile application, developed and tested by transport department officials, is likely to be unveiled by the February-end. Once the App is operational, there is a one time registration with the mobile number or Aadhar number. It is not clear whether based on info provided by the motorist, whether the app will retrieve the documents from RTO records or whether one needs to scan and store the documents.
If the onus is on the motorist to carry the documentation, I'd rather use a cloud drive like DropBox or GoogleDrive or any other popular app, with an offline copy of the documents in my phone.

Already having trouble managing the bundle of Apps installed on my phone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks