Team-BHP - Fiat Grande Punto or Suzuki Swift or Hyundai Getz
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Fiat Grande Punto or Suzuki Swift or Hyundai Getz (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/17337-fiat-grande-punto-suzuki-swift-hyundai-getz.html)

The punto hasn't come here yet but the reviews of the european model have been everywhere. Its a car that has taken Fiat from a loss making company to a profitable one.
Given an option b/w these three cars ( all diesels), which one would you buy? Please give an honest answer if you had to buy one of these with your own money?
I know all of us who say YES for a particular car, may not necesarily turn into potential customers for that particular car but just wanted an opinion from all the Team-Bhpians.
I know what my next car is... Grande Punto 1.3 Multijet. Which one would be yours?

I would go for Suzuki Swift. I can make courage for buying a used Palio maximum considering improvements in Fiat India, but new Fiat is out of question today. I am really not sure about its future and I can't sink my hard-earned money.

i can buy any of the listed cars.. Fiat seems doing good my side. But still if i am buying car for my self it will be for FE so will consider a car with good FE.

My personal fav is punto.. Great car man. 2nd is swift and 3rd will be getz. I am not saying swift is bad or getz is bad.. Just that punto looks too good.

Too early for this comparison. Letz wait for the launch of Fiat Punto in India slated next year (2007). But one thing is for sure, Punto will fire up the hatch segment and will give Swift and Getz a run for their money.

If available with Tata's service (and doesn't have the truck-hard clutch like Palio 1.2): Grande Punto!
Else: Swift.
And, yeah this is with my money.

I would go for the Punto. I am really impressed by the Fiat technology.

I would go for Punto, even if Tata is part of it or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque
Given an option b/w these three cars ( all diesels), which one would you buy? Please give an honest answer if you had to buy one of these with your own money?

Ahh this is very difficult to answer my friend as the Fiat isn’t launched & the diesel variants for Swift & Getz are yet to be available.
So unless we know what engines they would be sporting & how they perform it will be anybody's guess that which out of these would be a good buy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat
Ahh this is very difficult to answer my friend as the Fiat isn’t launched & the diesel variants for Swift & Getz are yet to be available.
So unless we know what engines they would be sporting & how they perform it will be anybody's guess that which out of these would be a good buy

Well we know what engines they'll be sporting. Fiat and Suzuki will come with the same 1.3 JTDI developed by Fiat, albeit Fiat may just give Punto a bit more power than Swift. Getz is almost certain to come with the three pot Accent CRDi motor. Thats why i asked you all this question.

Is the selection based on the looks? If it is, I would opt for Swift. Otherwise would not be able to select until and otherwise the specs & pricing are known

My cars so far

1. Premier Padmini
2. Uno
3. Palio

Need I say more?

I agree with surprise. We all know what engines the Swift & Getz would be sporting but we are not sure of the exact performance figures & other details like pricing etc.

Btw if you already know what your car would be then why ask ?

Also if you just want to know public opinion I suggest you ask the mods to put up a Poll with this thread so that you can get a measurable response?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat
I agree with surprise. We all know what engines the Swift & Getz would be sporting but we are not sure of the exact performance figures & other details like pricing etc.

Btw if you already know what your car would be then why ask ?

Also if you just want to know public opinion I suggest you ask the mods to put up a Poll with this thread so that you can get a measurable response?

I think it is unfair to compare all three just now. The question itself is bit hypothetical. Most of the people on the forum have not seen the punto I guess. Niether we know how swift or getz will feel with those diesel horses pulling them. So even if members voice there opinion or poll for it, that will based more on emotions than facts and figures. I would wait to drive all three, compare, and then poll.

The Punto abroad is one hell of a car. If the one here is anything like it, I'd go for it for sure.

I dont think time is ripe yet for a comparison among the three. We have not yet seen how the JTD will be when it is localised :) . Also, we do not know how Getz would be with the 1.5 CRDI. We do not know the price at which all the three will be sold. We also do not know about the quality that Fiat and Tata can maintain after they localise Punto. Out now, the only thing I can see is to compare them on the looks front. If I were to rank them based on their looks, it will be:
1. Punto
2. Getz
3. Swift