Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2016, 16:25   #76
BHPian

Re: Refreshed Honda Amaze spied; *EDIT* Now launched starting 5.3 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Actually you're not missing much. From our drive of the Jazz CVT last year which has the same 1.2L engine, the CVT was not of much use. In a CVT transmission, the paddles are gimmicks really as there is nothing like a kick down.

Only CVT which mimics gear charges with the paddles is the Toyota CVT in the Altis.

The City has a bigger 1.5L engine so the paddles are not as useless as it translates to forward movement. In the Jazz the paddles would just increase the noise and whine and revs would go up but no real progress would take place.
Well that certainly brought my morale up, thanks a lot

I was hoping the paddles would help take those quick overtakes but the S mode should help with that.
vishusingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 16:39   #77
BHPian

Mod Note: Our Amaze Facelift Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Not feasible. First, Honda won't be willing to sell it to you. And even if you manage to convince them, parts + labour will cost you 75k - 100k. Then, there's the misery of seeing your dash ripped apart. Trust me, you don't want to go down that road.
I hope with the new spare part policy where spares have to made available we can get our hands on the new dash...I would even like to get the Mobilio RS projector headlamps....that is one part of the car i really hate (We have an Amaze S AT since 2013).

If anyone has a good connect at Honda (Mumbai or Pune or Delhi) where we can understand if we can get our hands on these and how much these could cost will be very useful and appreciated!!
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

Disappointing to see dual airbags only on the top 2 variants and not even ABS in the lower variants.
That is ODD as they used to give ABS (as in my 2013 S AT) that seems to be missing here and only available with the SX and VX models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishusingh View Post
I was hoping the paddles would help take those quick overtakes but the S mode should help with that.
IF you are upto it..you could possibly install the City Steering Wheel with the Paddles. I considered this but the old S AT did not have a sports mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Wow. I am pleasantly surprised with the introduction of the CVT transmission. The old 5 speed was not bad but wasn't the smoothest. The CVT from the Jazz should really help the city driveability of the Amaze.

Pricing wise the CVT has increased by 20-30K vs the older AT.
I hope the FE improves with the CVT which was very poor with the 5 Speed...am sure the AMT gearboxes plus the volumes of CVT across all models makes sense.

Last edited by GTO : 9th March 2016 at 16:29. Reason: Link to review + closing thread
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks